Universal Compass page 1A new webcomic about a couple teenagers who are thrown into a series of parallel worlds representing 10 emotions.The ten teenagers turn out to be the "Empty Parallels" of each of the most powerful emotional parallels (Anger, sadness, happiness, fascination, love, excitement, fear, peace, and chaos).After being forced through mirrors (the apparent transportation device to the parallel worlds) they are attacked by a few chaos parallels. By either quick thinking or computer programming, the excitable Ione pushes them through a mirror that leads them to the world of sadness.Once there, they find out about the competition between the war and chaos parallels, the ten knights that created the world, the missing emotion (the empty parallels- us), and the odd customs within each parallel world that revolve around the emotion they represent.
Contains examples of:
- All There in the Manual: Contains a huge amount of exposition, which can be found in the comment boxes below the comic pages.
- Art Shift: The characters frequently switch to a deformed version of themselves in some panels.
- Art Evolution: The art experiences a noticeable change throughout the course of the comic. Mostly it's the coloring.
- Captain Obvious: Sachiel. He's pointed out more than once the situation they're in when they're all aware of what just happened.
- Character Tics: Theo tends to fumble over his words when he's not engrossed in explaining something.
- Died Standing Up: Two's sadness parallel, she died by fading away while still standing up.
- Don't Sneak Up On Me Like That: Nyssa punches Kaustos when he walks up behind her while she was zoning out.
- Japanese Ranguage: Heiwa.
- Mirror Universe
- Motifs: Emotions and the symbols that represent them
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Kaustos and Two. Or their anger and sadness parallels, respectively.
- They Died Because of You: Two's sadness parallel tells her she died because Two died.