YMMV: Gentleman Bastard
- Captain Obvious Reveal: In the second book, Jean was just conning the mooks and isn't betraying Locke. Who really fell for that one?
- Cry for the Devil: Prior to the final duel in Lies, readers are treated to a section from the perspective of the Gray King. While it in no way excuses his actions, his lifelong trauma is made very clear - and with his scheme failing utterly and his family and crew all dead, he's essentially lost every reason he ever had to live. Twice.
- Genius Bonus: Camorr was no doubt named for the Camorra, a different mafia crime syndicate/secret society whose organizational structure is more horizontal than vertical. Like Camorra clans, Camorr gangs are independent of one another, aside from being under Barsavi.
- Magnificent Bastard: Practically everyone.
- Squick: Selendri's disfiguration and Requin's revenge. Also, the horse urine thing.
- Tear Jerker:
- The scene of Bug's death.
- Ezri's Heroic Sacrifice