El Color del Cristal
/ The Color of the Crystal
is an originally Spanish Language Completed Labyrinth Fan Fic
and its ongoing English Fan Webcomic
adaptation (generally updates on Saturdays) written and drawn by kiarajareth
It chronicles the story of Sarah's return to the Labyrinth after several years and finding that a lot of things changed since her last visit...
You can find the fanfic here
and the comic begins here
use the previous/next links in the artist comment to navigate.
This Work contains examples of:
- 10-Minute Retirement: Hoggle was on his way to settle down, marry, raise small goblins and have a generally peaceful life when Wallas attacked... and took all the women!
- Animorphism: Jareth still has his barn owl form but also a wolf one.
- Antiquated Linguistics: The fic is deliberately written in antiquated Spanish. So good luck trying to run it through automatic translation engines.
- Berserk Button:
- Calling Jareth a coward is not wise.
- Also implying that Wallas might be wrong is bad for health.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Both Sarah and Toby (he also has Cat Smile occasionally).
- Circling Monologue: This, crossbred with "The Reason You Suck" Speech, is Jareth's reaction to Sarah's return.
- Clever Crows: Wallas has a Crow Honest Advisor.
- Dragon Rider: Wallas' in his entrance.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Jareth sulks about this after saving the others from a dragon.
- Establishing Character Moment: Wallas has one in the flashback panel where he first appeared. He descends riding a dragon and looking very cool.
- Everyone Can See It
- Everything's Better With Sparkles: It's a Labyrinth fanfic, Jareth is in it.
- Fatal Attractor: Sarah returned to the Labyrinth because she felt she always finds the wrong guys so a magical Jerkass must be a step up.
- Genre Blindness: Any ruler of the Labyrinth as Sarah pointed out.
- Genre Savvy: Sarah. Also the CleverCrow advisor of Wallas... he is ignored.
- GIS Syndrome: Some comic pages have photo backgrounds of origin credited in The Rant.
- Glamour: Wallas has this effect on women, who see him. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.
- Glamour Failure: ...Except Sarah.
- Grumpy Bear: Hoggle.
- Hero-Worshipper: Toby finds Jareth very cool. Bordering on Irritation Is the Sincerest Form of Flattery at times.
- Humans Are As Mayflies: The reason Wallas gives why he isn't concerned about that spoiler in the Glamour example... do you want to question him?
- Ignored Expert: The Crow advisor. Yeah, Wallas, just repeat the former king's mistake, when even your Honest Advisor points it out.
- Intangible Man: Jareth does his walking through people trick.
- It Was a Gift: Jareth got his iconic pendant from his father as a gift.
- Large Ham: Both Jareth and Wallas.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: As the fanfic has several sequels (in Spanish) and there are fanarts of S/J children by the author it's not much of a secret how it ends for the readers of the comic.
- Master of Illusion: Jareth could pull off a move he called Illusionary Fear on a freaking dragon.
- Mind over Matter: One of Jareth's numerous powers.
- Never My Fault: According to both Jareth and Sarah it's always the other who starts the bickering.
- Noble Fugitive: Jareth at the beginning of the story and isn't that keen on Sarah's return plan.
- Parental Neglect: Toby mentions that his parents never spend time with him and try to buy his love with gifts. Cue both Jareth and Sarah taking his hand.
- Only Sane Man: Toby of all people.
- Power Floats: Jareth can defy gravity at will.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: A brooding wizard, a self rescuing damsel, a grumpy dwarf, a little kid and a cowardly talking rat-lizard creature. Yep. They fit.
- Small Annoying Creature / Team Pet: Dash, talking rat-lizard muppet thing.
- Smug Snake: Jareth's general attitude.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat / Belligerent Sexual Tension: Jareth and Sarah so much that a reader described their relationship with the #98 rule of the Evil Overlord List.
- Sorcerous Overlord: Wallas.
- Splash of Color: Colored panels mostly indicate genuine romantic moments between the main couple
- Tagalong Kid: Toby.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Jareth really doesn't want to be on this mission at all.
- Witch Species: Jareth and Wallas are identified as wizard and warlock respectively and explicitly not human.