Nivlac: Well you see, Mr. Mcclain...I am your god.
Aqua: ...Yeah, I'm not buying that.In an experiment created from boredom, the author avatar of Nivlac has been made free of the control of his spirit counterpart. In his freedom, the avatar has switched to the side of evil, and has used his powers to gain control of the universe. It is up to the various cameos to stop him.The Overcoming is a Sprite Comic made by Aqua the Hedgie, which tells the story of Nivlac, an Author Avatar that runs the universe around him as he slowly descends into power hungry madness.As Nivlac descends into madness, the story follows Aqua and several other characters in their attempts to stop him.
Tropes featured in The Overcoming:
- A God Am I: Nivlac is very open about the fact that he is the creator of the entire world around them.
- Author Avatar: Nivlac is known to represent the creator of the comic.
- Author Powers: Nivlac, being the author, has these. He uses them to convince Aqua that he is his god here.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The fourth wall is smashed open in the first page when Nivlac already figures out his position as an author.
- Big Bad: Nivlac himself, as he spends his time causing mayhem to keep his comic interesting.
- Deadpan Snarker: Aqua seems prone to this, constantly judging Nivlac's castle and his powers.
- Does Not Like Spam: Calvin apparently doesn't like pie.
- The Hero: Aqua holds the position of superhero, and is seen to be fighting Niyati, a dangerous person early on in the story.
- Identical Stranger: Calvin and Nivlac.
- Orphaned Punchline: Done on The Descent 5.
- No Fourth Wall: Nivlac, being the author, does not have a fourth wall, and is able to manipulate it at will, seeing between panels, back as many pages as he likes, and even step outside of or through panels at will.
- Shout-Out: "So my foot's stuck in there, right? I'm freaking out, the dog's having a seizure, and I've still got half a pie left."
- Time Skip: A year-long one between the Prologue and Chapter 1.
- Word Of God: Nivlac is known to respond to any and all comments, explaining and screwing with others.
- Written Sound Effect: Used VERY often throughout the comic.