Usui and his harem of swooning fan...guys?
"It is nae wonder", said the king, "That my daughter’s love ye did win; Had I been a woman, as I am a man, My bedfellow ye should hae been."
The male form of Hello, Nurse!
and polar opposite of the Casanova Wannabe
. A male character who is so good-looking and unintentionally charming that he becomes a babe and
stud magnet, (the studs being either bisexual, or straight). Some of the other characters may question his sexuality and he'll keep them guessing
, which results in Ho Yay
... unless, of course, he is the love interest
The only thing that saves him from becoming The Casanova
or a harem manager
is his complete obliviousness to his power to make women's knees go weak and men's eyes glittery. If he's aware of it, which is more likely if he's the main protagonist, he'll treat it as more of a curse than a blessing
and be a staunch Chaste Hero
or Celibate Hero
; or, if he's Big Boss
, he won't really care one way or the other.
Compare the Chick Magnet
, which is only for girls. Occasional cause is Dude Looks Like a Lady
(if straight guys fall for him because they think he's a girl
) or The Dandy
, though a polar opposite cause could be his sheer masculine appeal
Has the Distaff Counterpart
of Even the Girls Want Her
, and for intersex characters, Everybody Wants the Hermaphrodite
Can lead to the character becoming a Memetic Sex God
. And it can also lead to the admirer(s) Jumping the Gender Barrier
. Frequently overlaps with The Ace
If his "admirers" include much younger characters as well as both sexes, he may be the series' Stacy's Mom
Can be used quizzically in combination with Eating the Eye Candy
and Female Gaze
if such work is written
, directed or produced by a gay man
and it is presented from the perspective of a female character.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Akira from Ai Ore! Love Me!. Many of the boys at his school are infatuated at him because of his cute, feminine appearance.
- Gate 7: Tokugawa Iemitsu.
- Wild Adapter: Kubota Makoto.
- Yamada Taro Monogatari: Not only is Taro a big Chick Magnet, he even manages to make Suguira fall for him.
- Kagetora of Mirage of Blaze. Naoe is deeply in love with him.
- In The Secret Devil-chan manga, when Kurosaki Sou's male classmates find out Devil-chan is actually a boy, they just don't care. To quote the manga: Cuteness is all that matters. A boy? So what if he's a boy?
- Masa from My Bride Is a Mermaid. The first guy to "want" him was The Protagonist, Nagasumi himself, after he received CPR from him, which he mistook as a kiss (his first).
- Gensoumaden Saiyuki and all its related movies, series and manga. All four main characters, especially Sanzo, get quite a bit of male attention, notably from their foes. Goku had Homura get up close and personal, Hakkai had Chin Yisou (plus Li Touten's come-ons to Tenpou), Gojyo had Kami-sama...and poor Sanzo had Hazel, Go Dougan in Requiem, Rikudo, the bandits from Burial, and that one guy from the Reload anime with the puppets. Not to mention the way that Goku looks at Sanzo and Gojyo teases him about being pretty. Sanzo...does not always deal with this gracefully. One of his less rage-y reactions from early in Gensomaden:
Guy (Leers and holds Sanzo's face):You're so pretty that you look like a woman.
GS (Calmly nonplussed):I'm a man though.
Guy: (Leers even more):I don't mind.
GS (Remains placid):Fool.
- The Familiar of Zero: Saito. Even though he and Louise are in love with each other, that doesn't stop most of the women in the show from expressing interest in Saito at one time or another, most notably Siesta and Kirche. In addition to that, after his victory over Guiche, Saito becomes popular with the commoners and some nobles in the school, both male and female. Marto, the school's head cook is especially in awe of Saito for his victory and gives him free food because of it. He also affectionately calls him "Our Sword", embraces and even attempts to kiss him on multiple occasions. Later, in the last episode of season 2, Saito gives a sleeping Louise to Julio, who promises to watch her while Saito's out doing battle. Saito tells him he's fighting for Louise's sake because he loves her, and Julio is so touched by this that he says to him with much adoration: "I wish to tell you I love you too." He even tells Saito during a fight with him that he wants to kiss him as well as Louise. Oh, and then there's Scarron, a Macho Camp inn manager, who has also taken a liking to Saito, saying that he is "just his type", attempts to plant a Forceful Kiss on him, and glomps him while releasing plenty of heart marks.
- Gankutsuou: The Count. Albert clearly has a huge crush on him. And then there's Albert himself. His best friend Franz is secretly and desperately in love with him. And Peppo, a male crossdresser seems to have a strong affection for Albert and enjoys teasing him whenever he can. He later falls deeply in love with Albert. He also ends up engaged to Eugenie who ends up falling in love with him too.
- Jack Atlas of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds, idolized by men and women everywhere to the point where he has his own action figure within the show itself... and it's shown in the loving possession of a young male cast member.
- The hero Yusei himself. He was blatantly hit on by Yanagi, who at one point tried to give him a Smooch of Victory after Yusei won a duel. His cellmate Aoyama has also flirted with him. In the dub of episode 31, Crow suggests that if he and Yusei can't win this duel, they should book a room together in prison.
- Judai of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, not enough to be a Boys Love show but nonetheless impossible to escape.
- Also Johan. Judai himself is implied to have feelings for him. (Yubel called him out on it. Twice.)
- Mamoru Chiba of Sailor Moon was surprisingly nice when Fisheye came on to him. Also, the plot of the Sailor Moon R Movie centered around a male alien's (Fiore) obsession with him.
- Subverted in the episode of Princess Tutu, "Crime and Punishment". Femio thinks that everyone including pretty-boy Mytho is absolutely in love with him, but it's actually all in his head — Mytho was miming the "I Love You" mime as a way to fight against the Raven's blood tainting his heart.
- Kyohei from The Wallflower, who has a history of losing jobs due to his bosses — both male and female — sexually harassing him, and his headmaster at his school also came on to him once.
- In Haunted Junction, Akamanto Kamen/Red Mantle is a very attractive male ghost who charms all the girls of Saitou High on mere sight, except for School Council girl Mutsuki (she has a thing for younger males instead). When he takes off his mask to save a bunch of Brainwashed and Crazy boys from a curse cast by his rival and long-lost younger sister, the ghostly Femme Fatale Blue Spot Girl, even guys (included Haruto and Kazumi from the Saitou HS council) fall in love with him. Hilarity Ensues.
- Griffith of the Berserk manga/anime. His subordinates consider him to be very handsome and are quite taken with him.
- Guts as well. He's a major Chick Magnet and Griffith himself had a Yandere obsession toward Guts before the Eclipse.
- From JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Dio Brando. His insane level of charisma gets a lot of people to serve him, female and male alike. Joseph even mentions that this makes him very dangerous, as his minions are extremely loyal.
- Germany's most evil bishonen, Johan Liebert, has been described as beautiful by more often by men than he has by women.
- And then there's Roberto's huge Bodyguard Crush on him. Seriously, whenever the man talks about Johan you'd think they were lovers or something...
- Ladios Sopp from The Five Star Stories manga the anime movie it spawned has one of these moments in just about every volume in which he appears. To be fair, he is a god in disguise. His true form, Amaterasu the God Emperor of Light sometimes gets this as well, but most people are too intimidated or outright terrified by him to say anything about it.
- Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket is popular among both males and females at his school. His older brother Ayame was also very popular with both genders in his school times. Not to mention that Haru once told Tohru that Yuki was his "first love." Also, Takei Makoto the Student Council president at Yuki and Tohru's school is shown to have a crush on Yuki, blushing whenever he is around and imagining him wearing a dress with a smile on his face.
- Vampire Hunter D's leading character, D, is often called on his otherworldly beauty, with both genders commonly propositioning him. D's grandfather also has these effects on people.
- In the original light novel series, D almost gets raped 3 times by men & Leon prevents two of them, one of those rape attempts included a kiss & getting to second base, and D gets 5 marriage requests from men.
- One-shot character and Charm Person Kotaro Ijuuin in Rosario + Vampire Capu2. Not only did his voice captivate nearly every girl in earshot, when Ginei attempted to stand up to him, even he was smitten.
- From the opening credits, it's clear that Ichiro from Nerima Daikon Brothers is coveted by women, men and animals alike. Naturally, he works at a host club.
- Ikki from Air Gear. Just ask Akito. Or Aeon Clock who once confessed his love for him by saying that his life is Ikki's "feathers" and that "my heart is still inside those wings engraved with the same time". Or possibly even Kazu.
- The eponymous character of Hayate the Combat Butler is known to have androgynous features and has induced many a Stupid Sexy Flanders moment among guys every time he is forced to crossdress. This has actually made a fellow male combat butler, Kotetsu Segawa, become something of a persistent suitor even after he found out Hayate was actually a guy.
- Yukito from Cardcaptor Sakura had Sakura, Syaoran, and Sakura's brother Touya vying for his affection. Also the wacky Genki Girl Akizuki, seemingly. She really wants his power, and doesn't particularly care that if she takes it, he'll die. Of course, Everyone Is Bi in the CCS universe anyway.
- Train from Black Cat had three girls who fell for him, and, ironically, the man who fell for him is the one whose feelings for him are the deepest and most obsessive.
- Akio from Revolutionary Girl Utena, and for very different reasons, Touga. It's no real surprise when they start doing each other after Akio's first couple of appearances.
- Claus Valca from Last Exile, especially notable in the episode "Fairy Chess", receives varying forms of potentially romantic attention from Lavie, Tatiana, Sophia, Dio, and Gale.
- Masao Kirishima from Mars quickly attracts the attention of male and female students alike.
- Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic!. Sousuke managed to attract unwanted attention from Gauron ever since he was twelve. Seriously — when Gauron first saw him, he literally did a double take, parked his jeep, and tried to pick him up. Also, in episode 24 while Gauron's trying to blow himself and Sousuke up (possibly in his screwed-up mind, as a lover's double suicide), he cries out, "I LOVE YOU, KASHIM!" and in Japanese, Gauron actually says "Aishiteru ze", which literally means "I love you" with all the romantic and sexual connotations attached to it. He also keeps calling Sousuke "Honey". Zaied also quite possibly felt a bit more than friendship towards Sousuke. Especially considering the frequent, really Gaussian Girl-esque memories he had of playing half-naked in the water with young Sousuke. Or how, in the short amount of time he was shown, he's always constantly thinking about Sousuke and whispering his name. Not to mention that, although Sousuke doesn't hesitate to kill him, he ends up unable to bring himself to shoot Sousuke when he has the chance. And Zaied wasn't the only guerilla that worked with Sousuke that probably wanted him — in the novels, it's made clear that Sousuke was aware that the other guerrillas he worked with treated him unusually nice, and many times it seemed likely that they would "attack him in his sleep" just because he was so darn pretty.
- In the novels, Lemon seems to be Bi the Way towards Sousuke. Sure, he has a crush on Nami but there are the numerous times he's shown to have a strong attraction to Sousuke, despite Sousuke not even doing much besides being good looking and simply being there. When he first saw Sousuke, he thinks to himself that Sousuke is very good looking and "charming", despite Sousuke being completely emotionless (read: "eye candy"). Later, after Sousuke wins a tournament that helped win back Lemon's money, Lemon hugged Sousuke with "more passion than a french kiss would warrant", making Sousuke slightly uncomfortable. And later still, Lemon gets drunk, and subsequently invades Sousuke's personal space by hugging and groping him while blushing - which irritates Sousuke to no end.
- In episode 11 from Fumoffu, a male trio from the Music Club challenges him to a bet — if he can pick up a girl, they'll pay for his meals, but if he can't, he has to, swim in a lake, naked, while they watch. He loses the bet (due to acting overly scary and violent). The other school girls watching are shown to be really excited to see his body.
- And then in the manga there's a substitute swim teacher who takes an immediate interest in Sousuke and his abilities — an interest which apparently involves blushing, drooling, and having thoughts which are WAY too suggestive to not be taken as Hot for Student. And he is shown to be very obviously jealous and shocked when he interprets Kaname's "I work well with Sousuke because we have a bond" as being that they've done it.
- Also, there's the elderly janitor for the school that is shown having a fantasy of having a threesome with Sousuke and Tsubaki. It was the most disgusting and disturbing images shown, ever. Brain Bleach will be needed for anyone who sets eyes on that.
- Allen Walker inspires such a reaction, along with being a Chick Magnet. Rohfa is infatuated with him, Road claims to love him, and there are suggestions in the second novel that Lenalee may have a secret crush on him. Another interpretation is that For may have a crush too. And then he's shown to be able to manipulate Komurin — a robot — by turning up his charm (complete with Bishie Sparkle) which makes Komurin fall for him. And possibly Lavi if his Ho Yay towards Allen is any indication.
- Not to mention Road telling Lavi that Tyki likes Allen as she does (this being after it was established that she likes Allen enough to kiss him).
- There's also Jeryy, the Camp Gay cafeteria manager in the Black Order, who flirts with Allen and calls him "cute".
- Johnny appears to be obsessed with Allen too.
- Kanda too. He's had guys hit on him before and Lavi is quite affectionate towards him, insists on calling him by his first name, and acts like a spurned lover whenever Kanda yells at him.
- And Tyki. Cyril clearly likes the ladies but he is also obsessed with Tyki and even flirts with him a couple of times. He once said that Tyki's beauty arouses him, with Tyki replying "You're giving me goosebumps."
- Kimihiro Watanuki from Xxx HO Li C. The Love Triangle he thought he was in? Well... he is interested in Himawari Kunogi and she kinda likes him back, but it turns out his "love rival" Shizuka Doumeki isn't interested in Himawari like he believed, but in Watanuki himself. LOL CLAMP.
- Also the shy little spirit, a fox dragon thing and maybe Yuuko.
- Oh, and you know Zashiki Warashi, that cute girl that's completely shy and has a huge crush on Watanuki? In all likelihood, "she" is a "he" or an "it", according to a CLAMP interview where they say that her being female is not necessarily the case. Coupled with the fact that Zashiki Warashi spirits are normally described as being young boys and rarely being girls, along with how Ame-warashi usually says "this child" when referring to Zashiki Warashi instead of actually using a gender...
