Tropes found in Eldair
- Alternative Calendar: Eldair has 405 days in a year compared to Earth's 365. Koe also mentions being familiar with several forms of calendar, but not the one Embera mentions, since she's from Earth.
- Astral Projection: How Koe manifests while observing the past. He can walk to different places and watch, but can't interact or communicate with anyone.
- Astrologer: Koe seems to be one, using his gazing pool to read the stars, which is how he is able to see Embera's past.
- Art Shift: Often used when someone is telling legends of Eldair. Inspired by Inuit art.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Indri, Embera and Iva, respectively.
- Burning with Anger: Kian after Hallren sends him on a patrol to find the shadow creature.
- Creation Myth: The comic begins with a telling of how the God and Goddess created Eldair and planted their children on it. Later another one is heard from the Elves perspective.
- Face Palm: Iva's reaction to Indri claiming to be afraid of snakes.Iva: Indiana Jones? Now? Really?
- Fangirl: Indri is a fan of Harrison Ford, and has a tendency to tell stories about her "Uncle Indy".
- Finger Twitching Revival: The first sign of life Embera shows after Koe brings her to his home.
- How We Got Here: The story starts with Koe finding Embera injured and then using some kind of scrying to see where she came from and what happened.
- Jerkass: Hallren spends his time basically being unpleasant to everyone.
- Mathematician's Answer: An exchange seen here.Indri: I like a man who's good at what he does.
Kian: Being a cad? Or using my muscles for dubious purposes?
- Mistaken for Gods: When the girls first arrive on Eldair, they are mistaken for angels by Princess Hamara's company due to emerging from some sacred pools and Hamara having dreams of their arrival.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The elves' mounts are some kind of horse-deer-goat things.
- Our Demons Are Different: They appear to be of the Living Shadow / Eldritch Abomination variety, appearing as shapeless blobs of darkness.
- Really 700 Years Old: Koe explains that he's a sorcerer and has studied magic for centuries.
- The Three Faces of Eve:
- Embera is the child, quiet and sensitive, a bit naive at times.
- Iva is the wife, dutiful, sensible, caring and responsible.
- Indri is the seductress, and she practices being one virtually every time she and Kian are together.
- Shout-Out: Side characters in "The Razing" are named after characters in Attack on Titan. It doesn't end well for them.
- Trapped in Another World: The girls are snatched away from Earth and deposited on Eldair.
- Troubled Fetal Position: Embera hides under a bed when she curls up into one.
- Walk on Water: Koe seems to do this when bringing Embera to his gazing pool.
- Word of God: Jemma and Rachel often have comments below the pages.
- You Can See Me?: While watching the ceremony granting the girls the Goddess' blessing, Koe is surprised when the Goddess turns to him and offers him her blessing as well.