YMMV: Rod Stewart
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Is the main character of "Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright)" a perverted creep trying to force an unwilling virgin to have sex with him, or is he a nice boyfriend who's trying to convince the girl (who truly loves him and wants it as much as he does, but is a little nervous) that everything's gonna be fine?
- Americans Love Rod Stewart's "Forever Young": The song did OK but not great in his native UK (it peaked at #57 there), but made the top 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the States. To quote Mojo magazine's 1995 interview of Stewart:
Rod Stewart: "I love 'Forever Young', because that was a real heartfelt song about my kids. I suddenly realized I'd missed a good five years of Sean and Kimberly's life because I was so busy touring all the time. With these kids now I don't make that mistake- I take them on tour with me, so I can watch them grow up. So that's another favorite. Unfortunately, it wasn't a big hit in England, but it's like a national anthem here (America)."
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Elton John. Well, Elton's sexuality aside, anyway...
- Ho Yay: A bit of this between him and Ronnie Wood. Watch this performance and see if there isn't *something* between those two.
- Signature Song: "Maggie May"
- Take That, Scrappy!: The video for "The Motown Song" features an animated No Celebrities Were Harmed Captain Ersatz for Vanilla Ice, who is jumping around on the street when an ice truck opens up and dumps a bunch of ice cubes onto him.