- Awesome Music
- The CSI Effect: Real-life defense attorneys started to notice a "Perry Mason Syndrome" with juries becoming hesitant to acquit a defendant without a confession from someone else on the stand (the standard is, of course, reasonable doubt). Some prosecutors similarly noticed a hesitance to convict without a confession on the stand.
- Viewers may not catch on for some time that most of Perry's "trials" are actually pre-trial hearings. They're held to determine whether or not there should even be a trial. Part of the reason it was done this way was to avoid having to cast twelve more people to play a jury.
- Ho Yay: *The Case of the Jaded Joker": Comedian Danny Ross lives in a house with a man named Freddie Green, and they seem to spend a lot of time together. Danny is also adamant that Perry represent Freddie.
Paul Drake: One day, [Freddie]'s picking up pennies, doing two-bit errands for any guy that's got two bits in his pocket. The next day, he's living in luxury at Ross's expense.
- Les Yay:
- In "The Case of the Gilded Lily", Mrs. Brent and the secretary, Enid Griffin seem to take more of a liking to one another than one would expect for mere acquaintances.
- In "The Case of the Foot-Loose Doll", the false Fern Driscoll seems to have a kind of thing for the just-dumped fiancée, Mildred.
- Only The Creator Does It Right: Some fans apply this to any revival done after Erle Stanley Gardner died in 1970.
- The Scrappy: David Gideon, an eager young law student brought in to assist Perry. He doesn't last.