YMMV: Andrew W.K.
- 8.8: Pitchfork's infamous 0.6 score for I Get Wet. 10 years later, they bumped it to an 8.6 for a re-release and added
Let me get it out of the way and welcome everyone who clicked here with the sole hope of witnessing Pitchfork's biggest statistical mea culpa ever. Ten years is a long time for sour grapes to ferment, and I hope they're delicious.
- Broken Base: After he announced to his followers that he's a brony, many fans did not and would not accept it.
- His involvement in promoting CN Real also counts as this.
- Crazy Awesome: Exhibit A: you know why he has a broken nose on the cover of I Get Wet? He smashed his own face with a fraggin' brick. Yeah.note
- Ear Worm: Everything on I Get Wet. EVERYTHING.
- WHEN IT'S TIME TO PARTY, WE WILL PARTY HARD
- Epic Riff: It feels like Andrew's pumped out a bajillion of these.
- "Party Hard" features two of these prominently featured, each of which could've easily been their own song.
- Epileptic Trees: There's a conspiracy theory about Andrew being a character played by multiple people and that he's actually a Stealth Parody or just a corporate ploy to make money. The "evidence" is that he seems to have a different appearance after 2005,◊ and that the original Andrew W.K. disappeared and was never seen again after being taken off stage at a show. Easily disproven by comparing the cover of ''I Get Wet''◊ to the photos on the right. It's the same guy.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: All of his albums have charted highest in Japan, and Japan has received several exclusive albums.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: Normally, he's covered from head to toe in dirt, sweat, and party and could use a shower and a shave. Yeah.◊
- Memetic Mutation:
- Nightmare Fuel: As a teenager, he wrote a song called "My Destiny" for a girl he had a crush on. Said song led to her getting a restraining order against him. He only made the song available to listen to in 2010, as it became a rather dark Old Shame. In his own words:
"Aged 17, I set about writing a song for a girl I was obsessed with. When she heard it, she called the police. Have a listen � you'll understand why"
- One of Us:
- The man put out a tribute album to Mobile Suit Gundam.
- He showed up on 4chan's /mu/ board once.note
- He's a brony. Can you guess his favorite pony?note
- He once tweeted, "Role-playing games count as partying."
- He is also a Furry apparently, having even commissioned several well known fandom artists to draw his fursona, a wolf named Party Animal based on his I Get Wet cover.
- Signature Song: Unquestionably, "Party Hard".
- Squick: Sometimes he'll tweet stuff like this.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Reviews of The Wolf were mixed since the overall tempo of the album was slower than on its more famous predecessor, I Get Wet.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Andrew's silky-smooth baritone would've been a perfect accompaniment to the piano pieces on 55 Cadillac, but the album is entirely instrumental.
- Vindicated by History: Pitchfork's review of I Get Wet upon release was a dismal 0.6. However, the tenth anniversary received a far warmer 8.6, along with a Best New Reissue award. See 8.8 above.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?