- Cliché Storm: Some of the most prominent 80's action movie cliches show up.
- Complete Monster: Hammer the Exterminator, from 1990, is a mercenary hired by the Manhattan Corporation to capture, and later eliminate, Anne after she runs away to the Bronx. Coming into confrontation with The Riders gang, Anne's rescuers, he kills two of its members and begins paying off other members to turn on one another. In an attempt to cause a gang brawl between The Riders and The Ogres, Hammer kills a member of The Ogres and frames Trash for the murder. At the film's climax, Hammer, deciding to Leave No Survivors, attacks a festival full of people, having his men burn everyone in sight alive.
- Designated Hero:
- Trash's motivations are never made particularly clear, but Strike is a vicious mercenary who uses his own son as an accomplice and Dablone wants to run crime in the Bronx (and thus opposes the directive to rebuild it with, you know, schools and hospitals).
- Of course, considering the guys who want to build those schools and hospitals are perfectly happy to murder any and all opposition... somehow this trope still applies. Amazing what Black and Grey Morality can do, ain't it?
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Who is the real star of this movie, eh? Not the Trash, or even the rat lady! It is only I, DABLONE!!! AH-HA-HA-HA-HA!
- Fan Nickname: Thanks to Mystery Science Theater 3000, Dablone's Mondegreen nickname is Toblerone.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Trash, Junior, and Strike have something that should be Friendship Moment when they say good-bye at the end with Jack even acting cute and silly. While standing in the middle of dozens upon dozens of death mooks and bodies of their fallen comrades.
- First Installment Wins: A partial aversion. Thanks to the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode, most people were largely unaware that Escape 2000 was actually a sequel. 1990: The Bronx Warriors obscurity back in the day didn't help its case either. Today, the sequel is more widely known because of it.
- There is a reason this page 90% about Escape 2000 despite being a page for both movies.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Perhaps only on this website, but have we ever given so much attention to a character other than DABLONE?! HIJO DE LA PUTA!
- We have, actually. DABLONE (HA-HA!) is one of a trio with CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM! and CAPTAIN GORDON, DEFENDER OF EARTH! If all three were put into the same room, the universe would collapse in on itself as a Big Bang of awesomeness took its place, and BRIAN BLESSED would be the first man they created for the new world.
- Don't forget to LEAVE THE BRONX!
- Special Effects Failure:
- In a scene near the beginning, some goons are in a helicopter flying over THE BRONX. In the flyover, we can see traffic moving through an obviously-not-ruined THE BRONX.
- When Hoffman's car gets exploded by a grenade, it's painfully obvious that it's a just a plastic model blowing up.
- The building demolition looks faker than most Japanese kaiju movies.
- The awkwardly falling dummy that tumbles out of the exploding helicopter is a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Strawman Has a Point:
Rat Woman: [about Junior] You keep him buried down here?
Strike: Why, is up there better?
[Cut to Clark's limo driving past a public park in Manhattan.]\\