Western Animation: The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang
The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang was an animated spin-off of Happy Days produced by Hanna-Barbera for ABC. Fonz, Richie and Ralph, plus talking dog Mr. Cool and Cupcake, a girl from the future travel through time. Yes, it was real, and it went on for two seasons. Running from November, 1980 to November, 1981.It's often regarded as one of the worst cartoon series concepts thought up and a contender for Hanna-Barbera's Parvum Opus.
- Animated Adaptation: Three main characters of Happy Days appear as the main cast, Fonz, Ralph and Richie, just to cash in on the popularity of this show.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Mr. Cool.
- The Dark Age of Animation: Pitch dark we must say.
- Expy: Cupcake is one of the Doctor, and for good reason — the show was originally planned as a US Animated Adaptation of Doctor Who.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Cupcake's magic tricks always failed.
- Formally Named Pet: Mr. Cool.
- Four Legs Good, Two Legs Better: Mr. Cool, despite being a dog, walks around on his hind legs.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Whenever the Fonz met an attractive woman Cupcake got jealous.
- Opening Narration: By Wolfman Jack.
- Percussive Maintenance: Fonzie's schtick is carried over from the original Happy Days.
- Pun-Based Title: Every episode title was an Incredibly Lame Pun: "May The Farce Be With You", "The Vampire Strikes Back", "You'll Never Get Witch", "Gone With The Wand", "Greece is the Word", "Fjords and Sorcery",...
- Small Annoying Creature: Mr. Cool, a dog voiced by Frank Welker, speaks in a growly squeaky voice similar to Scooby-Doo, but is similar in stature and character to Scrappy-Doo.
- The Stoic: The Fonz is so cool that he doesn't fear any danger.
- Talking Animal: Much like Scooby-Doo Mr. Cool talks in a growly voice that sounds like barking, but you can still make out what he says.
- Time Travel: Every episode the characters tried to travel back to their own time period, but ended up in another period of history instead. Some episodes were set in the historical past (Ancient Rome, Middle Ages,...), but others in the far future to create some science fiction fantasies.