- Peacemaker Kurogane—
- Both played straight and played with in the case of Hijikata. He's portrayed, as in history, as extremely popular with the ladies, and even one major (male) villain in the manga was clearly attracted to him; however, in one conversation between Suzu and Tetsunosuke, when they are lampshading the similarities between their respective masters, Suzu goes into fanboy mode over Yoshida's attractiveness and sexual prowess, complete with an imagined Yoshida flaunting his sex appeal. Tetsunosuke, with a similar mental image of Hijikata, just seems disturbed by the thought.
- And Tetsunosuke himself qualifies as Suzu has a considerable amount of Foe Yay towards him, Heisuke finds him attractive and has flirted with him, Susumu blushed around him and is hinted to really like him, and he has a love interest in Saya.
- And Suzu too. The old merchant Yamatoya made him his sex slave and his favorite "pet".
- In Future Diary, the male lead and cute little boy Yukiteru is constantly pursued by the absolutely psychotic Yuno. Apparently he has also elicited similar feelings of the Ho Yay variety in Akise Aru. In the spin off, Akise goes as far to say that he's not gay, just Yukki-sexual.
- Handsome Lech Hachibei Maeda in Ai Kora has a few girls in his harem that are either in love with him or grow to love him later on. Also, Haiji fell in love with him because Maeda has a "pure heart".
- Outlaw Star has Gene who initially has a thing going with his partner Hilda, gains the affections of the lovely Melfina, has Ship Tease moments with Suzuka, as well as Fred Luo having a yaoi crush on him.
- Midori no Hibi: Seiji. Besides being a Chick Magnet, in the manga a rather cute boy named Kota falls in love with him as well.
- Yami No Matsuei: Everybody wants Tsuzuki... it's not just Muraki. Let's see, there's Hisoka, Muraki (the most blatant one), Hijiri, the Count or Hakushaku (just as blatant as Muraki), Tatsumi, Watari (a one time Stupid Sexy Flanders case), even his Shikigami... Yup, everyone's gay for Tsuzuki.
- An episode of the second Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei anime series shows even the boys in Nozomu Itoshiki's class would jump at the chance of a romantic relationship with him. Much to his despair, of course.
- Fushigi Yuugi—
- Tamahome. Canonically, Nakago has a one-sided obsession with him, Yui is in love with him to a Yandere-like degree, and he and Miaka are very much in love with each other. Also, Nuriko loved to tease him and once kissed him. Not to mention Vitriolic Best Friend with Ho Yay hints to Tasuki.
- Nakago himself, as well. He's wanted by both The Dragon (a Depraved Homosexual Master of Illusion) AND The Dark Chick (Shock and Awe Dark Action Girl) of his group, and Miaka went all googly-eyed when she went to Kutou to check on Yui, meet up with him and saw his face for the first time (he was wearing a helmet that hid a good part of his face at the beginning), before she knew he was the enemy.
- Oh, *please*. Hotohori! He's got Nuriko *and* Lady Houki crazy for him, and not to mention one of the Mt. Reikaku bandits was still infatuated with Hotohori after the Gender Reveal that took in the arc.
- YuYu Hakusho: Kurama. He has a psychotic male stalker after him named Karasu.
- Black Butler—
- Sebastian Michaelis. Not only do Ciel's aunt and maid want him, so does a male shinigami. Yaoi Fangirls claim Ciel wants him too. Hell, in the anime, Sebastian takes this to a whole new extent: Even the DOG that sometimes takes on a human male form and an angel want him. Also, in chapter 39, Ciel hosts a party with a lot of rich and powerful people present. One guest is a writer named Arthur Conan Doyle. While the rest of the guests mingle and drink wine, Arthur goes and sits by himself, feeling left out. Sebastian comes up to him and offers him a drink. When Arthur looks up to thank him for the drink he is left speechless, blushes, and thinks "Wow....What beauty and ambiance he has. He could appear in a book by Oscar Wilde". And as Sebastian walks off, Arthur sees sparkles appear around him and stares after him in shock while blushing and thinking "I see, when you become top class, your servants are also top class..." Sebastian just has a natural seductive air about him and tends to attract girls and cause a lot of Ho Yay.
- Ciel has this issue a lot. He attracts perverted cultists. And stalkers (like Baron Kevlin). And demons who want his soul (like Sebastian and Claude). And possibly Alois when he tells Ciel that he wants him and that he'll kill all his loved ones unless he agrees to become his. And he's even been flirted with by Aleister Chamber and Lau. And Undertaker has considerable Ho Yay towards him as well like in chapter 64 when he expresses concern over how Sebastian seems to make Ciel miserable and states that he'll murder Sebastian so that Ciel can be happy again. He tends to be kidnapped and harassesed because of his good looks.
- Maurice Cole in the school arc of the manga is so handsome that he has plenty of fanboys.
- And Claude. Alois practically confesses to him in episode 8 and in episode 11 tells him "I wanted your love".
- Alois. He was able to effortlessly seduce Lord Trancy into having sex with him.
- Nodame Cantabile: Chiaki. Okuyama certainly wants him. Unfortunately for Okuyama, so does Nodame.
- Code Geass-
- Lelouch Lamperouge. Milly, Shirley, Kallen and Kaguya are head-over-heels in love with him. (As well as 108 other girls. And maybe C.C). And let's not even get into where Nunnally fits here...Then there's the love and psychotic devotion that Rolo has for him and very possibly Suzaku...
- In regards to Rolo his voice actor has absolutely no doubt that Rolo is in love with Lelouch, as he explicitly mentions in more than one of his interviews about the character.
- In one picture drama Suzaku tells a cross-dressing Lelouch that he "looks beautiful", eats a piece of rice off of his face in one audio drama and ends up kissing him in another audio drama. And in the Turn 9.34 picture drama when C.C., Kallen, and Lelouch dress up as belly dancers to sneak into the Chinese Federation. C.C. and Kallen introduce Lelouch as their "beautiful older sister" and the men ogle him. Of course, Lelouch has a masculine voice, so when he speaks, they realize that he's a guy. However, one of the men says he doesn't mind because he thinks Lelouch is "beautiful".
- We can't forget Suzaku either. He has Euphemia's love, Nunnally seems to have a small crush on him, was briefly engaged to Kaguya and had Foe Yay with Kallen. Then he had HEAPS of Foe Yay with Lelouch as well, and his friend Gino just loves to drape himself all over Suzaku's shoulders...
- Rai counts as well.
- As the lead character in Fist of the North Star, Kenshiro is so manly and badass that not only women want him (Yuria, Mamiya, Lin), Mr. Heart is all but gay for him too.
- Ritsuka. Soubi, Yuiko (one of Ritsuka's female classmates), and his older brother Seimei are all in love with him. It's also pretty Squicky because Seimei's love for Ritsuka falls very deeply into incest territory. It's also implied that his (much older) psychologist has a crush on him as she takes him out on a "date" in an early volume.
- Soubi as well.
- Kei/Megumi Yosikawa reluctantly filled this role in the The Day of Revolution and all bets are off after he Jumps The Gender Barrier and his (now her) True Companions are no longer subject to that particular inhibition. After Kei becomes Megumi it's poor Mikoto's turn in the barrel.
It's interesting to note that Kei/Megumi and Mikoto's similar experiences resisting unwanted male advances is what actually draws them together in the first place.
- Makoto from School Days gets his Chick Magnet status even more cranked Up to Eleven (and his worse traits are toned down, thank God) in the OAV. LOL, Taisuke!
- And Yuuki from Cross Days.
- Several males from Axis Powers Hetalia
- Italy, who has Germany wrapped around his finger and is hinted to have been groped by France. Also, in one strip France hints that he wants to engage in sex with Italy.
- Also, Prussia is shown to like Italy very much, considering him "cute" and going as far as to ask him on a date, only for Italy to be oblivious to his question (as he was fixated on Prussia's bird).
- Spain seems to like Italy very much as well.
- Austria, with his girlfriend/wife Hungary eagerly supporting it
- France invokes the trope several times by groping Austria and commenting on how attractive he finds him (and possibly Italy), but also by trying to do something to England when England was bedridden. Not to mention him commenting on how cute he finds China. Or commenting on how cute he finds Romano and that he wants him. Or groping and kissing Spain.
- America, in turn, has England very likely after him (even if he denies it), and two or three sketches have him swooned at by many girls.
- Russia's relationship with Lithuania, who is the only one who could make him happy. And there's Poland around, too...
- South Korea is very "affectionate" towards his brothers China and Japan... and he shows it by groping them.
- Russia has Ho Yay towards China as well, much to the latter's horror. Russia has been seen sitting with China at the Allies Forces meetings, stalking China in a panda suit, and defends China against France and England at one moment then prompts him to live with him the next.
- Japan is liked by both Greece and Turkey, spurning their rivalry even more, with Greece in the lead, especially after giving a "private lesson" to poor Japan.
- Russia also has something for Japan. Belarus refers to Japan as "the one Big Brother wants" and that he has said "I want him, I want him" in Russia's CD single mini-drama, and Russia says to Japan that "you're bottom" and "under my power".
- And China also has an obvious affection for Japan.
- Not to mention that Sweden considers Finland his "wife" and is gay for him.
- And Spain as well seeing as how France once groped him and kissed him and Romano is tsundere for him.
- Romano as well. Spain seems to like him a lot and France once called him cute and stated that he wants him.
- Kazuto ("Towa") Sakuma from Sensual Phrase. His androgynous good looks make not only women but also men swoon over him. He is... not amused.
- Miller from Kaguya Hime even when they don't mistake him for a girl.
- Souma Saiki from Sakura Gari. He sleeps around a lot with both men and women, and due to his gorgeous looks, its mentioned that they all become extremely possessive of him when he tries to get them to leave him alone. Some of them even try to Murder the Hypotenuse in the hopes of having Souma for themselves. And yes, he got this kind of attention during his childhood as well.
- You can't forget Masataka who has Souma himself lusting after him.
- Thor from Jyu-Oh-Sei.
Zabi: You're beautiful...Such a rare sight in such an ugly world.
Thor: Beautiful? Don't you usually say things like that to girls?
- Prince in the manwha 1/2 Prince. The female main character is the only female who plays as a male named Prince in a hugely popular online game. The gay guy in her party, who's her university lecturer IRL, is infatuated with her Bishōnen character. Also, Prince acquires a large Unwanted Harem of both male and female admirers.
- Dr. Naoki Irie from Itazurana Kiss. The flamboyant Motoki is constantly lusting after him.
- Kyou Kara Maou—
- Yuuri. Half the cast (Wolfram especially) is head over heels for him.
- Saralegui is so Bishōnen that even Yuuri seems to have a crush on him.
- Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu—
- Akihisa Yoshi has five people that like him, including another guy and his sister.
- And then there's Hideyoshi Kinoshita. Should note there are subtle hints in the novel that Hideoyoshi might have a small crush on Yoshi too.
- Memori from Game X Rush. Played for comedy, when the judo team ("Can I call you 'Big Brother'?!"), the G-ing bodyguards, and the male kids at the elementary school become big fans of Memori.
- In Kaze to Ki no Uta it seems like almost every male character has or would be willing to have sex with Gilbert.
- Naruse Fuuta of Kawaii Akuma. He's so pretty and cute that everyone in his school, guys and girls alike, frequently comment on his beauty, fawn over him, wait on him hand and foot, act incredibly protective of him, and get jealous if he spends too much time with his boyfriend, Akiyoshi. Akiyoshi himself also counts as Naruse is obsessively and unhealthily in love with him, and he also had a fellow classmate try to jump him while his back was turned and a straight guy mentioned he wouldn't mind kissing Akiyoshi since he's so cute without his glasses.
- Ayase of Okane Ga Nai is an extreme case where 95% of the straight guys he meets will either fall in love with him or simply want to have sex with him. This was lampshaded in an omake at the end of Chapter 39, where the auto mechanic thinks about how both President Kanou and his employee Kuba seem to be in love with Ayase but claim they're not gay. He then looks at his employees who are all drooling over Ayase, and concludes that Ayase-fever must be contagious.
** Ironically, the only men who aren't interested in Ayase at all are the gay guys. Who are interested in Kanou. Which makes sense, actually: Ayase is attractive to females because he's a Bishounen and attractive to straight males because he's delicate and pretty and adorable., while Kanou is attractive to the gay males (also females) because he's, like, crazy-uber-masculine , which fits in the Bara Genre stereotupe that Japanese gay men are more fond of.
- Masashi of Onii-chan to Issho. Mizusawa falls for a crossdressing Masashi and calls him "Boss Lady". This does not desist even when Masashi is dressed in masculine clothing. In general, most men who do not realize Masashi's true gender are attracted to him. Additionally, from Tsuyoshi's point of view, this trope also applies to Rin, his Unlucky Childhood Friend.
- Alviss of MÄR. "Man, Alviss-dono is popular among both men and women!", as stated by Edward during episode 88's Mär Heaven Network. Also, his enemy Phantom attempts to kiss him twice, brainwashes him and keeps him chained to his throne, and Alviss was practically molested by him.
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn!—
- Ryohei has had Lussuria go into fanboy mode over his muscular physique, declare that he's just his type, and promptly decide to take him home and make him a part of his "collection".
- Tsuna. Gokudera's, Yamamoto's, and Mukuro's actions around him certainly says much. Gokudera, in particular is his hardcore fanboy.
- Also, Xanxus views everyone as trash but has something for the one who defeated him aka Tsuna.
- Tsuna's former rivals and enemies have become quite affectionate and friendly to him since being defeated by him.
- Mukuro too. Ken and Chikusa's really like him.
- Dino as well. Tsuna really likes him and looks up to him and in chapter 364 when Dino introduces himself as Tsuna's new English teacher we get a reaction shot of the class with the girls and one boy blushing here.
