YMMV: Hellfire Commentaries
- Acceptable Targets: David Cage. Whenever given a chance Tom will mock him with the "Cage Voice" and the Twitch chat will openly take the piss out of him.
- Accidental Innuendo/Innocent Innuendo: Inverted; rarely is an innuendo either innocent or accidental.
Tom: I will fucking shank you.FTA: You'll shag me?Tom: Shank.FTA: Tom, this is hardly the time or place!Tom: S-H-A-N-K, OK!?
Helldragon: Did Jiminy sleep with him?Tom: Please rephrase that.
- However, this is played straight some times:
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Several. Some examples:
- The bird in A Bug's Life is a Classically Trained Extra.
- The students of East High School are secretly ninjas, while Coach Bolton and Sharpay are nigh-demonic.
- Parasite Cage is a great old one.
- Done with an entire movie. Pokémon: Jirachi: Wishmaker is about a butler who is trying to blow up the sun with a cute little fairy thing while May is secretly plotting to destroy the world with her wishing star. Also, Mai Valentine drives the Magic School Bus.
- SOS: The Final Escape (Disaster Report in the US) is about escaping a collapsing city (While Open Your Heart plays in the background) and trying to get Super Smash Bros. 4 from Sakurai.
- DiZ is sometimes portrayed as being obsessed with playing World of Warcraft which is one of the main reasons they think it took so long to restore Sora.
- A Running Gag during the Sonic-a-thon is people who donate leaving in their message, styled as a short breaking new article, a story about what's currently happening in the game the runners are playing, usually portraying Eggman as trying to do something benevolent and Sonic and Co. ruining it.
- Cargo Ship: "Stop humping the Companion Cube!"
- Crosses the Line Twice: FTA enjoys burning down villages full of innocent children.
- "Dock your dick with the HFC Dick Dock!"
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Helldragon's Cluster F-Bomb, as seen in the main page, most definitely qualifies.
- NTom defeating the final boss of Luigi's Mansion with only 5% of his health left.
- NTom, greatzombieron, and IRTundraboy reading out this very page during the Half-Life 2 playthrough. At least to us...
- During the Sonic Unleashed playthrough, Tom and Fastest Thing Alive would often compare the PS360 version of the game with the WiiS2 version to see which was superior, with Tom on the 360-side, and FTA on the Wii-side. At the end, what version does Gareth ultimately think is the definitive version?
FTA: My opinion? There isn't one. Whichever version you prefer to play is the definitive version to you.
- Finishing off Xaldin with the Goofy Rocket. Oh, hell yeah!
- Topped by the final blow against
Storm RiderDerp-Dragon. Three words: Slide. Vertigo. Toss. Even TheHelldragon is awed.
- Topped by the final blow against
- NTom catching Victini with a normal Pokeball on Pokémon Black: The Nuzlocke live stream.
- Tom beating the Grandmaster Galaxy Perfect Run for the first time ever. Live.
NTom: Star fucking Get!
- Crowning Moment of Funny: It has its own page now.
- Crowning Moment Of Heart Warming: The Banjo Tooie Chip-in Playthrough, in which Ntom64 raised 375$ for his financially troubled mother.
- Drinking Game: Aladdin and the King of Thieves — see a reference, take a drink!
Jetsons! Take a drink.
Space Jam? Take a drink? Actually, let's pass on that.
Also Jurassic Park, 'cause... fuck you, take a drink.
- "When did the King of Thieves commentary become a drinking game?"
- Fan Dumb: Made fun of a lot in the Sonic Generations play through.
- Fan Hater: Neither NTom64 nor Helldragon are particularly fond of Gen 4 of Pokemon (though they don't bash it nearly as much as BrainScratch Commentaries). Egoraptor has gotten a fair amount of flak for bashing popular games with little to no explanation. That's still no reason for NTom64 to portray Egoraptor liking Gen 4 as a sign of bad taste, in a way that attacks anyone else who likes it. He later states that he was not attempting to insult him, but merely pointing out that Egoraptor was a contrarian.
