Web Video: The Website Is Down
The Website Is Down
is a rarely updated web series of videos that feature the System Administrator, Derrick, and a Sales Associate, Chip, at a fictional company named Plastroltech. The videos feature a combination of Derrick dealing with the tech problems that pop up at Plastroltech in the laziest manner possible, and Chip often creating those problems by being the computer user from every IT Tech Support's nightmares.
The first episode, made in 2008, was actually a mashup of several real-life IT horror stories rolled up into one, with actors recreating the circumstances of those stories. Currently there are four main episodes, one half episode that is to be continued in a future release, and one short to celebrate the first episode winning a webby.
Videos of The Website Is Down:
- Episode One - Sales Guy VS Web Dude — Chip calls Derrick to explain that the company website is down and gets him to reboot the server. When it turns out the website was working in the first place, Derrick has to navigate a complicated maze of explaining his actions and getting the website working again while also helping Chip with his problems before his sales call.
- Special Webby Episode — Chip wins a webby for the video of his sales call and shows it off to Derrick.
- Episode Two - Excel Hell — Chip downloads a 'MILF on MILF action' program that ends up being a virus which unleashes an endless stream of popups on his computer. Meanwhile, his sale to BoZargs is held up by problems adding to his spreadsheet, and he has to call Derrick during lunch for application support.
- Episode Three - Remain Calm — Chip can't get his computer to work and ends up breaking it into multiple pieces and has to explain his plight to an IT Support Representative on the phone.
- Episode Four - Sales Demolition — Derrick gets charged with changing Nancy's VPN username after she gets married so she can run a sales meeting, but accidentally resets every password in the entire enterprise and is forced to find a way to sidestep blame.
- Episode Four and a Half - Chip the Sysadmin — Chip, fired from Plastroltech for the virus attack in 'Sales Demolition' has a job as a sysadmin at another company now. Confronted with the problem of getting new email addresses for his client's new hires, he gives Derrick a call to try to figure it out.
The series has its own website
, and all the episodes have been posted multiple times on youtube.
Provides Examples of: