- Awesome Music: Most of the music is good...the fan-favourite part though is when Britney sings freestyle and soulfully to Ben while in the shack with the piano in Arizona.
- Idiot Plot: Lampshaded that they got in a car with someone they thought killed a man.
- Shaggy Dog Story: All three girls set out with a specific goal in mind; Lucy to reconnect with her mother who abandoned her, Kit to visit her fiance and Mimi to pursue a singing career. Lucy's mother tells her she was a mistake and never wanted her, Kit discovers her fiance cheating and not only is Mimi upstaged by Lucy's superior voice, but she also loses her baby.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The Power of Friendship and Be Yourself is played into this movie, extensively...
- Tear Jerker: Whenever Lucy cries, Mimi and Kit also have moments.
- Unfortunate Implications: Why would Ben be mad at Lucy for almost getting raped by a random guy?