This series provides examples of:
- Acceptable Lifestyle Targets : Averted. The students are all decent kids who look after each other and their families, but adults call them trash all the time. The show's overall theme is that they're only delinquents because they're living down to adults' (especially teachers') low opinions of them.
- Ho Yay: The manga can probably get away with stuff like this because the characters involved are gonks.
- Or this, though less extreme.
- Padding: With hints of Leave the Camera Running and Big Lipped Alligator Moment, the running montage in episode 7 of the anime. It lasts for over a minute and is completely unnecessary, uncomfortable, and... bizarre; the weird song Fujiyama has her choir club sing is playing in the background, sung by out-of-tune falsetto voices.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Shin in the live action series, who is nowhere to be seen or heard of after the first season, whereas he starts a relationship with Yankumi in the manga after graduating.