) is a website cataloging pretty much every fighting video game
known to man. The site was developed by an individual known as "Fenix" and has many notable contributors with quirky personalities. Some of the more prominent of which are:
Fenix: The webmaster/site guru himself. Frequently frustrated by the site's tendency to break without provocation.
Apparent man of many aliases and vocations. Runs the Fight-A-Base Face Book
page, also specializes in obscure crap.
Dialogue guru that seems to have a thing
redmankilla: Fond of movelist submission.
Prefers obscure oddball fighting games such as Battle Monsters
. Is part of the M.U.G.E.N
community, having made a number of things for it.
Coola Yagami: Prominent reviewer.
Tropes demonstrated by the site and submitters include:
- Blackand Nerdy: Fenix
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Several attempted submitters that obsess over strange details such as a character's bust size (or lack thereof), a character's portrayal in Fan Art, or are just plain nonsensical.
- There's also Michael Simpson, who is not known to be any of the contributors, but prominently asks bizarre questions/requests on the Face Book page.
- Game Engine: Fenix created Ultimate Fighting Game engine, an alternative to M.U.G.E.N / Fighter Maker.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: True to his name, *riot_iori* seems to get ticked off at a lot of things - including his inclusion to this trope.
- Happily Married: Fenix
- M.U.G.E.N: Melvana is part of the Mugen community and has made a number of, for want of better word, bizarre creations, up to and including Heart Heat Harn, Alter Amiba (Think of Amiba if he had snapped), Billy Two-Moons and collaborated with The_None on an Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy (as in the SEGA Mega Drive ROM hack) sprited Shang Tsung with a...unique playstyle.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The S claims to be an anti-fraud agent, ordained minister, voice actor, and a Ninjutsu practitioner.
- Real-Life Relative: Minor contributor XavierBeFree is The S's brother.
- Shout Out: Many of the tags on characters/stages/games, et cetera are named after popular culture references, including "the_distant_future", "on_a_boat", and "".
- Voice Actors: pokejedservo and The S both have experience in this.
- Wiki Walk: A given, considering how much content is on the site.