YMMV: Glen or Glenda?
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Every single time Bela Lugosi appears, he's sitting in a chair in a room full of horror-movie props while giving bizarre monologues with very little relation to the previous scene. During the notorious "pull the string!" moment, there's also Stock Footage of stampeding buffalo superimposed over Lugosi.
- Not to mention the Disney Acid Sequence where the devil ends up raping a woman in a sofa...
- Ending Fatigue: Kind of — in the scene when Glen tells the truth to his girlfriend, the music at the end of the scene gives the impression that this is the end of the movie, but then...
Inspector Warren: Is that the end of the story?
Dr. Alton: Not quite. I'll get back to it in a minute.
- Memetic Mutation: PULL THE STRING!!
- Beware of the big green dragon...
- Narm: This movie is loaded with it.
- Rule-Abiding Rebel: Inverted. This movie tries to show that there is nothing disturbing about being a transvestite or transsexual — that they really could be rule-abiding. The strangeness of this film completely ruins the effect.
- So Bad, It's Good: In large part thanks to Bela Lugosi's monologues.
- Took the Bad Film Seriously