- Bizarro Episode: This short was one of these for animation itself. It almost single-handedly established that not every piece of animation had to be a rip-off of Disney's latest short. However, Max and Dave Fleischer had been producing bizarre animation for some time before this short came out. Swing You Sinners is probably the only one that matches Porky in Wackyland's absurdity though.
- Funny Moment: The part where Porky is looking for the Do-Do, and then the Warner Bros. . logo pops up (complete with steel guitar sound) and then the Do-do pops out of it, hits Porky with a slingshot, and then rides off with the logo into the distance, with the steel guitar sound playing in reverse.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: At one point in the original short, a dog and cat hybrid appears, and it has a startling resemblance to the lead characters of the cartoon CatDog.
- Nightmare Fuel: Due to the Deranged Animation, there's bound to be some critters considered very creepy for kids.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: Considering so many bizarre, mind screwy things have come about since this shorts debut, it really has lost the original intended impact it had back when it first debuted.
- Values Dissonance: There is a black duck with an oversized mouth on his knees saying ''Mammy!'' over and over.