- In the first episode of Death Note, a surprising number of men seem to be checking out Light. At each crossing he stops at, someone is giving him a sideways glance. And then there's his slightly too agog teacher when he listens to Light translate some lines to Japanese.
- Let's see, you've got like every background character in episode 1, Ryuk follows him around everywhere, Raye Penber The Stalker, L and his weird obsession and surveillance cameras, Misa showing up on his door step, Takada directly asking him out, Matsuda and Mikami the Fanboys, and Near with his creepy smiles and he keeps calling and hanging up... Kira is a wanted man.
- Kyo Sogoru of Zegapain. He has a Straight Gay character named Lu Sheng who loves him and possibly also Tomigai since he was willing to give his Sacred First Kiss to Kyo while filming a love scene for a movie Ryoko was making.
- Kou Ichinomiya from Arakawa Under the Bridge. Takai, who's Straight Gay, is very crazy for him.
- Minamoto from Zettai Karen Children. Kyosuke certainly wants him and Sakaki does too.
- Maid-Sama!: Usui in the anime adaptation. Can't blame them. Even straight guys in Real Life want to kiss him!
- The Tower of Druaga: Utu. When Jil first sees him without his helmet on, he blushes and says he didn't think Utu would be that good looking.
- Shukufuku no Campanella: Leicester. Even Golem blushes around him.
- Pandora Hearts: Both Oz and Gil apply. Gil is heavily implied to be in love with Oz, and Break sometimes engages in some playful flirting with Oz as well. Also, Vincent is a Crazy Jealous Guy for Gil and Break likes to flirt with Gil too.
- Yuki of Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru. Almost everyone in the cast absolutely adores and loves him, including the main villain.
- Otonashi from Angel Beats!. Naoi is obsessed in a Ho Yay-riffic kind of way with him and is his hardcore fanboy. Hinata has his fair share of moments where he seems interested in Otonashi, though he denies being gay. Igarashi, the guy who helped Otonashi take care of the train crash survivors, shows some of this, too.
- Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion. Played straight, subverted, or both at once, depending on how you look at it. His interactions with Kaworu fall very deeply into Ho Yay territory, but end very messily. None of his relationships with the other characters turn out well either, due to his insecurities and everyone else's unique psychological issues.
- On the other hand, Ryoji Kaji jokingly(?) flirts with him in Rebuild 2.0 — and, in Ikari Shinji Raising Project, Shinji gets unwanted attention from both Kaworu and Gendo.
- There's a deleted/alternate scene on the 2.22 DVD where Kaji is introduced in a tram car, which ends with him suddenly saying "I love you" to Shinji before ducking out.
- And Kaworu himself as well, as Shinji appears to be If It's You, It's Okay towards him.
- Rebuild 3.33 expands on the relationship between Shinji and Kaworu much more than in NGE. In fact, they spend half the entire movie just elaborating on this, mostly because Kaworu was actually a surprisingly popular character, despite being an Angel. He's also the only person who manages to make Shinji smile at all in 3.33, referencing his famous line from 2.22, "I'll make you happy this time, Shinji-kun".
- Asuka is regarded as "the kind of guy other men fall in love with" by members of his kendo club. When he's rumored to move to America he even gets a group of guys confessing their love for him.
- And then there's Juuta who doesn't even hide the fact that he finds Asuka very charming, calls him Asuka-chan, tends to lose his sense of personal space around him, and even flirts with him a few times.
- Shungo from Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun. In episode three, he has groups of Macho Camp guys fawning over him and trying to come on to him. Also, Mayu's older brother Mikihiro has Ho Yay towards Shungo. He often goes out of his way to playfully tease him by getting in his face (literally), cornering him when no one's around, holding him close to his body so he can't get away when dragging him off to train, and even stalking him.
- Tesshou from Wild Life. Professor Ryoto constantly hits on him.
- Cain from Count Cain. Oscar is in love with him.
- Kakashi from Naruto. In one filler scene, a ramen waitress and her father blush and get all googly-eyed upon seeing Kakashi's handsome face.
- Zabuza. Haku very, very clearly states that he loves Zabuza in the same way that Naruto does to Sakura.
- Naruto in fandom view. It's joked that he's a Seme magnet.
- Tooru, Yuujiro, and Mikoto from Princess Princess. Basically the whole plot involves the three girly-looking men in an all-boys high school dressing up as "Princesses" in Gothic-Loli clothing in order to be fawned over and adored by the general student population. They also have a tendency to be hit on by guys even when they're not in "Princess" clothing and Yuujiro himself seems to have considerable Ho Yay towards Tooru.
- Akira from the Togainu no Chi anime/manga and game is definitely a dude magnet. Keisuke is not so subtly in love with him and follows him around like a devoted puppy, Rin regularly comments on his looks, insinuates wanting to have sex with him, and acts all clingy around him, Shiki and other guys love to invade his personal space a lot and comment on his looks, and Arbitro has an "interest" in him.
- Kaname from Vampire Knight has this "problem". He already has Yuki, Ruka, Sara, and countless screaming Day Class girls who want him. Not to mention all those Nobles practically shoving their daughters at him at the Aido family's soiree`. But on top of all this he has a very one-sided bromance with Hanabusa, and if you look closely there's a guy in line to give him chocolates in the Valentines Day chapter. And then there's Ichijou's loyalty and concern for Kaname brought to new and interesting heights as of the latest chapter if his conversation with Yuuki is anything to go by.
- Kanata from Oto x Maho. Everyone wants him, be they male, female, straight, gay, you name it, they want him.
- Monochrome Factor—
- Akira has Kengo who's attracted to him, Shirogane who's in love with him, and Haruka who's blushed around him and is hinted to like him.
- And Haruka as well as Kou loves to flirt with him.
- Daisuke from D.N.Angel. He's subject to some major Ho Yay whenever Satoshi and Keiji are around, and he also gets some Ho Yay with Dark and Rokuto. In the anime, it is hinted that Satoshi may have romantic feelings for Daisuke. When this is brought up, he doesn't openly confess to anything, though he never denies the accusations either. If anything, he encourages the idea, which has led to the source of much confusion regarding his motives. It has even been stated outright by Dark that Daisuke is the one who causes Satoshi to turn into Krad. Krad himself has also hinted at Satoshi possibly wanting more than a friendship from Daisuke at least once in the anime, and more than twice in the manga.
- Takara from Moe Kare. The entire school seems to love him regardless of gender or age.
- Psyren: Ageha Yoshina. Oboro likes him a lot.
- Kamui from X1999. Sorata Arisugawa gets pretty flirty with him in the early chapters of the manga and Fuma and Keiichi have Ho Yay towards him. Fuma too as Kamui has mutual Ho Yay towards him as well. And while Subaru has a Big Brother Mentor approach to him, they don't exactly escape the Ho Yay either.
- Seishirou, too. Not only Subaru still struggles with his feelings for him after their bloody history, but he and Fuma got along scaringly well when they met.
- Takuto Tsunashi from Star Driver.
- Teito Klein of 07-Ghost. Mikage once told him he loved him, Ayanami has Foe Yay towards him, and Frau and Hakuren have Ho Yay towards him.
- Natsume Yuujinchou: In the manga, Natori's horde of squeeing fangirls includes Nishimura.◊
- Natsume himself becomes this in an episode of season one when he is possessed by an elegant female youkai and gives off a feminine aura. All of his male friends from school start blushing around him and appear very disturbed.
- Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru has Minoru who is lusted after and almost raped by Pedro a Brazilian martial artist.
- Shido from Nightwalker. Cain has kissed him, said that he loves him, and stalks him.
- Haru wo Daiteita: Iwaki gets this constantly by both men who are essentially straight, and by gay men. This, of course, causes Katou to be very paranoid about every guy he meets, and sends him into Crazy Jealous Guy mode more than once (although admittedly he gets a lot better as time goes on).
- Naru Taru: Takeo Tsurumaru. Norio is secretly in love with him.
- Karakurizoushi Ayatsuri Sakon: Sakon. He melts the girls around him and he seems to be a little bit aware of this fact but he is too shy to do something about. His friend Fujita says that "Although I'm a guy, I think he is hot stuff".
- Barajou no Kiss: Tenjou is shown having a horde of adoring fans of both genders. His vice president is rather, ah, devoted.
- Blood+: In the novels Kai muses to himself that even guys like him wouldn't be able to deny how attractive Haji is.
- Clover: Kazuhiko. Barus is especially fond of him, and likes to call him his "prince". And, uh, snuggle with his severed hand at night.
- Kuranosuke from Kuragehime.
- Kaoru of ...Virgin Love is frequently mistaken for a model, turns heads wherever he goes, and even his lover is a former ladykiller who was more than willing to make an exception based on his looks.
- Shuichi Shindou. He and Yuki are lovers, Hiro seems to be willing to make an exception for him, and it was revealed in the sequel series that Ryuichi has the hots for him as well.
- Ryuichi and Yuki themselves, too. Tatsuha and Touma, anyone?
- No6: Nezumi, when the two mooks wanted "payment" from him after he kisses the prostitute. Also implied by Rikiga when he offers Nezumi a job as a gigilo. Also, Sion has mutual Homoerotic Subtext with him and kisses him on the lips. And he sometimes uses his sex appeal to charm other guys into doing things for him. In chapter 14 a male top No 6 official also hits on him.
- And not to mention Sion who is the target of mutual Homoerotic Subtext with Nezumi and is even kissed by him. Also, in chapter 6 a random guy comes up to Sion and hits on him saying "You're very pretty like a doll."
- Rosario + Vampire: Subverted with Fong-Fong, who was actually trying to recruit Tsukune into the Chinese Mafia. That said, Fong-Fong still has his moments, such as the second panel here.
- Shin from Nana.
- Ranmarou from Ikoku Irokoi Romantan. Even Gondou, who is straight and in love with Kaouru, is tempted by him.
- Riki from Ai no Kusabi. He's got both Iason and Guy crazy for him. Also, the novel explains that a lot of men out there want Riki. Even the guys of his gang.
- Florian from Gorgeous Carat. It's the eyes.
- Both Mochizuki and Honma of Boku No Sexual Harassment.
- Dee and Ryo from FAKE. Jemmy and Berkeley anyone? Not to mention that Dee and Ryo are a couple.
- Takahashi Misaki from Junjou Romantica. Usagi, Haruhiko, and Ijuuin have passionate feelings for Misaki.
- Ranmaru from Kizuna. Repeatedly, to the point where even his kendo club members tend to have a thing for him. Even guys trying to kill him seem to have enough time to remark on how hot he is. Although really, it's not like you could blame them.
- Mira from Papa To Kiss In The Dark.
- Sora from Sukisho. Sunao and Hiromu Sakura are in love with him and Minato has attempted to have sex with him. Sunao too. He has Sora as a lover and many guys have flirted with him or commented on how attractive he is. And Nagase Kai, as Gaku Ichikawa is in love with him and Kai Nanami has Shinichirou as a lover and has had Soushi come on to him.
- Takuto Izumi from Zetsuai 1989. Kouji, despite being a womanizer, was more than willing to make an exception for him.
- Takanari from Shinshi Doumei Cross. Maguri has a completely obvious and unabashed crush on him.
- Possibly Kyon of Suzumiya Haruhi. There's a meme going around that everyone is Itsuki for Kyon.
- Sen and Swordfish from the yaoi manga Under Grand Hotel. Sen has Swordfish in love with him and has had numerous guys try to rape him, and Swordfish has Sen and Norman in love with him.
- Tokidoki "Toki" Rikugou of Amatsuki. Kurotobi constantly hits on Toki, calls him cute and touches him a lot.
- Negi from Mahou Sensei Negima! is a major Chick Magnet and Memetic Sex God already, but in this chapter is appears that he has his arch-rival Fate as a possible love interest pining for his affections. The end of the chapter even reads that the strongest love (?) rival appears. So yup, he counts, and we're damn shocked it took this long.
- Hiroshi Kuzumi from Ookami Kakushi. Just ask Issei who stalks and tries to molest Hiroshi a few times.
- Makoto Fujitani from Karin. Lots of guys seem enamored with him because of his beautiful looks and have frequently tried to jump him.
- Keita of Gakuen Heaven.
- Antique Bakery: Ono has a reputation as a "Gay of Demonic Charm," and has been fired multiple times for (sometimes accidentally) charming his straight coworkers and bosses.
- Kinjiro from Airmaster. One guy (Nagato) says he wants to have his babies and asks him for a kiss which he reluctantly gives to take the pain of an injury away.
- Hei of Darker Than Black is a major Chick Magnet. Also, in the second season, Genma declares his love for him.
- Osanai of Paprika. Himuro, seems to have fetishized Osanai, since we briefly see dirty magazines in his apartment with a younger Osanai on the cover, and his dreamscape features a towering statue of Osanai as a Greek god.
- The titular character of Kunisaki Izumo No Jijou often attracts unwanted attention from guys due to his looks. Being a natural in playing as an onnagatanote in kabuki does not help either (at least in his opinion).
- Breakfast Club: Akira.
- Vassalord: Pretty much everyone who comes across Rayflo wants to sleep with him.
- Get Backers has Kazuki. Also, there's Ban. Takuma Fudou has a one-sided homoerotic obsession with him.
- In InuYasha, Inuyasha found himself on the receiving end of Jakotsu's attentions who was quite determined to show Inuyasha the affection he always gives to his favourites... which involves death and carved ears. Jakotsu did also admit that he found Miroku and Sesshoumaru very attractive as well... but his heart was now loyal to Inuyasha.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has Kamina, Simon, Viral, and Rossiu. Leeron openly flirts with all of them at one point or another. Also, Simon and Kamina have loads of male fans in real life that have man crushes on them due to how Badass they are.
- Brief from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. Unfortunately for him, he is usually the object of bondage-obsessed Garterbelt's affections.
- Okiura from Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho. In the manga, he ends up attracting a Straight Gay character.
- George from Paradise Kiss.
