Website / Regretsy
is a website specifically created for the purpose of poking fun at horrendous creations on Etsy
. Ranging from the hilarious to the horrifying, no creation is spared from the unbridled snark
of Helen Killernote
, the genius behind the site.
This website contains examples of:
- Berserk Button: Etsy resellers.
- Blatant Lies: Some sellers claim that some items are handmade when they clearly are not.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Evidently, some of the crafters featured on Regretsy, as their creations can attest.
- Deadpan Snarker: Helen Killer.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: And how.
- Giftedly Bad: Most of the "artists" and "crafters" featured on Regretsy.
- Grammar Nazi: Helen Killer and most of the site's commentors. Not that you can blame them.
- Hurricane of Puns: Tends to show up now and then, with various commentors playing off each other.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The whole of Regretsy. They won't hesitate to make fun of crafters and their creations, but they have helped many struggling Etsyians through various means; usually through their charity shop, April's Army.
- Insult Backfire: E-mail and Facebook butthurt are common from the more sensitive sellers featured on the site. However, neither Helen nor the commenters tend to get too upset by this. In fact, one such insult was adopted as a nickname for Regretsy fans—fat jealous losers.
- Polish The Turd: A favored marketing strategy by some sellers, who often give their item descriptions that are annoying, to say the least.
- Purple Prose: Some sellers are fond of using it.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: It's "you're", not "your".
- Regretsy has a whole category dedicated to things that are NOT Steam Punk.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma
- Web First
- World of Snark: Most of the commentors seem to be Deadpan Snarkers. Combine that with a Deadpan Snarker of a creator and you get this trope.