YMMV: Kolchak: The Night Stalker
- Actor Allusion: Lara Parker playing an evil witch...
- Critical Research Failure: Quite a lot in the Rakshasa episode. The most egregious error being the beef curry (which is the worst possible sacrilege for a religion in which cows are sacred). Other glaring errors pertain to the Rakshasas and the mythology behind them. Furthermore, the Swastikas drawn are actually the slanted Nazi variant, the vast majority of Hindu swastikas being straight.
- At the same time, it is correctly noted that the Swastika is a Hindu symbol and a symbol of good, and several Rakshasas in Hindu mythology are known for cannibalism and magical disguises.
- Cult Classic
- Harsher in Hindsight: Not long after The Night Strangler came out, a real serial killer started preying on young women in Seattle.
- Playing Against Type: Phil Silvers in "Horror in the Heights"; John "Piglet" Fiedler as fast-talking morgue attendant Gordon "Gordie the Ghoul" Spangler; Jim Backus as a motorcycle dealer; Jamie Farr as a high school science teacher in "Primal Scream."
- What Could Have Been: If the series had been renewed for a second season, Kolchak would have dealt with creatures such as Sasquatch, Medusa, the Piasa Bird, a woman transformed into a savage killer as a result of a failed experiment, a demon-possessed young man, medieval executioners that came out of a painting to kill their victims, and a monster wreaking havoc on a film set.