- Rurouni Kenshin: Seijiro Hiko, full stop. Also, Kenshin (to an extent).
- Shou of Angels Feather.
- Vash of Trigun. His brother Knives has a very twisted love for him and Legato seems to be hitting on him at one point. Knives as well as Legato has a twisted love for him.
- Kare Kano: Arima Soichiro has the power to inspire blushes and dreamy feelings in any male he sees.
- Ranma ½: During the Koi Rod arc Ranma (in both his male and female forms) falls in love with Ryoga due to being hit with the fishing rod of love, causing much fan rejoice from the shippers.
- Gon of Hunter × Hunter. Killua has considerable Ho Yay towards him and Hisoka clearly has the hots for him.
- Ludwig of Ludwig Revolution. Very much canon with Julius's interest in Ludwig.
- Ichigo Kurosaki of Bleach. He's very much a Chick Magnet and Muramasa from the anime said he was "infatuated" with Ichigo, and he also has received Ho Yay / Foe Yay from more than one male.
- Ukitake. Oh boy, Ukitake. Despite never using his looks to his advantage (being a nice guy), he still has both women and men fussing over him in equal measure. One fainting spell on the beach has everyone instantly hovering anxiously around him. His subordinates dote upon him (Kiyone is madly in love with him, and we can't blame her) and even the other captains are quite taken with him. There's Kyouraku (who he's effectively got wrapped around his little finger) calling him "iro otoko" which means "lover, lady-killer, sexy guy" (make of that what you will), Sui-Feng (of all people!) pinning him to a tree with daggers and cutting his haori and kimono jacket to shreds while his 3rd seat took photos, and Amagai jumping him. It was the sake, sure. (Suuuuuure).
- Byakuya Kuchiki has made Renji blush on occasions, and is a voted most attractive with the Women's Association. Not to mention the Foe Yay with Ichigo and Renji.
- Played straight in Doushitemo Furetakunai: The main character captures the attention of several 'straight guys' during the story.
- Magic Knight Rayearth: Zagato. Innouva (male) is in love with him and so is Alcyone (female).
- Jonathan of Legend of the Blue Wolves has two guys after him, namely Captain Continental and Leonard.
- Busou Renkin: Kazuki. Tokiko eventually falls in love with him and decides to stay at his side, and it's very obvious that Papillon is obsessed with him as well.
- Persona 4: The Animation has Yu Narukami aka the Main Character. During Episode 19, Yosuke apparently has very confusing feelings for him during the group date.
- Phi Brain Puzzle Of God: Kaito. Very, very blatant with Rook and Cubic's interest in him.
- Battle Spirits: J.
- Saizo of Brave 10. Kamanosuke certainly wants him as do a lot of girls.
- Yukimura as well. Just ask Rokuro.
- Kurama of Kamisama Kiss. In-universe. He also has lots of male fans.
- Ko Kijin in Saiunkoku Monogatari is so beautiful that when he took the examination to qualify for government office, his looks distracted the other candidates so much that only he and two other people - both friends of his who were already accustomed to his beauty - were able to pass the exams, and thirty officials had to be fired for forgetting to ring the bell to signal the end of the exam period. He eventually took to wearing a mask constantly in order to hide his face, and even the threat of having him take off his mask during court is enough to cause chaos; when he actually takes it off, it entrances anyone who looks at him and sends several men into hysterics.
- Mizutama from Pump Up has a pretty big male following due to his feminine looks.
- Inugami of Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest is lusted after by Haguro and Ryuuko after they learn of his werewolf form. Local Hot Teacher Aoshika develops a crush on him as well.
- Mawaru-Penguindrum: The seventh audio drama reveals that Shouma's friend Yamashita has a crush on him.
- Corsair: Canale, the resident blind Long-Haired Pretty Boy, gets raped/attempted raped fairly consistently from the age of seven upwards and his brother has an unwanted lust for him as well as Ayace being in love with him.
- Seimaden: Laures is hit by this so very much. Tetius, Count Berk, and Count Marion all want him due to his beauty and strength.
- Love Pistols: Half of the cast really. Played for humor in Norio's case, since it scares the hell out of him when his Smells Sexy pheromones suddenly kick in.
- Lotte no Omocha: Naoya. When in a dress, he was ogled by the men in the Queen's harem and Kilik, and in normal clothes, by Griselda's mentor and adopted father, Atori (unknown to poor Griselda).
- Hana No Mizo Shiru: Misaki. Kind of a given, since it's a Boys Love manga, but in addition to Arikawa and Kawabata, it's also generally said around school that his feminine looks attract men (and that he was sexually harassed by a male upperclassman one year).
- A Cruel God Reigns: Ian, although it is often played for laughs. This also applies to Jeremy several times.
- Kirito of Sword Art Online: Almost every girl Kirito meets seems to fall for him, and it's also heavily implied that Klein, a male character, has a thing for Kirito.
- The Ping Pong Club: Yusuke to the point that when in drag his classmates declare him more beautiful than any woman.
- One Piece: During the Dressrosa arc, when "White Horse" Cavendish, the "Prince Pirate" and captain of the Beautiful Pirates is introduced, several women faint from his mere appearance. He also attracts quite a few admiring looks and comments from the men (who all happen to be rough and tough gladiators), too.
- Unrepentant Mad Scientist bastard he may be, even the most vehement of Huey Laforet's detractors in Baccano! will openly admit he's a damn pretty man. One of Victor's many complaints about Huey is that, along with being a crazy, dangerous, and morally bankrupt genius who will do anything For Science!, he's also "too goddamn handsome for [his] own good."
- Ayumu Mikoshiba from Otasuke Miko Miko-chan by virtue of his extremely attractive, effeminate looks. Amplified when he cross-dresses.
- Sitri in Makai Ouji, whose Instant Fan Club at school consists of over 200 members. At the all-boy Boarding School he attends, he's the closest thing to a girl.
- Aoi from Aoi Destruction is constantly being hit on by men and has a legion of lovestruck boys. He's nearly forty but looks like a middle school girl.
- Of a similar nature, in Gunsmith Cats, Bean manages to get a proclamation of sexual/romantic interest from Misty Brown, an out and open lesbian who otherwise spends most of the series pursuing Rally (herself a currently celibate lesbian) and ends up as the lover of Psycho Lesbian Goldie. Admittedly, this did happen after he took a bullet to save her.
- In High School DXD, Issei Hyoudou starts to attract male admirers, which greatly annoys and embarrasses him since he's straight and worries that this will ruin his chances of attracting women.
- Check out the Marvel Star Wars comics. In one issue, there's a species, the Zeltrons, who are attracted to Force-sensitives. So when Luke Skywalker is on Zeltros, he naturally gets a legion of fangirls. And one fanboy◊.
- Gambit is very much this. He can even charm men. For a while one of Remy's powers was hypnotic charm, which let him try swaying any sentient being of any gender to his side but that has been changed. This "power" is no longer mentioned, and it's heavily implied that he is just that charming.
- Longshot in Ultimate X-Men charms a (later proved) gay Colossus & in X-Factor Detective Lieutenant Weiss is clearly smitten and insists on being called by his first name...Leslie.
- Akihiko/Daken in Marvel Comics. Again, justified due to the guy's powers: he has pheromone-related ones that allow him to alter emotions and perceptions in other people, thus making females and males want him. And even more: Daken himself is a Depraved Bisexual. So yeah.
- It is notable that Daken's appeal is exclusively a function of his pheromones, rather than any kind of general attractiveness. Hulkling of the Young Avengers, despite being gay, is entirely unaffected because he is not a human. He is also fully aware that Daken is trying to influence him with his pheromone powers.
- Daken's flirtatious attempt to win over Gambit also fails, perhaps because Gambit's Seduction-Fu is stronger than his.
- Tony Stark. Even the male supervillains want him. (Hell, the first Crimson Dynamo defected and then died for him.) Here, have a (terrifying) canon example:
- Even his armour fell in love with him.
- Wallace Wells, Just Wallace Wells...
- For obvious reasons, nearly every guy in the Marvel universe is gay for Captain America. Especially Spider-Man, Iron Man and Deadpool.
- Batman, if The Joker's Foe Yay towards him is any indication. Harley & Ivy both think that the Joker only has eyes for Batman and the Joker has often professed affection towards Batman (complete with moments of desperate attention-needing). In the macabre Arkham Asylum, which is a canon Batman comic, Joker slaps Batman on the butt and continually hits on him throughout the comic. The pages are lined with homoerotic content and an unnatural level of sexual tension.
- Bruce's childhood friend turned villain Thomas Elliot who became Hush. He seems to obsessively stalk Bruce and even got plastic surgery to look like Bruce. Some of his lines exemplify the Foe Yay even more:
Hush: But never fear, Bruce.
Hush: I won't desert you before the final curtain.
Hush: I'm staying here to watch as the heartbeats slow and end.
- Nightwing is probably even a more obvious example than his father figure Batman. Even without the most recent example where Midnighter correctly identifies him solely by his ass alone, there have been years of throwaway lines from Dick's male Teen Titans teammates, male Bat allies, and male nemeses commenting on his looks (not to mention a line of dark, broody Batman expats who have repeatedly stated their intentions to make him their "partner", whatever that entails). Out-of-universe, we have Batman writers and DC editors admitting to Dick Grayson's intolerable hotness.
- Spider-Man. His enemy Chameleon once told him he loves him, right before jumping off a bridge. Also, Electro visits a shape-shifting prostitute in the Marvel Knights series, and it's strongly implied he wants her to transform into Spider-Man for him.
- Naruto and Sasuke get this in slash fics sometimes when paired with each other or with other guys. "The Taste Of Your Lips" is an example of other guys wanting Sasuke and Sasuke in turn wanting Naruto.
- As only a sophomore in high school, Jean-Paul (Northstar) is this in X-Men fanfic Mutatis Mutandis by Artemis's Liege, catching the eye of two upperclassmen and apparently initiating an affair with his combat instructor Wolverine, all seemingly straight.
- In Stallions Of Harmony, Shining Armor's former roommate is asked if he is gay. The roommate's response: "I wish."
- Also Twilight mentions that Shining always said the guys sent him fake love letters. Since Shining Armor is Oblivious to Love in this universe, those letters were probably sincere, including the ones that were not written by mares...
- Pete Holmes has a bit about how he would gladly give Ryan Gosling a blowjob.
- Velvet Goldmine: In addition to his wife and devoted female assistant, Brian Slade / Maxwell Demon insinuates his way into the hearts (and in some cases beds) of his manager Cecil, fellow rocker Curt, groupie-wannabe Arthur, and briefly his stylistic progenitor Jack Fairy. He breaks them all. Jonathan Rhys Meyers was once named the "Hottest Straight Guy We Wish Was Gay" by OUT Magazine.
- Dorian in the 2009 version of The Picture of Dorian Gray. There is literally no-one who can't be persuaded to screw him, regardless of gender. And age. And flight instinct. (You halfway expect James Vane to give it a go.)
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Everyone Is Bi for Dr. Frank N Furter.
- Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. He charms both guys and girls alike, not to mention the amount of fans he has. He is portrayed by Johnny Depp.
- From one particularly memorable IMDB review:
"I am nearly fifty years old. A sober grown man. With children. Children with whom I have now sat through hundreds of movies. [...] And that Depp fellow. My God. I never had any idea who he was, but his name sounded like something created for a pubescent cover-boy for magazines published to hook thirteen year-old girls on make-up and bad music. Wasn't Depp the name of some hair-goo product back in the 60s? I am a straight male. I have several good friends who are gay, but have never fantasized about any gender but the female. But now I understand how women can experience swooning crushes on male film stars. He is simply extraordinary. So sly, so seductive, so canny! I read an interview in which Depp said he went through a slight depression when he had to stop playing Captain Jack Sparrow. I can see why. His inventiveness and sheer pleasure in inhabiting the character come through in every frame. How can I admit to my children that I now troll through fan websites about a former teen heart-throb?"
- Brad Pitt as Achilles in Troy: in-universe example. (Of course, the Greeks were known for being a very gay-friendly society — see Mythology below.)
- Camp: When Vlad enters his room to unpack, he is totally oblivious to the fact that everyone is fixated with him. "Everyone" would be four guys and a girl. After watching while Vlad unpacks his stuff, to try and determine whether he's straight or gay, the girl comes up with the following idea:
Ellen: Thirty foot rule?
Spitzer: What's that?
Ellen: Means Michael has to stay thirty feet away from him until we find out if he's straight or gay.
- Of course, Michael doesn't stay away and we end up with a really weird love triangle and then some...
- Louis Renault's description of Rick Blaine in Casablanca: "If I were a lady, and I were not around, I should be in love with Rick."
- Just about every male OR female with more than two minutes of screen time gets at least some Ho Yay, Foe Yay, or plain ol' straight Ship Tease with Rick.
- Didier from Son of Rambow is just that hot, enough to have a faithful posse of boys as well as girls.
- David Bowie's character Jack Celliers in the film Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence has this effect on the Japanese POW commandant Captain Yonoi, due to his evident heroic qualities and respectable integrity. The entire plot of the movie is actually driven by this instance of distanced man-love.
- In the film Fight Club, the protagonist clearly has conflicting feelings about "Blondie", the extremely attractive young Space Monkey. In one scene, in his Brad Pitt persona, he kisses Blondie on the mouth, accompanied by a voice-over line about jealousy. Later, as Edward Norton, he beats Blondie to a pulp, remarking, "I felt like destroying something beautiful."
- Just for the record, this super-dooper-pretty Space Monkey was called Angel Face and he was portrayed by Jared friggin' Leto.
- Everybody wants Gong-gil. Unfortunately.
- Blades of Glory "You mean the blonde chick's a dude? Aw man..."
- The Graverobber from Repo! The Genetic Opera definitely qualifies as this, there is even one recorded case of someone turning bi because of him.
- Jimmy in Cursed. Bo the wrestler comes out of the closet to Jimmy because he has a crush on him due to his "unnatural sexual allure".
