Web Video / School Of Thrones
A parody of the HBO series Game of Thrones
, and its source material A Song of Ice and Fire
. At Westeros Valley High School, the various cliques are extremely Serious Business
, and prepare to go to war over who will be crowned Prom King and Queen. Sansa Stark crosses family lines to team up with Joffrey Lannister, while brothers Stannis and Renly Baratheon find their longtime sibling rivalry coming to a head. New girl Dany Targaryen has seen this sort of thing happen at too many other schools, and determines the only thing to do is to take control of everything herself.
See it here.
School of Thrones provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Stannis, according to both his brother and his girlfriend.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Sansa's attraction to Joffrey.
- Badass Biker: Drogo is apparently one.
- Butt-Monkey: Theon Greyjoy is so disliked by everyone except Robb that when he speaks his own name, the whole room starts hissing, booing and throwing debris at him.
- Contrived Coincidence: The information from the Burn Book that everyone ended up with, given the completely random means by which it was distributed. Jon ended up with something about a certain Sam Tarly, the Baratheon brothers got the information about each other, Joffrey got something about Sansa and Theon received his own info.
- Crash-Into Hello: Sansa crashes into Dany in episode 1, setting up an immediate Ship Tease between Jon and Dany.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: The worship of Rh'llor here is along the lines of a Christian campus club, most likely a Mormon one, in light of Stannis' dress sense and the indication that believers in Rh'llor don't drink alcohol. Except they're following canon and Melisandre is pregnant out of wedlock.
- Demoted to Sight Gag: Jaime Lannister as some sort of campus security.
- Dodgy Toupee: Dany, as Lampshaded in episode one. Jon's isn't much better.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Balon Greyjoy as the swim coach.
- Eureka Moment: Sansa literally says "Epiphany!" when it dawns on her how silly the fight over Prom King and Queen is.
- Theon has one when he sees the burn book entry about him not having friends and jumps in to save Robb.
- Everybody Lives: The much feared Prom Night passes without any deaths, dismemberments, or other serious injures. Quite a twist for something related to A Song of Ice and Fire.
- Evil Brit: The one guy sticking with his canon accent, vice principal Petyr Baelish.
- Fag Hag: Margaery, at Renly's kegger.
- Foreign Exchange Student: Dany.
- Gang of Hats: How the series deals with the Houses of the books/tv series (and their tendency toward Planet of Hats): the Starks are hipsters, the Lannisters are bullies with a Pretty Fly for a White Guy motif, the Baratheons are preppy / fratboy types, and the Greyjoys are the swim team.
- Granola Girl: Melisandre.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Theon and Robb are BEST DUDES FOREVER!!
- High School A.U.
- Hipster: The Starks. Their ways are the vintage ways.
- Jerk Jock: Joffrey is one, as are Renly and Loras. In all cases, there's also elements of a male Alpha Bitch.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Robb is one to Sansa.
- Most Definitely Not a Villain: Theon's attempt to sneak into Renly's party with Robb while disguised as Baratheons.
- Na´ve Everygirl: Sansa.
- New Transfer Student: Dany.
- Pretty Boy: Loras
- Pyromaniac: Sansa asks if Dany is one, in response to her talk of taking over the school with Fire and Blood.
- Shirtless Scene: The whole point of the Greyjoys.
- Sibling Rivalry: Stannis and Renly.
- Stealth Pun: When Petyr Baelish declares himself Prom King, Jaime Lannister jumps him. Remember what Jaime's also called?
- In Episode 2, Renly Baratheon throws a truly righteous kegger filled to the rafters with high school and college-aged students. What's another name for this kind of social event? A stag party!
- Stripperiffic: The Greyjoys are always in those speedos. Always.
- Totally Radical: Joffrey, and Renly to a lesser degree.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Renly loves peaches, a nod to the peach in the confrontation scene between the brothers in the books.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: ...so who won prom king? At the end of episode 3, Baelish runs out of the school and declares that Sansa won prom queen...with Baelish himself as her prom king. He is then dragged away by Jaime.
Brace yourselves. Prom Night is coming.