For the animated series:
- Cliché Storm: Though the characters more than made up for it.
- Ear Worm: The series' theme song.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Shareena
- Toy Ship: Shareena and Emmitt. All the friends had histories dealing with each other's quirks, but a few of Emmitt's charismatic yet comically misled moments really brought out the snark in Shareena.
For the film:
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The second half of the film is practically a Big Lipped Alligator Movie.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A girl named Taylor gets thrown out a window and lands on top of a car in a film directed by Joseph Kahn. Is this the opening scene of Detention, or the opening of the video for "Bad Blood"? (Though in the latter case, she gets better.)
- Hollywood Homely: Toyed with. Riley's club foot and clumseyness may be a reference to the high school film cliche.
- One-Scene Wonder: Taylor Fisher. She would have become The Scrappy if she had gotten more than one scene... but oh, what a scene.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Taylor Fisher. A lot of the movie's haters considered her to be the only funny part and wish she'd lasted longer.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?