- Both chapters with the fundoshi in their entirety. Poor Shin!
- The New Year chapter. Yakuza trying so hard to appear like ordinary citizens in a hurry should not be nearly so sidesplitting- or that adorably bad at it.
- After Shin got badly beaten in a fight with a yakuza, he stayed home from school. Kuma went to go visit him, and when he went to school the next day, all of their friends questioned him about Shin's well-being. Kuma said that Shin was covered in bruises and injuries, supposedly from having a cabinet fall on him during an earthquake. All of them seem satisfied with this answer... until Uchi points out there hadn't been any earthquakes recently.
- When Shin's friends try to convince him to go meet with a pretty girl...
Minami: If it was me, I'd go no matter what. Even if my little brother was deathly ill, I'd go.Uchi: Even if I was deathly ill, I'd go.
- From the demon shrine chapter: "GET YOUR ASSES TO NIRVANA!"