Web Video: The Adventures Of Feelgood And Longbottom
"The Adventures of Feelgood and Longbottom" is a comedy film series written and directed by some moron named Chris G (Dr Furball), and starring his brothers David and James.The series follows Irving Feelgood (David) and Carl Longbottom (James) as they journey through Science Fiction, Film Noir and other genres. Originally educational films made for David's science class, it was decided to be as funny as possible. In fact, the crew ended up having too much fun making them, to the point where the third film, Starmageddon is being made without an educational lesson to be learned.As of this writing, the series consists of:
- Journey To the Center of That Planety Thing We Live On-Our heroes travel deep into the Earth to learn about the planet's layers.
- Hard Rock-In this Film Noir styled mystery, F&L investigate the murder of a fat guy by a rock.
- Starmageddon-A comedy Space Opera currently in development.
These movies provides examples of:
- Edutainment Show: Originally.
- Private Eye Monologue: Feelgood delivers one throughout Hard Rock.
- Shout-Out: To Mega Man X, Tex Avery, Airplane!, among others. Also, the main character is named "Dr. Feelgood"
- Development Hell: Starmageddon, due to the busy schedules of the cast and crew.
- Improbable Weapon User: Feelgood near the end of Hard Rock.
- Running Gag: "It's hot" and "The Core." in Journey. And "Totally a/the X" for the series as a whole.
- The Smurfette Principle: Totally a Scientist in Journey, but lessened by Igneous Rock and Princess Cowabunga in the others.
- Film Noir: Hard Rock
- Creator Cameo: Yours truly, the writer/director appears as the murder victim in the second film. And as a supporting character in the third.
- Stock Footage: Unashamedly.
- Cold Open: Both films.
- The Stinger: Yep again.
- Hilarious Outtakes: Played over the credits in Journey, Hard Rock got a seperate gag reel.
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: Feelgood as the good cop, Longbottom as the bad cop.
- Continuity Nod: There's not much in the way of continuity, but a mention of the events in Journey is made in Hard Rock as a "geology project".
- Funny Background Event: Look closely at Feelgood's gun at the climax of Hard Rock.
- Title Drop: "Maybe he took it too literally when someone told him to headbang to Hard Rock?"
- Product Placement/ Actor Allusion: David M (Feelgood) appears in another video directed by Chris G (DrFurball/The Fat Man). What's David's character doing when we first see him? Watching Hard Rock.
- Dr. Feelgood: Averted, despite a character being named after the Trope Namer.