- Ron Burgundy in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy has Champ wrapped around his finger. In one scene Champ says the following to Ron:
Champ Kind: The bottom line is you've been spending a lot of time with this lady, Ron. You're a member of the Channel Four News Team.
Ron Burgundy: That's a given.
Champ Kind: We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without you. I miss you so damn much! I miss being with you. I miss being *near* you. I miss your laugh!
[laugh's playfully and pulls on Ron's sleeve]
Champ Kind: I miss your scent.
[Composes himself, becomes serious]
Champ Kind: I miss your musk... When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together!
Brian Fantana: Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.
- This was carried much further in the original cut of the film (and can now be seen in Wake Up Ron Burgundy)
- Mullet Fingers in the film version of Hoot. Roy Eberhardt seems to have a borderline-homosexual fixation with Mullet Fingers, despite the story making it quite clear he is straight. Roger Ebert went so far as to invoke Brokeback Mountain when calling the film out on this.
- Jeffrey Beaumont of Blue Velvet. Frank Booth is a Depraved Bisexual who takes the hero out, covers his mouth with lipstick and kisses him while calling him pretty (the original, four hours long, script also implied pretty heavily that he raped him). And after all that, when he's chasing him to the woman's apartment, he threatens him with rape again and is still calling him pretty.
- Cillian Murphy of The Dark Knight Saga. Example being when the director of Batman Begins tried to find excuses for him to take off his glasses so there could be more screentime for his baby blues.
- From the ostensibly straight reviewer at Ruthless Reviews:
"I listed Murphy last cause I simply have to mention that this guy is too good looking. Look, Christian Bale is a handsome dude, but Murphy (who plays Scarecrow) is fucking gorgeous. I was getting lost in his dreamy eyes, man. Like Holmes, Murphy was way too young for his supposed profession (in this case a psychiatrist); unlike Holmes, he was so good looking that I bought it."
- Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle: At least two guys show some attraction to Kumar in the first film; an old man in the hospital tries to hold his hand, and one of the medics is obviously infatuated.
- 10 Things I Hate About You director Gil Junger, after Heath Ledger finished the reading and left, declared that if he had to have sex with a man, that Ledger would be that man.
- In Another Cinderella Story, Joey Parker sets up a booth to find the masked girl he met at the dance. A few boys get in the line.
- Scott Nash in Where the Boys Are '84 which is about four college coeds going to Ft. Lauderdale during spring break to sow their wild oats (as described in more detail by Movie Lovers Review) . This was film was produced by Allan Carr who was openly gay, the screenplay was written by Stu Krieger and Jeff Burkhart and directed by Hy Averback. Carr personally fleshed out the backgrounds with personally inspected buff boys. Glendon Swarthout's official website says that it almost became "the first gay beach picture".
- The screenplay for Beach Babes 2: Cave Girl Island was written by Mark Michelini and was directed by former gay porn star David DeCoteau. The 3 male costars play primitive stud muffins who wear only loincloths. One of them, Rock, is played by Stephan Galio, who is also a Playgirl centerfold. Sola (Tina Hollimon) says about Rock, "You know, for a primitive, he's got a great ass!"
- Exit to Eden: There are many male and female fans of Paul Mercurio who like seeing his bare butt during the control scene.
- Mac in Neighbors, upon seeing Teddy for the first time, says that Teddy is the sexiest guy he's ever seen.
- X-Men: First Class:
- Even though they've only known each other for a couple of days, the oh-so serious Erik Lehnsherr feels comfortable enough around the charming Dr. Charles Xavier that he calls the telepath "adorable" when the latter tries the Cerebro machine for the first time. In the entire X-Men movie franchise, the dour Magneto never teases another male character for his cuteness, which goes to show how unique his affection for Professor X is.
- In this deleted scene, Charles projects an image of Erik wearing make-up, with a ginger wig, dressed in a sparkly blue miniskirt, fishnet stockings and go-go boots. When Erik wonders why Angel is giggling, Charles' response is a cheeky, "You've never looked more beautiful, darling."
- Thomas of The Dresden Files is a supernaturally-sexy White Court Vampire, and this is a good thing in his usual circles but causes problems when he must walk among Muggles. When he brought up how hard holding down a job was given what happened to women when they got around him, Dresden says something to the effect of "At least it was a woman that time." An apparently straight male character once said of him (when believing him to be Dresden's lover) "it's okay, even I notice how good he looks."
- Hikaru Genji from Tale of Genji was known to inspire men to weep from his beauty. Of course, Everyone Was Bi back in the Heian era, so it wasn't as much of a big deal.
- Not just Genji; a lot of the beautiful men in that story spend a lot of time surreptitiously admiring each other and thinking "Man, if he were a woman, I'd totally do him... You know what, maybe I'd do him anyway."
- Dorian Gray from The Picture of Dorian Gray. Considering it was written by Oscar Wilde, what can you expect?
- A very dark example occurs with Acheron in the Dark Hunter series- since everyone wants him, the guys do too. This often ended badly for him, especially as a child.
- FitzChivalry Farseer turned into one during his second trilogy.
- Raziel of Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. Ave. the decidedly straight male protagonist who hates the angel's guts admits that he's probably the prettiest thing he's ever seen.
- D from the Vampire Hunter D novels is regularly described being so jaw-droppingly beautiful that he entrances all women and even makes men stare. He's described this way so damn often it actually gets downright irritating.
- Read any scene that contains Nightwing in a Batman novel by Devin Grayson. The textual mooning over D's beauty, grace, and attractiveness will look positively restrained.
- Dustfinger. Men, women, animals, fairy-tale creatures, fire, DEATH. Quite impressive for an excellent fire-eater and a run-of-the-mill Loveable Rogue.
- Francis Crawford of Lymond in Dorothy Dunnett's Lymond Chronicles. His male lackeys always seem to fall in love with him, even his sister wants him, and in one book he screws half the French court.
- In the first book, even the prosecutor at Lymond's trial says if he were ten years younger and a girl, he'd woo Lymond.
- Mentioned in the official bio (fourth paragraph) of the Doctor Who Expanded Universe's Fitz Kreiner, despite the fact it's never really brought up in. the text. He's a bit of a Ho Yay magnet, but he's never treated as any sort of Stupid Sexy Flanders and no one ever seems to remark upon his quietly intense charms.
- Daemon, from the Black Jewels series, manages to use this, along with everything else sexual, as a weapon. Paraphrased:
Rainier: (who is a homosexual male, and is dancing with Daemon) You can be a sadistic bastard when you want, can't you?
Daemon: Ah, but you'd let me hurt you, wouldn't you?
* Temperature drops a few degrees.*
Rainier: *Says nothing, but looks very, very scared.*
- The novelization of the original Star Trek, specifically the episode, "Who Weeps for Adonis?", has Bones telling Kirk about the medical mystery buried in Apollo's "gorgeous chest"; then again, Greek god.
- In the Outlander series, it's rather ironic to note that Claire's husband Jamie seems to end up having more male admirers than Claire herself. The author must be a Yaoi Fangirl. Especially interesting in the case of how her husband from the present's ancestor Captain John Randall (who looks identical to him), was almost made to look like a romantic interest for Claire in the past timeline, only for him to become obsessed with Claire's husband and hate Claire because he's jealous of how she's Jamie's wife. Also, the Duke of Sandringham apparently tried (unsuccessfully) to do Jamie when Jamie was young, as well.
- Raoul and the Persian are as entranced by Erik's Compelling Voice as Christine is in The Phantom of the Opera. note
- Irial from Wicked Lovely. Niall too. Remember the scene with Seth lusting on him in Fragile Eternity?
- Even outside of Marvel Star Wars, Luke is quite popular in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. Wedge hugs him at every chance he gets. Then there's Brakiss.
- Christopher Marlowe's poem Hero And Leander practically name drops this trope. It barely describes Hero, the beautiful woman, but Leander is described in detail, as a really hot guy. Then, this happens:
Had wild Hippolytus Leander seen
Enamoured of his beauty had he been.
His presence made the rudest peasant melt
That in the vast uplandish country dwelt.
The barbarous Thracian soldier, moved with nought,
Was moved with him and for his favour sought.
Some swore he was a maid in man's attire,
For in his looks were all that men desire.
Translated into Modern English that says: "So hot even the guys want him, even guys who like hunting better than sex. But we're straight guys, so he must be a woman in drag!"
- El Draco from Oxana Pankeeva's Strange Kingdom Cronicles until he was mutilated and raped by really BAD guy who wanted him. He was not only raped, but tortured so badly that it took corrective surgery to make him looking normally, let alone handsome. Anyway, his charisma still remained and scars only attracted the girls.
- Kushiels Legacy: Alcuin and Delaunay are both bisexual Yaoi Guys with more notable male lovers than female ones. Averted with Joscelin when he and Phèdre are sold into slavery. The Skaldi women find him, um, desirable, but the Skaldi men thinks he's a pretty-boy with no beard. At least, they acknowledge his "manliness" when he kills one of their own in a sanctioned duel.
- In The Vampire Chronicles, Armand, so, so much.
- And Lestat. And Louis. And Nicolas. And Marius. A good deal of the series is built on this trope.
- Apparently Hughie Erskine from the Model Millionaire by Oscar Wilde. In the first page he is described as really handsome and "as popular with men as he was with women".
- James Emerson Fletcher of the Bloody Jack series. Clementine's father and a few others want him.
- Tik-Tok, the Villain Protagonist of the 1983 novel of the same name, is occasionally subject to advances by humans of both sexes. He doesn't mind the attention...most of the time.
- Patrick Bateman of American Psycho (in the film adaption as well where he's portrayed by Christian Bale) In one scene Bateman is about to kill his associate, Luis, by strangling him from behind, but Luis mistakes this as Bateman coming onto him, causing him to reveal that he's gay and in love with Bateman.
- Esu: Shiba.
- Song at Dawn Dragonetz tries to avoid romantic interest in himself yet even men Such as crossdressing lady Sanchez are in love with him.
- Implied with Finnick in The Hunger Games.
- The Infernal Devices:
- De Quincy and Magnus Bane both hint at this about Will.
- Of course this applies to Magnus Bane as well since De Quincy was interested in him, "as more than friends". Tessa didn't know what Magnus was hinting at, but that was because such things were unheard of in such a time period... (or just not talked about).
- Adam from Eve and Adam. Everybody wants him, regardless of gender or sexuality.
- Aiden from Of Fear and Faith mentions that his charms work on men as well as women and he occasionally takes advantage of this, flirting with them to get what he wants.
- Percy Jackson of Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus can now be officially classified as this as of The House of Hades, since it's revealed that Nico di Angelo had a crush on him in the first series, and is implied to still have one.
- Alias: In "No Hard Feelings," an Italian prisoner (who is presumably experiencing Situational Sexuality) licks his lips at the sight of Julian Sark, and tells the young man that he will be very popular here. When Sark fakes a seizure, the Italian cell mate then calls out for help by shouting, "The beautiful man is dying!"
- Captain Jack Harkness of Doctor Who and Torchwood. He's also rampantly omnisexual, though, so it's okay with him.
- A Justified Trope as in the Series 2 episode "Fragments", Jack tells Ianto that the aftershave-like smell is actually 51st-century pheromones, however there is still something innately appealing about him. In The Stolen Earth Donna is attracted to him at first sight, suggesting that his appearance does do most of the work.
- In fact, even Jack wants Jack (Jack's namesake, the real Jack Harkness, comes on to him in the past).
- This easily goes for his actor, John Barrowman, as well. The straight James Marsters (aka Spike, John Hart) is on the record as saying he's a better kisser than Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- Ianto Jones gets this a bit, however he seems to only draw the attention of men in the show. So either destiny is making him bi, or the writers think he's too much of a pansy to attract a woman.
- The Doctor of Doctor Who, with his enormous list of, er, "companions", male and female, almost all of whom would go to the ends of the universe for him, and that's before considering his epic, centuries-long (for them) Foe Yay with the Master.
- The Ninth Doctor had Jack crushing hard on him (and then pining for almost 150 years...), had oddly sexual scenes with Van Statten (there was no real reason to strip the Doctor before scanning him...), and at least the male recapper on Television Without Pity was instantly smitten.
- And now the Eleventh Doctor is officially on this list.
The Doctor: Jefferson, Adams, Hamilton. River!
River Song: Surnames of three of America's founding fathers.
The Doctor: Lovely fellows. Two of them fancied me.
- Don't forget about Shakespeare:
The Doctor: Come on! We can have a good flirt later!
William Shakespeare: Is that a promise, Doctor?
The Doctor: Oh, fifty-seven academics just punched the air.
- Red Dwarf's "Ace" Rimmer (What a guy!) uses this to establish him as The Ace.
Bongo: I know that this prob'ly won't interest you, but I'd hate myself for the rest of my life if I didn't at least suggest it.
Ace: Suggest what?
Bongo: If you're interested, I'll be in my quarters at lunchtime, covered in taramasalata.
Ace: I didn't know your bread was buttered that side, Bongo.
Bongo: It isn't. I've been happily married for 35 years. It's just, a chap like you can turn a guy's head.
Ace: I'm sorry, Bongo. Lunch is... on Mellie.
Bongo: Would it make any difference if it was... hummus?
Ace: I'm sorry, Bongo. I'm strictly "butter-side-up."
Bongo: Understood. (Ace leaves the office) What a guy!
- Cat is so vain that he is convinced he's an example.
Lister: You're being a little bit cocky for a guy who's never actually met a real woman before.
Cat: I've seen mirrors! I have eyes! Let's face it, buddy — I have a body that makes men wet!
- In Angel, Doyle has this discussion about the eponymous vampire.
He likes playing the hero. Walking off into the dark, his long coat
flowing behind him in that mysterious and attractive way. Cordelia:
Is this a private moment? 'Cuz I could leave you alone. Doyle:
I'm not saying I'm
attracted... (later, Angel leaves the building, walking off into the dark, his long coat flowing behind him) Doyle:
Maybe I'm a little
- It bears pointing out that Doyle passed his visions to Angel in one alternate timeline, and the only way we've seen visions passed on is kissing.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer in-universe has Andrew having fantasies of a shirtless Spike making out with Buffy, and plenty of cooing whenever Spike's in the room.
