The official poster.Project: Library
is a four-part action/comedy YouTube
series created by TimH and Jack Howard (as well as many other Youtubers) that premiered in October 2013.
Michael Foster is in a LOT of trouble. Seems that he never returned Rory the Dinosaur
to the Battersham Library...which he checked out in the '80s. The library, which is in serious debt, and run by the totally crazy Troy Bennet, decides to collect on Michael's overdue fees, which add up to a million pounds (not dollars
). At first Michael brushes off the library's calls, but when they kidnap his ex-girlfriend, shhhh gets real.
You can watch the trailer here
The main series, hosted on Tim's channel
- “Collateral Damage”
- “The Final Chapter”
There are also several tie-in shorts, behind-the-scenes thinngs, interviews, and other fun stuff hosted on the Multiverse channel
to promote the series:
Has an official tumblr
Tropes present in this series include:
- Accidental Truth: In the last episode, we briefly meet, of all people, Jason Smythe-McDougle Heinz.
- Ax-Crazy: Putting it mildly, Troy is incredibly unreasonable.
- Bad Boss: Troy Bennet. “If your dog was here right now, I'd kill your fucking dog.
- Badass Boast: The things Troy boasts about. Delta company, 2nd Battalion Airborne, 502 Airborne Infantry, 101st Airborne Division, 3 silver stars for gallantry, 3 bronze stars for heroism, 8 purple hearts for cake decoration.
- Bait-and-Switch Gunshot: Poor, poor Will.
- Earlier, Will pretends to shoot Rachel to help her get away.
- Big NO: Steve does this when Will dies. Since he's in a library, though, he whispers it instead of actually screaming.
- Brick Joke: “...I guess that's the fishing trip cancelled.”
- Chekhov's Gun: The kindle.
- Enhance Button: The satellite image they pick up can apparently zoom in enough to clearly read the title of a book on the ground.
- Evil Is Hammy: Troy, to a ridiculous extent.
- Gilligan Cut: “I'm sure he's a perfectly reasonable man.” (Cut to Troy) “I AM NOT. A REASONABLE. MAAAAN!”
- Headphones Equal Isolation: The old man peacefully listening to music in the library, completely unaware of the battle going on behind him.
- If My Calculations Are Correct: ...he owes us a million pounds.
- I Have No Grandson: A favorite tactic of Troy's.
- Oh Crap: When Michael realizes that the library is serious about the million pounds.
- Oh, No... Not Again!: Troy makes the same mistake twice by not blocking the back door in Vietnam or in the present. This is more or less his reaction to the latter
- On the Next: All the parts end like this. Except the last one, for obvious reasons.
- Previously On: Hand-in-hand with On the Next.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: I AM NOT! A REASONABLE! MAAAAAAN!
- Serious Business: Library books.
- Shoot Out the Lock: Doesn't work. It just wastes the remaining bullets.
- Skyward Scream: Steve does this with Will's dead body. See Big NO above.
- You Just Had to Say It: Said by one guard to his companion after he notes the unlikelihood that a civilian will have a grenade.