"So, question: How should we follow this up?"
"Robert, think here. We wound up launching ourselves into the upper atmosphere and then got shot down by a Navy jet, and now we have a f*&@ing bill that'll take a year's allowance to pay off! How do you think we should follow this up?"
"We should build a space shuttle?"A webseries about two extremely bored brothers, Robert and Colin, (and eventually, their sister, Kara, and dog, Maggie) who undertake some unusual activities, in an effort to keep things interesting throughout a seemingly endless series of Saturdays. It takes some inspiration from The Office, including the cold open for most episodes, and the "interviews" with the characters that occur periodically. The series can be found here.
- The Alleged Plane: The plane the brothers build in Episode 1 is constructed primarily out of a red wagon, has cardboard wings, and uses an exploding propane tank as a source of propulsion.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Kara, while perhaps the most quiet and normal of the three, gets annoyed enough by her siblings to try and ensure that they get permanently lost in the wilderness, in Episode 5.
- Brick Joke: Near the beginning of Episode 4, Robert mentions having a webseries called Bionicle vs Transformers, which has one comment. At the end, he abandons the online news show the trio is working on to continue work on Bionicle vs Transformers, after finding out it has received another two comments.
- Chroma Key: Kara attempts to construct a green screen in Episode 4, which Robert plans on using to pretend to be at the premiere of the (then-unnamed) sequel to the Dark Knight.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Robert
- Critical Research Failure: Robert's news reporting for his news show includes the discovery of Bigfoot (on the White House Lawn, no less), and the year-old news of the election of Barack Obama as president.
- Cue Card: After Kara takes control of the news show's teleprompter, the news reports begin to show fairly significant signs of bias.
- Downer Ending: Episode 4 ends with the news show falling apart after Kara is fired, Robert leaves to work on his own projects, and Maggie gets bored and wanders off.
- Hypocritical Humor: At the start of Episode 6, Colin delivers a tirade against shows that do a Christmas special out of obligation. Episode 6 is titled "Obligatory Christmas Special," and is, well, an obligatory Christmas special.
- Invisible Parents: Although the parents of the trio are mentioned at least once, they are never actually seen.
- Oscar Bait: When Colin dodges a Nerf bullet in slow-motion, a subtitle is superimposed, which says "Academy Award For Best Special Effects?"
- Remember the New Guy: Until the second half of Episode 3, Kara is never mentioned or shown.
- Episode 3 contains a sequence where the brothers become Ghostbusters, complete with the theme music.
- In Episode Two, the national anthem of Robertistan is The Imperial March.
- Straight Man: Both Colin and Kara
- Too Dumb to Live: In Episode 1, Robert and Colin try to launch their homemade plane by putting a loaded propane tank under it and setting it on fire.