- Flanderization: Many of the commentators have gone toward making the most out of a particular schtick they have, such as Hell Dragon's cynical anger and MBM constantly talking about speedruns.
- Tropes Are Not Bad: This has served to deviate each member from straightforward commentary and bring more entertaining moments to the playthroughs.
- Freud Was Right: During Rouge's driving section of Sonic Adventure 2...
FTA: We have a chick with cleavage bigger than Tails' head, and she's driving a friggin' penis!
- Harsher in Hindsight: While recording the final episode for the Super Mario Sunshine Playthrough Tom jokes that he'll make Sparanda playthrough a no hit run of Sonic Heroes ... ...come Spar's first playthough of Sonic Heroes and he states multiple times he hates the game, to the point he likes Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) more than Heroes.
- During the Xenoblade Chronicles Let's Play Tom says 'I hope Fiora's not dead right now' just minutes before Fiora looks to die.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In their commentary of Pokémon: The First Movie, they note how Mewtwo's personality resembles that of Shadow, but then becomes more like Knuckles later on. Guess who voices Mewtwo in the Pokémon: Mewtwo Returns OVA?
- In one part of the Kingdom Hearts playthrough, THD learns about the word "quiff" from Tom and mentions that he should use it more often. Cue the commentary for Raikou: Legend of Thunder, where he uses it in almost every sentence.
- Now there's the whole "Resident Evil!" bit from the Sonic Unleashed playthrough, seeing as the two series now share a voice actor.
- In one part of the Sonic 06 playthrough, FTA quipped that it'd take Tom three years to get to the 1000 Heartless Battle. That was in May of 2008 — over two years before Tom eventually reached said battle.
- Later on in the same playthrough, FTA mentioned that he'd love a Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Almost two years afterward, guess what?
- In the Kingdom Hearts II playthrough, upon mention of the possibility of a Notre Dame world, HellDragon taunts NTom by telling him that "it will never happen". Cue Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance's Mid-January 2011 trailer...
- In their Birth By Sleep playthrough, they make several parallels between several cutscenes and scenes from Star Wars. Cue Disney buying the rights to the movies.
- In their Destiny Deoxys commentary, one of them asks if they will, one day, make "Picnic Ant" Pokemon. This was before Black and White came out anywhere. Now, I'm not seeing them getting any picnic baskets, but do we really want to see Durants crashing any picnics
- In Ben 10 Race Against Time, Tom makes a joke saying "The Ben With Hoodie, didn't sell to well." Little did he know that Ben would wear one later on...
- Ho Yay: FTA and SonicMovies.
- I Am Not Shazam: Some people insist on calling Tom Hellfire Comms.
- Memetic Mutation: THE CITY IS FUCKING DESTROYED!
- "SHE'S NINE!"
- Tom's David Cage.
- #Sparandamaybethecause is one for the Hellfirecomms stream chat.
- The Sonic-a-thon also is starting to start some possible memes, such as Cream the Rabbi.
- Nightmare Fuel: Ron's threat to pull off Tom's face and go to his funeral wearing it. (Also hilarious.)
- A straighter example for the two occurred a few times in the Disaster Movie commentary.
- Nightmare Retardant: Quite a bit of the more diturbing things in Abe's Oddysee are nullified by greatzombieron, such as giving the scarabs an effeminate voice.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Invoked in How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, particularly Cindy-Lou-Who.
Tom: I've got diabetes already!
- The Woobie: MBM, during a stream of Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal had made his way to Pryce and fought him. ...and again.. ...and again... and again... because the game was screwing up each time. It eventually reached a point to where the save file got corrupted and he Rage Quit from it, completely speechless from what he just saw happen. All because of a random Game-Breaking Bug that couldn't be figured out. ...However, it can be seen as Crossing the Line Twice because while this was going on, the Stream chat was in hysterics blaming Sparanda on the whole mess.