Webcomic: No Songs For The Dead
No Songs For The Dead
is a fantasy webcomic, which started in April 21st 2011. The comic is a mix of urban fantasy and mystery, with some very light horror elements thrown in.
The comic follows Hector, a man who one day wakes up in a casket and realizes he's dead, and has no recollection of his past life. Things get only more mysterious as several parties show interest in Hector, including a woman claiming to be his wife, an ex-convict with lightning powers and a mysterious seer.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Amnesiac Lover: Miranda and Hector used to be married and very much in love while Hector was alive, but he has no recollection of this, or anything of his previous life. Miranda however is still in love with him and tries to get him to remember his feelings.
- Big Bad: Lilith, the mysterious mother of the Lilim, is pulling the Lilim's strings in the shadows, to bring about her resurrection.
- Lightning Bruiser: Romeo is a fast fella who packs a thunderous punch. Literally. Romeo could also be considered an Anti-Villain or Ambiguously Evil as he is after Miranda as revenge for her ruining the ritual to bring back Romeo's wife and to stop her from resurrecting Lilith, which would lead to thousands of innocents dying.
- Only One Name: Hector, Romeo, Lilith and others currently only have one name.
- The Gloves Come Off: Romeo has had his chance, threatened things enough... Now it's Mir's turn, and she's not very happy with him... She might have been going easy on him before, but with Hector's head on the ground, it's go time.