Welcome to the Second League
, the club for superheroes who just weren't cool
is a weekly webcomic
written and drawn by Insanity Inside
. It can be found here
Our story begins when a young man called Larry accidentally reveals his secret: he has superpowers. His friend Steve, who turns out to be a superhero himself, persuades him to join the League, a group of wacky superheroes, lead by the mysterious, powerful and slightly disgusting Pooperman...
Or maybe it begins when a boy named Bobby is rescued by Pooperman. A few days later he overhears Larry and Steve's conversation and decides to become Steve's sidekick...
Either way, Hilarity Ensues
Tropes present in Second League
- Animal Superheroes: Super Rat
- Badass Normal: She-Man, Bobby and possibly Lord Anger (Well, he fights Awesomeguy with nothing but a sword and survives)
- Big Damn Heroes: Bobby tries...
- Card-Carrying Villain: Spoofed with Lord Anger
- Catgirl: Kitty
- Deadpan Snarker: Nobody and sometimes Larry
- The Drag-Along: Larry
- Elemental Powers Larry can do interesting things with water
- Evil Teacher: Professor Head
- Freak Lab Accident: One was more of a Freak Toilet-Next-To-The-Lab Accident, another happens to Professor Head, but fails to give him any powers. Also, Super Rat got his powers from being bitten by a mutant superhero.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Larry
- I Just Want to Be Special: Bobby
- Invisibility: Nobody. Either because she's an Imaginary Friend or because people just ignore her.
- Kid Sidekick: Bobby... Well, he tries.
- Killer Yoyo: Here.
- Lawful Stupid: Awesomeguy
- Limited Wardrobe: Bobby probably has several identical green hoodies
- Mad Scientist: Professor Head
- Mind Screw: Who or what is Nobody? If she's even real.
- Only Sane Man: Larry
- Perma Stubble: She-Man (except in Flashbacks). Yeah, yeah, it's supposed to look weird
- Punny Name
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: the League
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Lord Anger
- Rule of Funny
- Rule of Cool: Awsum is pretty much liquid Rule of Cool
- Sliding Scale Of Antiheroes: Mostly types I-III so far. Eventually all types will probably appear.
- Something Person: Pooperman and Fatman and Awesomeguy to name a few
- Tagalong Kid: Bobby
- Unfortunate Names: professor Richard Head
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Awesome?: Professor Head's approach to science
- Wholesome Crossdresser: She-Man