YMMV: Sex Pistols
- Award Snub: Inverted. The band snubbed The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, calling it a "piss stain."
- Face of the Band: Johnny Rotten.
- He Really Can Play: Steve Jones. See Vindicated by History below.
- Love It or Hate It: For all their fame and influence, there are still many people out there who hate the band.
- Painful Rhyme: "I am an antichrist! I am an anarch-eye-st!"
- Made on purpose. The way he sang was the equivalent of sneering.
- Signature Song: "Anarchy in the U.K." and "God Save the Queen".
- Vindicated by History: Inverted in the case of Sid Vicious. During the eighties he was frequently touted as a musical genius whereas now he's recognized for the Dreadful Musician he really was. Played somewhat straight with the rest of the band, but especially with Steve Jones who is finally being recognized as a surprisingly talented guitarist. Those used to the strict Three Chords and the Truth version of Punk Rock often come away thinking the Sex Pistols sound more like a Hard Rock band after hearing Steve play.
- The Woobie: Say what you will about the guy, but what is known of Sid Vicious’ life, both before and after the Sex Pistols, is actually pretty heartbreaking.