- Xander as well has shown attraction to Spike, with the immortal line uttered when Xander accuses Buffy of sleeping with Spike:
No one is judging you. It's understandable. Spike is strong and mysterious and sort of compact but well-muscled. Buffy:
having sex with Spike! But I'm starting to think that you
- Not to mention the time when the Love Dodecahedron of the previous series was explained to a newcomer, who protested "Is there anyone here who hasn't slept with everyone else?" Cut to shot of Spike and Xander looking awkwardly at each other, then away.
- In Season 8, Andrew says out loud to Buffy that he likes Spike a lot more than Angel, and states that his heart is broken when he sees Angel and Buffy having sex.
- Andrew is canonically gay in the Buffyverse (and was in love with Warren), so that might not count. However, although they considered having Xander switch teams, instead of Willow, he stayed straight, making his appreciation of Spike fall more into this trope than Andrew's.
- If Youtube is any indication, Rudy from Generation Kill may be the next Big Boss. The quote "I love you, Fruity Rudy!" does little to assuage this, as it invites repeating from viewers in unrelated situations.
- Lampshaded when the Marines try to invert it by telling the reporter, "It doesn't make you gay if you think Rudy's hot. We all think he's hot. Jesus, you're beautiful." (He says this because he notices the reporter staring at Rudy, clearly captivated.)
- From the non-fiction book on which the series was based:
Sgt. Rudy Reyes, 31, from Kansas City, Missouri, has stripped off his shirt and is washing his chest with baby wipes, every muscle gleaming in the flickering light of a nearby oil fire. Reyes doesn't quite fit the image of the macho brute. He reads Oprah's magazine and waxes his legs and chest. Other members of the unit call him "fruity Rudy" because he is so beautiful. "It doesn't mean you're gay if you think Rudy's hot. He's just so beautiful." Person tells me. "We all think he's hot."
- In the film, Reyes — played by Reyes himself, reportedly because no actor was hot enough (riiiight!) — is initially nude for the scene, then gets dressed.
- There's a hilarious scene in Boston Legal when Brad senses that Jeffrey is competition, so he tells him that in this office, Brad is the guy who all the girls wanna sleep with. Jeffrey goes, "I can tell that — even I want to sleep with you."
- Supernatural: Dean Winchester. In addition to hitting on and being appreciated by all females in the area, has had several... suspect interactions that generally end with "I don't swing that way." Also, in “My Heart Will Go On” Balthazar states "Sorry, you have me confused with the other angel. You know, the one in the dirty trench coat who's in love with you," meaning Castiel.
- In-universe example: Dr. Sexy, MD. Ask Dean about it.
- Castiel. Dean is clearly in love with him. His archangel brother calls him a "pretty boy angel", and the male demon Crowley very discreetly checks him out while acknowledging the following:
Crowley: There's a lot of angels swooning over you...you've got what they call, 'sex appeal'.
- Amusingly, whenever another character points out the "profound bond" that Dean and Castiel seem to have, the normally snarky Dean goes completely silent and cannot even seem to muster a denial.
- Apropos Jensen Ackles from the above example. In Dark Angel he has 'a few' male fans as well, namely Normal, their boss at Jam Pony.
- Two and a Half Men: Charlie is quite the womanizer and has had several flings throughout the course of the show. Also, in the episode "Tucked, Taped and Gorgeous" he attracted the attentions of a gay guy named Greg who called Charlie "pretty" and in the episode "The Sea Is a Harsh Mistress" a male lifeguard shows up at his house (he had saved Charlie from drowning earlier in the episode) who clearly had developed an interest in him, and he asks Charlie out. Charlie ends up agreeing.
- In "Tucked, Taped and Gorgeous", Alan begins to question his sexuality after he becomes friends with Greg, but Greg tells him that he's not gay.
Alan, you're not gay. Alan:
Are you sure? Greg:
Do you find me sexually attractive? Alan:
Do you find any man sexually attractive? Alan:
No. Well, maybe George Clooney
Clooney doesn't count.
- Black Books: an author of travel novels reduces Fran to a giggling schoolgirl - as well as Manny. Curmudgeonly Bernard Black marches over to give the author what for and ends up just as charmed as the other two are.
- 30 Rock: Jamie, the cute coffee boy. Frank, of all people, has a crush on him. Also, two of Liz's romantic interests (Floyd and Danny) have mutual bromances with Jack.
- MADtv: "My Gay Dad Always Steals My Boyfriends Even Though They Say They're Straight Because He's Just So Irresistible They Can't Help Themselves And I Hate It!"
- The teenaged character finally thinks she reaches a solution by going out with a blind guy, but even HE can't resist when her dad walks by, sensing his 'great ass'
- Saturday Night Live's Mango. Though, based on the Ellen DeGeneres episode, it might just be that everyone subconsciously perceives him as a woman (considering he's only been pursued by straight men and lesbians).
- On Glee, Blaine fits this perfectly. Artie has clearly come to consider Blaine his muse, the unnamed guitar player in Glee club has been totally jamming out with him, the Warblers all seem to worship him, his best friend Sam is totally flattered by his crush on him, and all the Glee club guys just generally really look up to him... and sometimes it seems a bit more than platonic.
- Happens in Merlin in surprisingly Russell T Davies fashion, when the (male) Villain of the Week in Sweet Dreams takes a little time out from his hectic evil schedule to go all reluctant fangirl over Arthur:
Every woman in the land is attracted to this boy! I'm almost attracted to him myself...
- Julian from Trailer Park Boys. Male characters including Jim Lahey, Officer George Green, Randy, and Conky have all commented on his sexy black t-shirt and/or resemblance to Patrick Swayze. This trope is particularly prominent in The Movie: Countdown to Liquor Day.
- Well...Lahey also has an If It's You, It's Okay going on with Randy
- Enver Gjokaj. He also has a twin brother.
- Vince Noir from The Mighty Boosh is a prime example. He's able to turn straight men gay simple by looking at them - it doesn't help, of course, that he's played by Noel Fielding, sexiest comedian in the world, and voted sexiest man of the year by NME more than once - maybe it's the dazzling blue eyes.
- The Drew Carey Show: When Drew is in limbo, all his fantasies come to life and the polite, dutiful, make-up free Mimi informs him that he has a threesome with beautiful women scheduled at two, a foursome at three, and at five he will have sex with George Clooney. (Drew's straight, but he's not dead.) Angry, Drew asks if she ever stopped to think that he might want to take a nap before he has sex with George Clooney?
- Jack Morgan from Look Around You, according to Peter Packard in the Health episode.
- Dr. Chase on House. It seems everyone finds Chase ungodly attractive - House ponders aloud whether Foreman might be gay because he was unaffected by a pretty woman whom House couldn't think logically around. Wilson, without missing a beat, asks "Did he turn into an idiot around Chase?" He also ranges from getting hit on by a gay patient to constant jokes by House:
House: Little girls who kiss frogs expect them to turn into you.
Chase: Oh, come on, I'm not that good looking.
House: Yes, you are.
Wilson: You kind of are.
- Chuck Bass. At one point his girlfriend traded a kiss with him for a toast at a fancy event, and the person she made the trade with was a man.
- Seen on a sign in the crowd when The Colbert Report was in Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics: "Marry me Stephen! (It's legal here!)"
- Degrassi The Next Generation had Craig say this to Marco: "You know, you are a great guy....You're a little short, but that just adds to how cute you are. That I would find you if you were a girl or I was not a guy. Is not gay. Just tell me this is working." Then Dylan comes in and Marco spontaneously kisses Craig.
- Also, Sean. Granted, the only guy in canon is Marco. Still, Marco, Emma, Manny, Paige, and Ashley all make some unambiguous romantic overtures toward Sean.
- In an episode of Home Improvement named "Bachelor of the Year", Al was declared 'Detroit's Most Eligible Bachelor' and women started to hit on him. In one scene, a guy came up to him and enthusiastically introduced himself to Al.
- Michael from Burn Notice. Fiona seems to be in love with him, male villains seem to have a thing for calling him "pretty", Gilroy seems to be actively hitting on him, Seymour clearly has a massive one-sided man-crush on him, and Word of God says that Larry is "primarily motivated by his love for Michael".
- Jon Stewart of The Daily Show, despite being a happy heterosexual, has been canonically shipped with a variety of real live men, including George Clooney, Ricky Gervais, Brian Williams, and especially Stephen Colbert.
- The first episode of the third season of Castle includes Ryan commenting on a cardboard cutout of Castle that, "Wow, he really is ruggedly handsome".
- This seems to overlap with Real Life. Just listen to the Season One commentaries and hear Seamus Dever (Ryan) and Jon Huertas gush about how "Yummy" Nathan Fillion is.
- Let's face it, though, we're talking about Nathan Fillion.
- Robin, Barney and Marshall all end up with hopeless, full-blown crushes on one-off character Stan in How I Met Your Mother. Barney actually tells Stan that he loves him, and both Marshall and Barney seem to want to go on a date with him at the end of the episode. And Marshall and Barney also have an argument over which one of them Ted has gay dreams about; it devolved into this.
Marshall: Ted and I have a history! I could do things to him that would blow his m... ...Why do we keep trying to have sex with Ted?
Barney: I don't know; it's weird.
- Eureka: Charles Grant. There's something about his unapologetic old-fashioned machismo...
- And Nathan Stark. He may not be the "perfect specimen but he's damn close."
- There's one scene in Slings and Arrows in which Richard Smith-Jones, now beloved by the cast of the musical he's taken over, wakes up next to one of the female cast with whom he'd slept earlier, and who calls him "Big Dick"... and then pan over to reveal one of the male cast, who also calls him... Possibly because he'd taken a full tab of ecstasy the other night; his first time using the drug, no less.
- Michael from Prison Break. T-Bag has had "designs" on Michael since their first meeting. Also, Tweener seeing as he's been hit on by T-Bag as well.
- Corner Gas: Quoting Davis: "Hank's... different... when he's fishing."
- This guy on Australia's Got Talent. Judge Brian Mc Fadden seems pretty damn pleased.
- Michael Scott's epic mancrush on Ryan the Temp on the U. S. version of The Office. He gives Ryan the "Hottest Office Member" Dundie award, openly admits he'd sleep with Ryan (in "The Fire"), and calls Ryan "sweetcheeks" once in Season 3. And there are many more examples.
- Mr. Harris in The New Adventures of Old Christine.
- Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs has a lot of male fans who think he's pretty hot. He's even received email from a male fan stating this.
- Game of Thrones:
- Craster commented that Jon Snow is prettier than half of his daughters. For extra-squicky subtext, Craster marries his daughters.
- Two lowborn Lannister soldiers consider Ser Loras Tyrell to be prettier than Queen Cersei—and she's widely regarded to be the most beautiful woman in the Seven Kingdoms.
- The bisexual Prince Oberyn Martell finds Olyvar (a male prostitute) so desirable that he isn't at all deterred when Olyvar informs his client that he's "wildly expensive."
- Oberyn propositions Loras by mentally undressing the young man with his eyes in "The Lion and the Rose."
- Eric from True Blood. Half the guys in Fangtasia are psyching themselves up to "offer themselves to him".
- Almost occurred in one episode of Grimm when Monroe spies on a Ziegevolk who can generate lust-inducing hormones.
Monroe: "I can't be around that guy — I almost bought him a drink!"
- Parks and Recreation has Chris Trager, who brings out Jean-Ralphio's "open-minded as hell" side.
"From now on, we will be using code names. You can address me as Eagle One. Ann
, code name: Been There, Done That. April
is Currently Doing That. Donna is It Happened Once In A Dream. Chris, code name: If I Had To Pick A Dude. Ben is Eagle Two."
- And, when Leslie points out that there are no women on Chris's gender equality commission.
Councilman Milton: "There's a lady right next to you." *Chris looks up* "Oh, wait, no. It's just a very beautiful man."
- Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock. Even the straight guys and lesbian women want him.
John Watson: For the record, if anyone out there still cares, I'm not actually gay.
Irene Adler: Well, I am. And yet, look at us both.
- From the "Toni's Boys" episode of Charlie's Angels: In this clip, we see that Bob Sorenson is checking out Arnie, the male stripper while he and Kris watch Arnie rehearse.
- Subverted in Warehouse13. When Pete learns new agent Jinks is gay Pete immediately whips his shirt off, comments on how great it will be to work with someone who appreciates how hot he is and offers to strip down any time Jinks wants. Jinks is all, no thanks, not my type.
- Friends: Monica's oh so perfect season 1 boyfriend Alan.
Ross: If only he were a woman.
(they awkwardly look at each other and walk away)
- Frasier: Dr. Clint Webber, a new radio personality at KACL in "The Perfect Guy". This inspires great jealousy from Frasier, who schemes to find an exploitable weakness.
- Jeff of Community is not only found canonically attractive by all three of the show's female leads, but is called handsome multiple times by many male characters and is heavily hit on by the Dean, who is a guy. He is also a raging narcissist about this fact.
- We hear Beau Ryan of the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks getting wolf whistles from men and women when he does the NRL Footy Show in the nude.NSFW
- Conan: In this segment, Elizabeth Banks tells Conan O'Brien that her husband would have sex with Tom Brady. Conan admits that he would too.
- Both Matthew Bellamy and Dominic Howard of Muse.
- David Bowie. The world is full of straight men who say "it's okay, because it's Bowie".
- A traditional English folk song (Child Ballad #100; it has many variations with different names, among them "John Barbour", "Tom the Barber", and "Willie O'Winsbury"), about a king's daughter who falls for a sailor and the king's disapproval, contains the following lines, where the king changes his mind:
Then he called his sailors all / By one, by two, by three
John Barbour was the first he called / But the last came down was he.
