Webcomic: The Becoming
The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth. - Pierre AbelardThe Becoming is a Gothic Steam Punk Fantasy Web Comic by J. Alan Shelton and Douang Khamsitthisack that began in March of 2010.It chronicles the birth of a revolution set in a dying world ruled by a Corrupt Church.It updates Mondays & Thursdays.
The Becoming provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Jeannine Delacroix, a red head with Glowing Eyes is the main protagonist of the series, is certainly a Lady of War.
- Alchemy: The Minister Of Medicine uses Alchemy
- Art Evolution: Art style is influenced by Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy & Vampire Hunter D), Kojima Ayami (Castlevania), and Paul Duffield (FreakAngels).
- Attention Whore: Percival Party
- Back Story: The Call
- Badass Mustache: Captain Belmont, Captain in the Bellac Defense League. His father was the former Chancellor.
- Born Detective: Investigator Dumas, Former member of the BDL. Was put in charge of The Committee for Public Vigilance by the previous Chancellor. Currently the lead on the St. George manhunt.
- Conveniently an Orphan: A Main Character and driving force of the story, Oscar Lebeau, is orphaned as the first chapter begins.
- Heroic Wannabe: St. George, A highwayman roaming the streets of Bellac.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Amelia Blackwood, The Cutie engineer who sometimes takes government contracts.
- Main Characters: Oscar Le Beau, Jeannine Delacroix
- The Pawn: William Pardy, Suffers from “visions” but was saved from execution or exile by the Chancellor on the condition of a chaperone in public at all times.
- Shot at Dawn: Story begins with the death of a mysterious man, his Back Story will soon come to light.
- Steam Punk: From the style of dress to the methods of transportation and beyond - it's mark is all over the series.