The musical band:
- Awesome Music: The entirety of In the Nightside Eclipse, which routinely tops "Best Black Metal Albums Ever" lists as well as being the Trope Codifier for Symphonic Black Metal.
- Really, all of their albums, Broken Base aside. Emperor was an astonishingly consistent band.
- Broken Base: The fandom's stance on the more progressive direction the band took after Anthems.
- It doesn't help that many fans feel uncomfortable about aspects of the band's past. Both Samoth and Faust have both done prison time at some point or another, Faust having done his for murdering a gay man which he still has no real remorse about. Ihsahn also expressed Social Darwinist views in interviews, claimed that Christianity was a religion for weak people and even justified the Norwegian church burnings.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The ending of "Inno A Satana" from their performance at Wacken 2014. Ihsahn and live keyboardist/vocalist Einar Solberg perform a vocal harmony where Einar ends up pulling off a superb type 4 Metal Scream.
- Epic Riff: Lots of them. The main riff of "Ye Entrancemperium" stands out, though, which shouldn't be a surprise since it was composed by Euronymous.
- Even Better Sequel: The more Progressive Metal oriented section of the band's fanbase feel that Prometheus is their best work. Some fans also prefer Anthems due to the more polished sound.
- Face of the Band: Ihsahn.
- First Installment Wins: In the Nightside Eclipse was their first album, as well as their most beloved and influential.
- Signature Song: "I Am the Black Wizards."
- Tough Act to Follow: Some believed this was the reason Zyklon wasn't a worthy successor, despite both being very different.
The Fan Fic:
- Crazy Awesome: many things. Especially, when Oliver Wood (an officer in the Northern Sun's Army) Apparates to some point in the sky to check on enemy positions and then stops his descent using magic.