When he came a dancing down, / He was clothed all in white
His cheeks were like the roses red / And his teeth were ivory bright.
He paid their wages with a smile / And to John Barbour he did say
If I was a woman as I am a man / My bed fellow you would be.
- There is a song by the English band Federal Drugs Administration called Rampant Russell, where the singer complains about how unfair it is that he's the ONLY one who hasn't slept with Russell Brand. He ends the song with "And I'm not even gay!"
- Mike Patton of Faith No More fame inspires lust in both his female and male fans
- Freddie Mercury, mainly in the '70s. But some also find his '80s appearance hot... Amplified by the fact that he was bisexual.
- Peter Steele of Type O Negative. Amplified by the fact that he posed naked for Playgirl. It got to the point where he wrote a Type O Negative song titled "I Like Goils" as a response to all of his male admirers.
- Garbage's song "Cherry Lips"
"With your cherry lips and golden curls
You could make grown men gasp when you go walking past
And in your hot pants and high heels
Why they could not believe that such a body was for real
It seems like rainbows would appear
Whenever you came near the clouds would disappear
Because you look just like a girl
Your baby blues would flash and suddenly a spell was cast.."
- Subverted in Jay-Z's "Run This Town" (Kanye West's rap)
"It's crazy how you can go from being Joe Blow
...To everybody on your dick...no homo"
- Japanese musician Gackt has gone on many a TV show hosted by men, only to have them remark how beautiful they find him and how good he smells. The most extreme example was a show he did in 2009 where there were about six interviewers, all male, and every single one of them commented on his sex appeal. One went as far to say that if Gackt kissed him, he would gladly have sex with the guy.
- Syd Barrett◊ back in his Pink Floyd days. A much younger David Gilmour◊ would also apply.
- Elvis Presley. One colleague said, "I'm straight as an arrow and I got to tell you, you stop, whether you're male or female, to look at him. He was that good looking."
- Franz Ferdinand has "Michael".
Mythology and Religion
- Older Than Feudalism: In Greek Mythology, young men are considered suitable sex objects for mature men. For instance, the Spartan prince Hyacinthos was so handsome and athletic that both the wind god Zephyrus and the god Apollo (one of the biggest Casanovas in the Greek pantheon — after Zeus, that is) had HUGE Stupid Sexy Flanders over him and fought over his attentions. With deadly consequences for the poor guy: thanks to Zephyrus, he got his skull opened with a flying discus for choosing Apollo. OUCH. Well, at least Apollo used Hyacinthos's blood to create the hyacinth flower, so...
- The Nala episode of The Mahabharata opens with a lengthy description of Nala's virtues, including the fact that he was "desired by both men and women."
- Loki, of Norse Mythology, likes to crossdress and turn into females from different species now and then. He once seduced a horse to prevent it from helping a giant take over Asgard.
- The biblical Joseph. Everybody knows about Potiphar's wife, but did you know that one of Potiphar's motives for buying Joseph was Joseph's astounding good looks? Luckily, before anything could happen the angel Gabriel castrated Potiphar (who was henceforth known as Potiphera).
- Only according to the commentaries. None of this (save for Potiphar's wife) is anywhere in The Bible. Potiphar an Potiphera are two different, completely unrelated characters.
- Joseph's beauty is a big deal in various mystical Islamic traditions. In Sufism, Joseph is basically the epitome of male beauty.
- Peter North has both male and female fans. He also stared in gay porno films as Matt Ramsey.
- Any guy who's posed nude in Playgirl. Even though many of its readers are women, former editor Michelle Zipp admitted that the magazine attracts much gay male readership. Their spokesman, Daniel Nardico said that the magazine appeals to both men and women. While its Distaff Counterpart, Playboy says "Entertainment for Men" on the cover, Playgirl says "Entertainment for Everyone" on its cover.
- The dark splatterpunk roleplaying game KULT features a bunch of disadvantages and curses for Player Characters, among which is the flaw "Sexy" (with the prerequisite that the character needs to have a high Charisma score before the player can select it). Any character having this disadvantage exudes massive sexual magnetism, which transcends cultural norms, gender or sexual orientation. As the rulebook puts it, the character will have to live with the fact that anyone he or she meets will not listen to a word (s)he says but stare at his/her ass, crotch or breasts (respectively) and launch a massive seduction attempt, whether the character wants to have sex or not. Of course, this being KULT, "seduction attempt" can easily mean groping or rape. In fact, it doesn't matter if the character is chaste like a saint or a shameless rake, (s)he is still fresh meat on the market, figuratively speaking.
- You don't want to know what happens when "fresh meat" is meant literally. "Cannibalism" is another flaw entirely.
- GURPS allows the enhancement Universal to be added to various levels of Appearance making it so that no only do the guy and girl like you but anything sentient will find you attractive.
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: This is pretty much the source of the Everyone Is Gay For Big Boss meme on 4chan. The character in question has a rather profound effect on both female (EVA) and male (Ocelot) characters thanks to sheer masculine sex appeal. This carried over to the fanbase - every now and again someone will pop up on the aforementioned image board and declare their wonderful gay love for him. Metal Gear Solid 4 took it to the extreme by perfectly seriously revealing that the events of the entire timeline were caused by a very large amount of people being gay for Big Boss.
- This is pointed out in this page of The Last Days Of FOXHOUND, in which Liquid Snake comments, "Did any of you not have a crush on my dad?" to a starry-eyed rest of the group (minus Mantis and Raven).
- Tales of Vesperia: YURI LOWELL. There's Zagi's whole Foe Yay-ish violent obsession with him...
- Ellis in Left 4 Dead is a big fan of Jimmy Gibbs Jr., a famous race car driver. He'll sometimes mention, "If the laws of nature allowed it, I would bear that man's children."
- Leon from Resident Evil 4 falls victim to this as well sometimes. Examples include; the male co-host of X-Play who admitted that if he were ever to have a gay experience it would have to be with Leon, and Conan O'Brien, who commented that Leon was 'hot'.
- In the RPG Fable I, an NPC's romantic interest in the (male) player character is represented by a pink heart above their head. If the player ups his Attractiveness enough, those pink hearts will start to appear above some of the guys as well as the girls. It is possible to propose to and marry these guys, too.
- In SNK vs. Capcom, the narcisstic Spanish Ninja Vega pretty much tells Kyo Kusanagi that he's the only male fighter who's almost as handsome as Vega himself, much to Kyo's embarrassment and annoyance. Not to mention Shingo's hero worship of him can be very easily interpreted as a man-crush, and Kyo's Foe Yay with Iori is freaking legendary.
- Chick Magnet Link even has a male character go on about how handsome he is in the adult timeline of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. A not-inconsiderable number of real-life fans — male and female — would agree with him. It doesn't hurt that in Real Life, the most famous Link cosplayers are very attractive females such as Pikmin Link who has admirers of both genders.
- Also on the subject of Zelda, arguably Link in these videos.
- Bridget from Guilty Gear, as in "Everyone's gay for..." And it isn't pure Memetic Mutation: any discussion on the character will have multiple male fans saying "I don't care, *she's* still hot." Of course, being a crossdressing Bishōnen, a girl finding Bridget attractive is in the same "trap."
- Fanart of Bridget as an actual girl doesn't go over well at all. Apparently, even male and female fans prefer Bridget just the way he is, confusion and all.
- Subverted in Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk. Decus certainly thinks that his (putrid) cologne has this effect.
- In The Sims 2 expansion "FreeTime", one of the rewards for a life well lived is a magic lamp containing a genie. If the Sim chooses "Give Me Beauty" as one of threw wishes, s/he is granted automatic maximum chemistry with any Sim of his/her preferred gender, and all the Sim needs to do to activate this trope is to "Flirt... Check Sim Out" at least one Sim from each gender. A bug in the code then causes every NPC and their sister to ring the Sim's doorbell at all hours of the night, making a good night's sleep all but impossible but guaranteeing a gigantic stable of friends and/or lovers. Be Careful What You Wish For.
- Ike from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn has paired endings with two guys (Soren and Ranulf), Elincia seems to have a crush on him in Path of Radiance, Lethe is tsundere for him, Mia is in love with his carnage, and Sothe worships Ike so much that Sothe's girlfriend Micaiah lampshades the Ho Yay by referring to Ike as "the father of Sothe's children".
- Libra, the VERY girlish-looking War Monk from Fire Emblem Awakening. Virion seems to be rather infatuated with him even after finding out he's a dude, and his solo ending says he was courted by women and men as he took care of his Orphanage of Love.
- Also, The Avatar. Aside of his Ho Yay with Chrom and other guys, Vaike describes him in almost dreamy words when he and Tharja have a talk about him. And some of the more flirtatious talks that the female Avatar has with male charas do not change if the Avatar's a dude, i.e. Gregor suggests Intimate Healing to both of them.
- A Meta example: after viewing the love confession of Chrom and a female Avatar, even guys have to admit there is something about him... As said by a random 4chan FE:A fanboy: "How could you resist that face?" And many male 4channers have openly admitted to be "gay for Chrom".
- A sort-of gameplay example, too. There's a female-only skill named Demoiselle/Secluded Lady where a Troubadour with a high enough level note can buff the status of the male allies standing around her - and if a Troubadour has a son note , she can pass it to him as well. Now watch the boy buff the status of the dudes standing around him, too...
- If we go to the future Past DLC, Grima in the Avatar's body will taunt Lucina via mentioning how much the Avatar loved her father Chrom (even if s/he is married to someone else). The catch is that the dialogue doesn't really change if the Avatar is a dude. Ho Yay or what?!
- Cloud from Final Fantasy VII is actually stated to be this in Ultimania Omega Guide. "One look at Cloud in drag gets Corneo very excited. Does Cloud's charms enslave even members of the same sex?"
- Everyone is xeno for Garrus. Half of /v/, certainly.
- In the City Elf origin in Dragon Age: Origins, if you're a girl who asks Soris about your fiance's appearance, he says, "I'd trade for him."
- This also applies to the male main character. Zevran will lampshade this while speaking with the Warden, saying that a handsome man like him must draw a lot of female AND male attention.
- Everyone is Heavy for Medic.
- Ezio from Assassins Creed II. As he walks/runs/parkours across Italia, assorted allies of both genders comment regularly on how skilled, graceful, and attractive he is. Ezio is hard-pressed to hop a two-foot gap between rooftops without a nearby group of thieves making some kind of positive comment.
- In Worldof Warcraft, Lor'themar Theron, the current leader of the blood elves, has an ability called "Mass Charm" which charms members of both sexes.
- Ragna the Bloodedge in BlazBlue. Besides Jin's blatant Ho Yay towards him, Arakune's Joke Ending features Hazama wanting to marry an unconscious Ragna.
- Quite a few Pokémon characters invoke this in the fandom, most notably Red, the original protagonist.
- Devil May Cry contains 4 White-Haired Badasses (namely Dante, Vergil, Sparda and Nero) whose level of manliness is so high that not only do they have a staunch Estrogen Brigade at their feet but also an equally admiring, if not outright swooning, Testosterone Brigade, especially Dante. Stupid Sexy Dante...
- Haseo from Dot Hack GU. He's got Endrance, Ovan, and Bo directing much Ho Yay towards him.
- Arguably Yuri from Infinite Space, considering Cico's obsession to him. There's also his relationship with Dietrich, which is rather questionable when compared to his relationship with other military characters.
- Teddie's human form from Persona 4. He makes extensive use of the Bishie Sparkle and uses it to manipulate women that he comes across. Not to mention during the crossdressing scene he was the only one able to pull off looking like a girl. One male commentator even exclaimed "I'd hit it" even after finding out that Teddie was actually a guy.
- Tatsuya from Persona 2 is explicitly shown to be a chick magnet. Almost all the female cast wants him, major or minor characters. Heck, even some of the guys (*cough*Jun*cough*) want him.
- The "brother" version of NieR was a prostitute for some time in the backstory to support his sister. Word of God is that Emil is also into him.
- Ganondorf's new look in Hyrule Warriors was unanimously praised, by both female and male players. His Rapunzel Hair also led to a meme, with even Nintendo Europe joining in with their own contribution.
- Age Of Wonders 3: The Seduce and Charm abilities here do not discriminate by sex. Female units like the Bard and Succubus are perfectly capable of seducing and charming other girls, and if you manage to get Seduce or Charm on a male (usually by giving a Leader or Hero an equip item with the ability) they will still be capable of seducing or charming other guys.
- Arguably Shirou Emiya from Fate/stay night. Issei "Blushes Like Mad Whenever Shirou So Much As Looks At Him Funny" Ryudou has a fairly obvious crush on him.
- In Fate/hollow ataraxia, there's a scene where Issei and Shinji Matou pretty much squabble like children for Shirou's attention.
- It is an ironclad fact in Steins;Gate that everyone has a thing for Ruka Urushibara. Everyone◊
- Hatoful Boyfriend takes place at an all-bird boys' school. According to the drama CDs and the official manga, this does not stop Yuuya Sakazaki from receiving love letters and seeds on Legumentine's Day (the bird equivalent of Valentine's). He even comments on his popularity with the guys in a cutscene when he finds Ryouta and Sakuya talking about him; Sakuya is his brother.
- Ace Attorney:
- Klavier Gavin from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. When he and Apollo first met he (Klavier) states that he's used to girls drooling over him, but that he has "never felt this way with a man before".
- Edgeworth from the original Ace Attorney has this too. Especially considering how Detective Gumshoe seems to have an asexual crush on him. Do we need to mention the Facebook Group?
- Tedd from El Goonish Shive, without his Opaque Nerd Glasses, occasionally runs into this... and just thinking about it tends to weird him out.
- Abel, of Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures . Everyone is gay for Abel. Even if you don't know who he is.
- The Fan Web Comic Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha R'r took the Viewer Gender Confusion of Yuuno to its logical conclusion. While he's not very lucky with the ladies, he's incredibly popular with the guys◊ even before he got smacked with a Gender Bender.
