Website / Fight A Base
is a website cataloging pretty much every fighting video game
known to man. The site was developed by an individual known as "Fenix" and has many notable contributors with quirky personalities. Some of the more prominent of which are:
Fenix: The webmaster/site guru himself. Frequently frustrated by the site's tendency to break without provocation.
Apparent man of many aliases and vocations. Runs the Fight-A-Base Facebook
page, also specializes in obscure crap.
Dialogue guru that seems to have a thing
redmankilla: Fond of movelist submission.
Prefers obscure oddball fighting games such as Battle Monsters
. Is part of the M.U.G.E.N
community, having made a number of things for it including Alter Amiba, an edit of Amiba from Fist of the North Star
(Ironically a sprite edit of Toki) which is now the de facto mascot of Salty Bet
Coola Yagami: Prominent reviewer.
Tropes demonstrated by the site and submitters include:
- Black and Nerdy: Fenix
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Several attempted submitters that obsess over strange details such as a character's bust size (or lack thereof), a character's portrayal in Fan-Art, or are just plain nonsensical.
- There's also Michael Simpson, who is not known to be any of the contributors, but prominently asks bizarre questions/requests on the Facebook page.
- arringtastic(insert random number here) is almost an Eldritch Abomination. After months of submitting fake information and non-image files as images, she pretended to not be fluent in English, but instead Spanish when confronted, then when confronted by someone who spoke Spanish, she made just as little sense. Still attempts to submit information despite insistence that nothing she submits will ever be approved, and she also stalks and threatens other members of the site.
- Game Engine: Fenix created Ultimate Fighting Game engine, an alternative to M.U.G.E.N / Fighter Maker.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: True to his name, *riot_iori* seems to get ticked off at a lot of things - including his inclusion to this trope.
- M.U.G.E.N: Melvana is part of the Mugen community and has made a number of, for want of better word, bizarre creations, up to and including Heart Heat Harn, Alter Amiba (Think of Amiba if he had snapped), Billy Two-Moons and collaborated with The_None on an Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy (as in the SEGA Mega Drive ROM hack) sprited Shang Tsung with a...unique playstyle.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The S claims to be an anti-fraud agent, ordained minister, voice actor, and a Ninjutsu practitioner.
- Real-Life Relative: Minor contributor XavierBeFree is The S's brother.
- Shout-Out: Many of the tags on characters/stages/games, et cetera are named after popular culture references, including "the_distant_future", "on_a_boat", and "trainspotting".
- Voice Actors: pokejedservo and The S both have experience in this.
- Wiki Walk: A given, considering how much content is on the site.