YMMV: Felix the Cat
- Broken Base: The reception of the post-silent era Felix cartoons are contested among the fanbase, particularly in regards to the TV-era Felix cartoons.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Winston Sharples' energetic and dramatic music scores are considered one of the best elements of the Van Beuren and TV Felix cartoons.
- Mainstream Obscurity: Felix is far from a forgotten character today, but not that many people have seen his cartoons outside of baby boomers and animation buffs, not helping that he hasn't starred in any major new works in decades.
- My Real Daddy: While the bulk of the franchise up to the TV shorts attributes Felix as a creation of cartoonist Pat Sullivan, almost everybody today recognizes Otto Messmer as the real person behind Felix's creation and success.
- No Problem with Licensed Games: There exists a Felix video game for the NES and Game Boy, and both happen to be surprisingly enjoyable Mario clones, with fun gameplay and appealing graphics and music.
- Signature Scene: Felix's "Thinking Walk", which is frequently used throughout his cartoons. It was even reused in the Van Beuren and Joe Oriolo TV cartoons!