- Marius from My Life In Blue is an androgynously handsome transguy with admirers of all sexes and sexual orientations. He tends to get annoyed when lesbians hit on him, though. Alex also has the habit of making people question their sexuality in his presence.
- The human form of Artie from Narbonic achieves this status, as Dave is forced to admit.
- Tip from Skin Horse, by the same author, is so attractive that even male dogs want him. When he himself is turned into a wolf, anyway. Not to mention Gavotte a literal Hive Mind by virtue of being a swarm of bees. Who STILL wants Tip.
- And now that Skin Horse has been defined as a sequel to Narbonic (to much Squee from... well, all the fans), the natural result is that Tip and Artie meet up.
-  One strip of Exterminatus Now was basically Lothar confessing his mancrush on Ron Perlman.
- Remember that guy on The Adventures of Dr. McNinja, and all the ladies were swooning and then that guy stood up and declared "I'm homosexual now?" Yeah? Remember that? That was great.
- He's a pilot, and he has great hair. (I tell a lie, it's a wig.) His name's Hank.
- In one Bittersweet Candy Bowl episode, Paulo declares to a group of Mike's female admirers that Mike plays for the other team. Cue Mike's male fansquad.
- Though most of the characters in Blur the Lines are already gay, one of the main character's straight friends would go for Brad Pitt.
- Hark A Vagrant gives us Ooh, Mr Darcy. "Meanwhile in a 20 mile radius of this event: Bodices ripping, men turning gay."
- Just about every single male character in The Dreamer.
- The artist of Niels drew this strip specifically to rebuff accusations of the title character being this, pointing out that 300's flirting with Niels probably isn't something a straight man would do.
- In this Questionable Content, Marten is just as enthusiastic about parts of Sven as the girls are.
- Ménage à 3 and its spinoff, Sticky Dilly Buns has Dillon as its primary candidate:
- Seeing him dressed up as Black Canary or porn star Amber-Amber is often distracting for men; he can certainly attract a certain amount of passing straight male interest when he's in drag, and male readers are often prepared to agree that this is plausible.
- Impersonating Amber-Amber (Gary's favorite porn star) even got Gary to make out with him under the pretense of Dillon helping Gary learn how to do it right, albeit to no apparent lasting effect on Gary's sexuality or attitude to Dillon.
- Dillon has claimed to have "turned" several straight guys in the past with his Swirly-Go-Round kissing technique. However, after Ruby extracted some details from him, she pointed out that it was much more likely that they were bisexual or gay, but either in denial or using this claim as a way to brush Dillon off.
- In Homestuck, every single member of Jake English's circle of friends has a crush on him, including the other boy, and (sort of) his AI duplicate.
- Justified in that the other boy is, in fact, gay.
- Deconstructed a little later on. Because all of his friends have a thing for him, there isn't a single person he can go to to talk about any of this (until Jane accidentally and inaccurately tells him she doesn't have a thing for him, anyway), he's constantly having to tip-toe around sensitive subjects without letting anyone else find out what anyone else feels or that he knows about it, often questions whether it's even true in the first place or he's all just egotistically imagining it, and is showing signs of wanting to get together with one of them partially because he feels guilty about rejecting everyone.
- Boy Meets Boy: Skids. As in, girls want him, gays want him, bisexuals want him, and his best friend who's otherwise heterosexual wants him.
- Noblesse features Rai, the absolutely gorgeous Bad Ass Chick Magnet and Dude Magnet. In particular, Shinwoo seems to think he's pretty hot.
- Variant in Penny and Aggie, where no less than two lesbians (admittedly, both pre-coming-out at the time) crush badly on Marshall.
- In Commander Kitty, CK's exploits have made him so famous that even the Cat President is smitten with him. Of course, this is all just a dream.
- The Elven King Tegretol in Our Little Adventure seems this way with all of the Elves in his castle. It's also implied many of his admirers have been with him as well.
- Daichi from Greek Ninja. During the final battle, Creon notes that he's good-looking after seeing him when Sasha saved him from being decapitated. Having said that though, Creon had tried to make a pass on Sasha earlier...
- According to the fans of this video, Completely heterosexual guys were falling in love with Kurt.
- Will Smith according to both the The Nostalgia Critic and Yahtzee. The former's video review of Independence Day is basically one long love letter to Will Smith interspersed with commentary whenever Will is not on screen.
Nostalgia Critic (after slapping himself): Boobs! You like boobs!
- Doug Walker himself has had guys wanting to kiss him and grope his ass. He'll very often flirt right back.
- From The Nostalgia Chick's review of Kate and Leopold:
: Hugh Jackman
. All the women want him. And at least 25% of the men. And the other 75% at least a little.
- Furry Fury: Actually more like ONLY the guys want him. Poor Sinku.
- Duke Devlin from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series. This is what Joey Wheeler says of Duke: "What does he have that I don't got?... Besides the fangirls?... And the pretty hair?... And those gorgeous green eyes?" Duke then reminds Joey about his "sweet ass", and Joey admits, "Yeah, and a sweet ass too! But other than that, he's got nothing."
Narrator: Warning: This episode contains copious amounts of Duke Devlin. Women with heart conditions are advised to not look directly at Duke Devlin. This also applies to women without heart conditions; he's very pretty. See? See how pretty he is? He's very pretty. I'd like to run my fingers through his hair, and I'm just a voice.
Yami: Mustn't... look... directly at his face... so beautiful! No words to describe it... they should have sent a poet!
- It was even Lampshaded by Duke himself in episode 38: "I know how she feels. Guys are proposing to me all the time!"
- "Who hasn't had dream sex with Kaiba?"
- Sasuke in Naruto The Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Show. Naruto has an obvious crush on him.
- In Death Note: The Abridged Series (kpts4tv) there's Raye Penber who is "so awesome [he] turns guys bi," and L who Light has a crazy one-sided crush on, and Light has his own Unwanted Harem which includes the likes of Ryuk, Namikawa, Near, and Mikami.
- MSF High Forum: Ash. We are not allowed to say more.
- Donnie DuPre from Demo Reel seems to be a case of only guys wanting him. His wife hates him, a blonde girl who he tries hitting on is completely uninterested, while he and Rebecca share some Ship Tease she's still aiming for Tacoma, and the less said about the yandere daughter the better, but Tacoma, Carl, Uncle Yo, Egoraptor and Quinn all eventually melt under his sad Puppy-Dog Eyes and shameless flirting.
- Todd in the Shadows feels this way about Usher
- Gavin Free, resident Cloud Cuckoolander of Achievement Hunter fame, to the extent that Michael Jones' fiance, Lindsay Tuggey, joked that while guys have to worry about their girlfriends running off with Gavin, she has to worry about Michael doing it, and a surprising number of males on the forums would hit that if presented the opportunity.
- Hinted about Pete Klesko from O'Grady.
- Chip Skylark from The Fairly Oddparents. One of his biggest fans is none other than Timmy's father.
- "Ladies, and... Timmy's dad!"
- Timmy's 16-year old persona, Gah the Norwegian Male Supermodel in Love at First Height.
- Not just his 16 year old persona either, but his normal ten year old self if the way Sanjay acts around him is any indication and let's not forget the Gender Bender episode where A.J. was attracted to Timmy's Timantha persona.
- 2D from Gorillaz, especially from Murdoc's point of view, who called him 'pretty' more than once. Well, Murdoc is a Depraved Bisexual, after all, but he hates 2D, which means calling him 'pretty' actually says something:
- Colby in Dan Vs.. Dan remarks how "dreamy" he is and spends an episode admiring him. But then again, Dan sexuality is up for debate.
- Parodied on an episode of The Simpsons, like everything else. Homer flirts hopelessly with a "sensitive but rugged" manatee lover, completely failing to understand why Marge isn't in love with him.
- Homer does this pretty much to every man Marge in whom shows interest. In another episode, Marge (with Laser-Guided Amnesia) starts getting along with a smart, charming, kindly man:
Homer: He's Marge's and my dream man!
- Lisa climbs a red wood tree to impress a good looking humanitarian. When Homer yells at the guy for his good looks, the boy says Lisa did it on her own, and Homer replies "I'm sorry, I was lost in your eyes!"
- Homer himself believe it or not. He has shown that when he has hair and looses weight he's actually not bad to look at. He's married to Marge and has managed to attract numerous beautiful woman throughout the show. He has also been kissed by another man on two separate occasions who had developed feelings for him, and while clearly surprised didn't react negatively either.
- Ned Flanders. Homer has said that he's sexy (he's the Trope Namer for Stupid Sexy Flanders after all) and he's also hugged and kissed Ned and filmed him naked in the shower.
- In "Hungry Hungry Homer", while Homer is convincing Sherri to go to a dance with Bart she says she would rather go with Tommy and Homer comments "Well duh! He's breathtaking."
- In the American cartoon adaptation of Darkstalkers a running gag would have people tell Rikuo that he is "strangely attractive" for a fish man. Mostly it was the guys who said this.
- Justin in Total Drama Island. Owen, particularly, won't stop talking about how hot he is. Neither will Chris, the host, who seems to think Justin's last name is "McGorgeousness" and objected to Justin being voted off. Justin's so handsome he entered the talent competition with "being handsome" as his talent.
Owen: There are two syllables for hot, "jus" and "tin." Man that guy is just so hot I could kiss him! (pause) Because he's a good teammate! D'oh, why did I say that?
- In the second season it seems that everyone can't keep their eyes off Justin. In one ep Chris had to struggle to not be distracted by his beauty.
- Alejandro fits into this already:
Perhaps, I could assist. (helps Bridgette and Izzy up) Izzy:
I-I have a boyfriend! Alejandro:
And amigos, please, allow me, (offers to help up Tyler and Ezekiel) Ezekiel:
Wow, eh. Tyler:
I like girls!
- Bridgette even points this out in the Aftermath.
Geoff: Imagine if it were ME in the same situation!
Bridgette: YOU'D KISS HIM TOO!
- Lampshaded in The Xtacles, when President Stan wants a new statue design that won't end up being raped by Rape Ape. One candidate redesign has so much Ho Yay factor that Stan objects by saying, "I practically want it!"
- In a Family Guy episode, Peter Griffin is so taken with Bill Clinton that he ends up damaging his relationship with Lois, his wife. By the end of the episode both of them have been physically seduced by Clinton as well, both saying afterward, "You're a very persuasive guy."
- In one scene Peter responds to Christian Bale's statement of "We're done professionally" with an excited "Are you asking me out on a date?"
- Stewie said "Bing, bong! Hello!" when he saw Tom Brady in the shower through the peephole that Lois drilled in his room.
- In one episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, Squidward suddenly became handsome and he was chased around town by men and women who wanted to look upon his handsomeness.
- And what about the large amount of Ho Yay that Spongebob has for Squidward? Seriously. "Sleep tight my little angel..." "Squidward smells...good." "I like Squidward." *blushes*
- Yes, but normally, no one but Spongebob thinks that of Squidward; In every other episode, he's an example of Only The Sponge Wants Him.
- Who can forget the Memetic Sex God Squilliam. To quote Squidward: "Oh no, he's hot!"
- Also in the Spongebob special, Spongebob vs The Big One, JKL gotten the attention of Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward. Squidward even faints because JKL's hottness is just that overwhelming.
- Discussed in "Driven to Tears". "Women will want you...men will want to be you!"
- A comb salesman on The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack was so gorgeous that he had to wear a mask so that people would pay attention to his combs rather than his face. When his face is revealed, men and women (but mostly men) chase him around town and throw money at him.
- A pair of lyrics from Gaston's Villain Song (sung by his biggest fanboy LeFou) in Beauty and the Beast sound... interesting:
For there's no man in town half as manly!
Perfect, a pure paragon!
You can ask any Tom, Dick, or Stanley,
And they'd tell you whose team they'd prefer to be on!
- In Time Squad, J.T. Laser and the Lance Nine Trillion have this effect on Buck Tuddrussel and the Larry Three Thousand, respectively. The latter is already Camp Gay, but even Tuddrussel's thin wall of restraint crumbles quickly.
- Donald Duck: One could argue that in The Three Caballeros Panchito and Jose are all over Donald. Even kissing him a few times. In the House of Mouse episode of the Three Caballeros, Donald also is forced to wear a dress before tearing it apart in a rage exposing his nude and toned body while the other two hoist him up...for all to see. In the comics The Three Caballeros Ride Again and The Magnificent Seven (Minus Four) Caballeros, they both praise constantly praise his machismo and bravery. Even Pete in "Music Store Donald" briefly falls in love with him when he hears Donald play the harp. Lastly, more cartoons have shown Donald naked or referred to his body than any other Disney character! Gotta admit this duck is sexy!
- Jonesy from 6teen. In the episode "Stupid Over Cupid" a Gay Cowboy wanted to go on a date with him.
- Virgil in Static Shock. Richie, his best friend, rather intensely fanboys him and is hinted to be gay for him.
- The title character of Johnny Test. If you watch any episode where Johnny's sisters try to woo Gil, at least one of Gil's lines will be either "Hi, Johnny!" (if he is around) or "Say hi to Johnny for me!"
- In "Join the Johnny Scouts", Johnny becomes a Ladybird Scout to win a bike if he sells 1000 cookies. Gil doesn't quite notice that Johnny is dressed like a girl. "I hate these cookies, but I love you, bro-ham! Laters, Johnny whose new look I can't figure out!"
- It's a common joke in the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fandom that "everyone is gay for Braeburn." Big Macintosh also frequently has this effect on fanboys.
- Pinky and the Brain: There's also the episode "Pinky Suavo", where Pinky, through an accident with Brain's "Personalitron", becomes a charismatic, suave, romantic figure loved by everyone. And we mean everyone. Seriously, watch Brain's initial reaction to the new Pinky and just try to deny that he's suddenly developed at least a mancrush on him.
- On Lil Bush Lil' Vladimir Putin. As Lil' Rummy put it "He's got that cool bear, that mysterious accent, and that beautiful well oiled chest."