Lily: So, what's this I hear about you going out with someone?
Atali: Do you remember the blonde guy from the other day?
Lily: The bully?
Atali: Yeah, Brian. He asked me out.
Lily: AND YOU SAID YES?!
Atali: Yes, I did! He just seemed so kind and understanding.
Lily: Sounds like a regular prince charming...Destiny Fails Us is a Slice-of-Life Webcomic series that follows a Idril Ar'Feinel and her friends, throughout their final years of high school.Idril is a shy clumsy girl who likes to play video games. Alaska is the loud, violent girl, who goes through phases with obsessions, quite heavily. Atali is the innocent, kind girl with cat ears. She's a bit naive, but her intentions are always good. And Lily, if you can ever pry her away from her cell phone, is the popular 'pretty girl.' She even has a fan club.Idril has been best friends with Vincent Valare since they were little, and she's fallen for him. However, when his best friend likes Idril as well, what will become of the situation?
- A-Cup Angst: Alaska wishes she were as big as Idril.
- Asleep in Class: Alaska, on a daily basis. If she shows up to class, at all.
- Big Breast Pride: Idril resents her large breasts at first, but once everyone knows about it she later starts to feel proud of them.
- Blush Sticker: Alaska portrays this trope in almost every comic she appears in.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Idril. She learns ways to get past bringing home her parent's her real report card, just so she can have a few hours of playing more video games.
- Childhood Friends: Idril and Vincent.
- Color-Coded Characters: All the characters have one (Idril's Pink, Lily's Blue, Alaska's Purple/Teal, Atali's Light Green, Vincent's Dark Green, James's Red, Nicolette's Yellow, and Samson is Orange.).
- Color Failure: Samson loses his color whenever he embarrasses himself in front of Lily.
- Conveniently Seated: The girls all sit next to each other. In one row, Atali sits in front of Idril who sits in front of Lily. Lily sits next to Alaska. Idril also has a perfect view in between classmates to view Vincent without obstacle.
- Cute Sports Club Manager: During the winter season, Atali is the basketball team's manager.
- D-Cup Distress: Idril often wears baggy shirts to hide her bosom, but they eventually pop out one morning and she can no longer hide them. At first she resents them after that incident, but then starts to express pride in having them.
- Girlish Pigtails: Idril for cuteness.
- Gym Class Hell: Being an incredible klutz and always PickedLast, Idril hates Gym Class. However, Brian, the JerkJock has no problem with gym, and enjoys making fun of Idril.
- Hair Decorations: Idril's Red Bows in her Pigtails, Alaska's Big Green Ribbon, Atali's Cat Ears, Lily's Layered Hair.
- Instant Fan Club: Lily has one because she's pretty.
- Japanese School Club: The character's uniforms are dictated by which clubs they are a part in. Idril is in a Art club, her divisions are drawing in winter and photography in summer. Alaska and Atali are in Sports clubs. Alaska is on the female Basketball Team in Winter, and Female Volleyball Team in Summer. Atali is the Manager for the Female Basketball Team in Winter, but she changes clubs in Summer and joins the Debate Team. Lily is on the Student Council, where she is Vice President. The President is "One-Hit-Wonder-Boy" and the Advisor is Mr. Sly.
- Mysterious Teacher's Lounge: Samson broke into the Teacher's Lounge to change names around for their upcoming project. Only to get caught by Mr. Sly.
- Only Six Faces: Everyone in the class looks different despite having almost the same facial features because of hairstyles.
- Passing Notes in Class: Samson passes a note to Idril to meet up after class and discuss a deal.
- Sailor Fuku: Used for school uniforms and dictated by club.