YMMV: Pride of Baghdad
- Anvilicious: Yeah.
- Narm: Many a reader had the wrong reaction to the lion-rapin'.
- Nightmare Fuel: If not the whole story in and of itself, then definitely when Fajer appears as Rashid's torturer. Also the giraffe's Squicky death, and the sea turtle finding his family.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: While no particular side in the war is implicated as the bad guy, the story's power is derived from hitting you in the face with the aftermath of war. With the suffering of adorable animals.
- Tear Jerker: If you don't think so, you may want to check for your soul somewhere. Especially "No. They're free." and "There were other casualties that day." Also, the very last page, which is also something of a bittersweet Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- The Woobie: Dear God. All of them.
- Jerkass Woobie: Safa.