- Accidental Innuendo: In the Christmas Episode in the second season, there's this line that Agnes says to Maddie. Even Maddie looks a bit surprised:
Agnes: There was no one I'd rather have children with than you.
- Ear Worm: The theme tune, sung by Al Jarreau.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Bruce Willis playing David and Maddie's baby, after Look Who's Talking.
- Moment of Awesome: The "We're looking for a man with a mole on his nose" scene with David, Maddie and a security guard in "The Murder's In The Mail."
- Relationship Writing Fumble: A contributing factor in the show's decline.
- Retroactive Recognition: The second episode of the first series begins with the entrance of a contract killer portrayed by Tim Robbins (the guy from The Shawshank Redemption).
- The sixth episode of the fourth season has the ABC executives trying to recast Addison, with a long lineup of actors with varying resemblances to Bruce Willis, including Jerry Doylenote , who would later play Security Chief Micheal Garibaldi on Babylon 5.
- Shipping Bed Death: Dave and Maddie are often considered the Trope Codifier with their hooking up at the end of the third season, to the point where this is sometimes called "Moonlighting Syndrome", with popular opinion being that people stopped watching after Dave and Maddie finally consummated, since there was no longer any reason for people to tune in to see if they would. However, the show didn't really suffer from the leads getting together, it suffered from the leads not being in the same room for about a year afterward. There was no point at which they were together as a couple at all. Willis was busy filming Die Hard, and Shepherd was pregnant, which affected their schedules with the series.
- Tear Jerker: All other post-s3 wonkiness aside, if Maddie and Dave's reaction to her miscarriage doesn't get you, nothing will.