Webcomic / Code Crimson
The Code Crimson
is an ongoing scifi comic blending adorable art with brutal violence, complicated characters, and alien espionage. When Serena, a quiet librarian, starts hearing a paranoid voice in her head, her nightmares of alien attacks all begin to come true. Her best friend Fitz discovers her secret, and together they escape to unravel a menacing conspiracy stretching across time and space. It's what would happen if The Powerpuff Girls
, Quentin Tarantino
, and Doctor Who
had a threesome. Updates every Wednesday.
The Code Crimson contains examples of
- Alien Blood: Issue 1 has some tentacle boys who leave splatters of green blood.
- Duality Motif: One red eye and one grey eye, depending on who's in charge at the moment.
- Gay Best Friend: Fitz to Serena, though subverted in that he's hardly camp, we meet Fitz's ex boyfriend early on, and it's Serena who gives him romantic advice, not the other way around. She's the one who never seems to date.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Played with in Issue 1 during Miguel's surprise death. We see silhouettes of the murder, followed by a sneering blood-splattered reaction shot, and then his bloody corpse awash in a sea of blood. So much blood...
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Or half the woman, in this case.
- Kaleidoscope Eyes: Whenever Serena's right eye turns red, bad stuff is about to go down.
- Overdrawn at the Blood Bank: Used often for artistic affect during killing sprees. Even showed up using sprockets instead of blood during a robot battle.
- Secret Identity Identity: Hints of this from the very start, as Serena is haunted by a voice in her head. Confirmed halfway through Issue 1.
- Sharing a Body: The protagonist has an ongoing case of this, with two very distinctive personalities.
- Starfish Aliens: So many tentacles...
- Title Drop: The title of every issue is also a line in the comic.