YMMV: Muv-Luv Alternative
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is the existence and identity of the Takeru we see in Final Extra really the same one as that of the one we stuck with in ''Unlimited'' and ''Alternative'', or did the latter cease to exist after 00-Sumika dies? The members of the English-speaking fandom holds either the former or the latter position. In favor of the former: he slips into deja-vu in both FE and Altered Fable. In favor of the latter: one of the game's emphases is that a person's memories and experiences make up his identity; he describes his eventual fate in the Extra branch (that of gradually-merging with that branch's Takeru) as effectively ceasing to exist.
- Hell Is That Noise: The Code 991 noise, which is disconcerting in general, becomes a special source of Nightmare Fuel after the CHOMP. It's popular among fans as a phone alarm since they know the stress response it causes will force them to act.
- Memetic Badass: Ikaruga is the pinnacle of YAMATO DAMASHII. He's "so Japanese that he's more Japanese than all of Japan and its lands and Shinto deities combined; people look at him and see the General of Generals, while BETA burst into flames just by being near him."
- Memetic Mutation:
- One-Scene Wonder: For all his popularity, Ikaruga only appears during one very short scene that isn't even really about him.
- The Scrappy: Naoya Sagiri is not a popular character in the fandom, to say the least. The reasons for this largely revolve around his behavior during the coup arc and his behavior back in the world of Extra where he come across as extremely selfish.