Webcomic: Ball And Chain
A webcomic by Super-Chi that can be found here on Smackjeeves and also on Deviantart. Taking place several years after a nuclear disaster, Ball and Chain focuses on Sliver, a girl with blank white eyes who competes in the Devil's Playground gladiatorial arena while her father acts as her manager, and Dorioth, the pickpocket who helps her escape. The webcomic has a very striking visual style, being almost entirely monochrome except for a few things, such as Sliver's bright red hair or the blue energy blasts from Dorioth's weapon.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Sliver's adoptive dad, Vidoc. Forcing your daughter to fight in to-the-death gladiator matches most definitely qualifies.
- Action Girl: Sliver
- Berserk Button: Sliver does not like it when you shoplift from the store she works at.
- Clingy Macguffin: Dorioth's transforming gloves.
- Epic Flail: Sliver's weapon of choice.
- Extra Eyes: Dahlia has a third eye in the middle of her back.
- Fantastic Racism: There is some towards so-called "nuclear babies" such as Sliver or Dahlia.
- Hypnotic Eyes: Sliver has this ability, but so far it's only been shown to work on animals.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: Lampshaded and justified as it being due to Vidoc mostly hiring stuntmen as his goons.
- Improvised Weapon: Dorioth uses Sliver's violin. Sliver is none too happy about this.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Lollipop Girl's power, channeled through sound holes (not mouths) in her hands. It proves to be very effective
- Morph Weapon: See swiss army weapon.
- Not Quite Dead: Vidoc.
- Prophet Eyes: Sliver has them.
- Self-Made Orphan: Sliver, or so she thought.
- Straw Nihilist: Ladies and gentlemen, Nihilist Greg!
- Swiss Army Weapon: Dorioth's weapon of choice.
- Time Skip: Throughout the first part of chapter two.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Hooker at first, and later Dahlia with her purple hair.
- You Must Be Cold: Dorioth to Sliver.