Webcomic: Zombie Roomie
Zombie Roomie is a comedy webcomic about unusual roommates.John was looking for someone to split the cost of rent but got more than he bargained for when George, a zombie, became his roommate.For information regarding various cast members check out this page: Zombie Roomie characters.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- Abandoned Info Page: The about page is constantly in need up updating. Frequently the character portraits are at least two redesigns prior to their current version.
- Accidental Murder: Hunter the zombie hunter, accidentally shoots John and kills him.
- Art Evolution: In addition to gradual style changes there have been several major shifts during the course of the archive.
- Author Avatar: John Ericsson was originally designed for a different comic that the creator was going to do— That comic was to be about the creator and his real life friends. When Zombie Roomie was thought up he added his look/name to the Straight Man character to be a balance to the skinny and shorter George.
- Boy Meets Ghoul: Well, girl meets zombie... Zoey and George's unconventional relationship.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: On a few occasions the characters, typically John and George have referenced the fact that they're in a comic strip. Including a brief arc where they went on strike due to not wanting to do the joke for the day.
- Color-Coded Characters: John's color is orange. George is grey and sometimes blue. Many of the monsters also have significant colors to them.
- Fan Disservice: George and John are often shown sans-trousers.
- Gamer Chick: Lizzy Moretti, Zoey's roommate, is the token gamer chick in the comic. She has been seen wearing geek tee's and bikini tops.
- Halloween Cosplay: Each Halloween the characters have had several costumes (Elvis, Night of the Living Dead, The Lich King, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Skull the Troll from PvP).
- Intercontinuity Crossover: John and George appeared as guests on the television show, and comic of the same name, Woody After Hours. During the course of the crossover, John and the producer Isabel hit it off. There appeared to be hints at something happening between them romantically, but timing never worked out for the two.
- Monster Mash: George's friends in the supporting cast make up a traditional Monster Mash. Including a vampire, Frankenstein's monster, a wolfman, a witch, a creature from the Black Lagoon. A ghost was added to the cast but he's not part of that group of friends.
- Monster Roommate: George Agnew, the titular zombie roomie.
- Odd Couple: John and George.
- Our Monsters Are Different: The majority of zombies seen in the comic are not mindless shamblers. They have distinct personalities that carry over from their former lives.
- Perky Goth: Zoey McGillicuddy.
- Remember the New Guy: How Lyn is introduced. She just shows up without warning dating John. Eventually the backstory how the two got together was explored later.
- Super Hero: George adopted the persona of Zombie-man after the apartment was broken into. He had no powers above and beyond a normal zombie, but wore a Batman inspired utility belt and a cape!