is a 1942 Mickey Mouse
short. In premise, it is similar to The Band Concert
, although things take a much different turn for the worse.
Mickey stars as the conductor of an orchestra sponsored by "Sylvester Macaroni" (played by Pete
). Macaroni loves the orchestra's rehearsal of von Suppe's "Light Cavalry Overture", but after the instruments and Goofy
have an encounter with an elevator, the live performance quickly becomes an unmitigated disaster.
Tropes present in this short include:
- Brown Note: Dear lord, the entire performance compared with how the song actually sounds.
- Chewing the Scenery: Quite literally as "Sylvester Macaroni" reacts to the horrible performance.
- The Determinator: Mickey.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Sure, Goofy wrecks the instruments, but the audience loves it anyway.
- OOC Is Serious Business: The infamous moment in the short where Mickey, in a desperate effort to keep Donald from walking out on the concert, blocks his path and holds him at gunpoint.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Donald attempts this after everything goes wrong, but Mickey forces him at gunpoint to keep playing.
- Stop or I Will Shoot!: In one of the funnier moments of the short, Mickey stops Donald from leaving by pulling a gun on him.
- The Show Must Go On: Mickey is one determined conductor.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Clara Cluck was only around for the rehearsal, she wasn't seen at all at the live performance.