Webcomic: You Say It First
You Say It First was a Funny Animal slice-of-life webcomic by husband-and-wife team Terrence and Isabel Marks that ran from Feb. 20, 2004 to Jan. 25, 2013. It was about Brisbane Adams and his wife Kimberly Taylor-Adams. You can read it from the beginning through this link here.It was a sequel to Unlike Minerva, which featured Brisbane and Kimberly in a vaudeville theatre.
- April Fools' Day: 2009's gag was swapping the cast for that of Namir Deiter - and vice-versa - without changing the dialog. 2010 had the characters appear in human form.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Kimberly's parents.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Nipples? What nipples?
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: The entire cast.
- Brainless Beauty: Caleb - though it was never clear if it's true stupidity, overwhelming self-absorption or a combination of the two.
- Call a Rabbit a "Smeerp":
- Character Development: Brisbane and Kimberly are virtually different characters from their time in Unlike Minerva
- Cool Old Lady: Lola. Her vacation photos are of the various wrestling teams that she meets.
- Expy: Robert, Jake, and Sandra are basically furry versions of Carl, Todd, and Shandra of Spare Parts
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have: Lola, Brisbane and Kimberly's landlord. A gray-haired matron openly lusted after by multiple younger men. One of whom moved in with her.
- Mr. Fixit: Brisbane. At one point he fixes the Lounge TV after it sparked. He fixed it so well that it didn't show static anymore to the disappointment of the Lounge Guys. Which he then hit it and it went back to the good old static.
- No Ending: The final strips read more like a chapter wrap-up than a grand finale.
- Shared Universe: YSIF and Namir Deiter take place in the same world. Silver_Blossom, Brisbane's on-line friend in the in-universe MMORPG Final Battle Adventure Online, is played by Joy Satu from ND.
- Theme Naming:
- Musical Theme Naming: Caleb (after Caleb Quaye), Kimberly (after Kimberly Rew of The Soft Boys and Katrina & The Waves), Richard & Sinclair (after Richard Sinclair, of Caravan), Dr. Paul (after the Faine Jade song of the same name)
- Location Theme Naming: Brisbane and his siblings are named after Australian cities.
- Those Two Guys: The Lounge Guys