YMMV: Beanie Babies
- Adaptation Displacement: Ty, Inc. had a plush toy line since 1986, which was gradually phased out once Beanie Babies became popular.
- They still have a plush toy line called "Classic Ty". It's just that they're not as well-known.
- Funny Moments: Runner the Mongoose's "mean poem":
I'm not so mean, I'm really shyBut every cobra has to dieI grab them by their little headAnd whack them till they're stone cold dead!!
- Older Than They Think: The craze really took off in 1995-1996, but the toys themselves had been around since 1993. Ty, Inc. had been selling plush toys for a good seven years before that.
- Painful Rhyme: The rhymes in the poems are often very rudimentary or obtuse. Perhaps the most egregious is a bear named The End, whose poem tries to pass off "to an end" and "everyone" as a rhyme.
- Tear Jerker: The End Bear's poem.
- They Just Didn't Care: A possible explanation for the monkey business they pulled with Iggy the Iguana and Rainbow the Chameleon. The first Iggy was rainbow-colored and the first Rainbow was blue and green (despite its poem calling it a "colorful fellow"). The two kept switching fabric and tags back and forth for a while before it was finally straightened out to have Rainbow in rainbow colors and Iggy in blue and green.