Tropers Online: 4,242
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Gentleman Bastard
- Captain Obvious Reveal: In the second book, Jean was just conning the mooks and isn't betraying Locke. Who really fell for that one?
- Cry for the Devil: Prior to the final duel in Lies, readers are treated to a section from the perspective of the Gray King. While it in no way excuses his actions, his lifelong trauma is made very clear - and with his scheme failing utterly and his family and crew all dead, he's essentially lost every reason he ever had to live. Twice.
- Magnificent Bastard: Practically everyone.
- Squick: Selendri's disfiguration and Requin's revenge. Also, the horse urine thing.
- Tear Jerker:
- The scene of Bug's death.
- Ezri's Heroic Sacrifice