Webcomic / Raptormaniacs
is a Web Comic
by our own troper Albertonykus
. He describes it as "an attempt at a web comic side project with maniraptors
. They express whatever funny or unfunny jokes that turn up inside my head, parody songs
, and occasionally provide a few legitimate scientific facts
."Check it out. Also now available in Askblog form.
This comic provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: In the second strip, at that.
- Ax-Crazy: Savape.
- Bat Out of Hell: Ostrom states they mostly subvert this trope, although he recalled waking up with a bleeding cut on his foot made by a vampire bat (who apparently made a bet that it could drink 30 grams of his blood).
- Big Damn Heroes: Said word-for-word in this strip.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Ebeff and Remex, respectively.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Ostrom does this from time to time.
- Butt Monkey: Ostrom always gets pummeled in conflicts against other creatures. In other times, he is never given a chance to make a kill.
- Cats Are Mean: Dinky certainly thinks so.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Zahavi.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Ostrom will always get beaten up or chased away when pitted against anything bigger than himself, in a Take That! to media depictions of dromaeosaurids being able to kill larger creatures.
- By contrast, Savape can easily kill pretty much anything, regardless of size.
- The Ditz: Dinky and Ebeff.
- Dumb Muscle: Ebeff.
- Subverted with the stegosaurids, as Skull learned the hard way.
- Eats Babies: Savape in the puggles arc.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: On the Askblog. Skull wants them to take over the ocean hall.
- Everything's Better with Platypi: The puggles arc.
- Expository Theme Tune: And one that parodies Animaniacs at that. Enjoy!◊
- Fourth-Wall Mail Slot: The Askblog.
- Infant Immortality: Averted in the puggles arc.
- Literal-Minded: Ebeff, as shown this Askblog.
- Meaningful Name: All of the characters except Zahavi.
- Mind over Matter: Zahavi has been shown to have telekinesis.
- No Fourth Wall: The Askblog.
- Only Sane Man: Ostrom.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Savape is only crow-sized, and yet she can kill anything with ease.
- Prickly Porcupine: Savape states that they, along with armadillos, are difficult for her to eat.
- Raptor Attack:
- Averted by Skull the Eumaniraptor Trio.
- It's played straight once◊, but it was intentional.
- Running Gag: On the Askblog, when asked about opinions about a certain movie, Zahavi will always say "I like the part where everybody exploded."
- Seldom-Seen Species: Jinfengopteryx, Tsaagan, Caudipteryx, and Therizinosaurus. Obscure species also often pop up in the Askblog as well.
- Shown Their Work:
- The strip's maniraptorans are all properly feathered.
- A recent strip featuring a tyrannosaurid correctly shows its fused nasal bones.
- Stock Dinosaurs: Deinonychus and Archaeopteryx. A generic tyrannosaurid and diplodocid appear in a recent strip. Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Dilophosaurus, and Ceratosaurus appear in the museum battle/Rick Roll strip. Many stock dinosaurs are mentioned/referenced on the Askblog.
- Taken for Granite: Zahavi fossilizes in one strip.
- Tyrannosaurus rex: It or a close relative appears in a recent strip.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: No one seems to care when Zahavi fossilizes or lifts objects with his mind. They even seem slightly annoyed at it.
- Wolverine Claws: Ebeff.
- Yet Another Christmas Carol: The Christmas Caudipteryx arc.