The musical band:
- Awesome Music: The entirety of In the Nightside Eclipse, which routinely tops "Best Black Metal Albums Ever" lists as well as being the Trope Codifier for Symphonic Black Metal.
- Really, all of their albums, Broken Base aside. Emperor was an astonishingly consistent band.
- Broken Base: The fandom's stance on the more progressive direction the band took after Anthems.
- Epic Riff: Lots of them. The main riff of "Ye Entrancemperium" stands out, though, which shouldn't be a surprise since it was composed by Euronymous.
- Face of the Band: Ihsahn.
- First Installment Wins: In the Nightside Eclipse was their first album, as well as their most beloved and influential.
- Magnum Opus: Either In the Nightside Eclipse or Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk, depending on who you ask. The former is generally a bit more favored in this regard though.
- Signature Song: "I Am the Black Wizards."
- Tough Act to Follow: Some believed this was the reason Zyklon wasn't a worthy successor, despite both being very different.