Web Video: Enchufe Tv
Enchufe.tv is an Ecuadorian web series produced by Touché Films, based in Quito, Ecuador, consisting of comedic sketches viewed primarily on its YouTube channels, as well as on Ecuadorian television channel Ecuavisa. The group was created on November 13th, 2011 by Leonardo Robalino, Christian Moya, Martín Domínguez and Jorge Ulloa (who also acts and directs many of the sketches), and they present many gag sketches with professional actors and production team.Currently the channel is only in spanish without subtitles, and you can visit the Youtube channel and the Main Website.—-
- The Ace: The boy from "El Mejor Amigo" ("My Best Friend") is jealous of how his girlfriend's best friend Juancho is better looking and excels in cooking and playing instruments. His jealousy only increases after the three go camping and the boy suffers defeat after defeat. Frustrated, he lashes out at his girlfriend, only for her to reveal that Juancho is actually a nice guy who is their Shipper on Deck and actually thinks that the boy is awesome. After his Heel Realization, he tries to apologize, only for a tree to drop on Juancho, killing him. Cue an epic Say My Name (see below), with the boy falling into an Heroic BSOD, tearfully apologizing for not being nicer to Juancho. However, in the end, it turns that Juancho is Not Quite Dead.
- Adorkable: Chichico.
- Apocalypse How: Class 2 in El Último Hombre (The Last Man). A boy is rejected once again by a girl who tells him that she would never be with him even if he is the last man on Earth. After a report in the news about contamination and it's effect on Earth, the boy pollutes the Earth and provokes an apocalypsis in which he becomes the last man on Earth. When said girl finds out, she asks him to be her boyfriend at last....at least until the boy says they're going too steady.
- Attention Whore: Addressed in Foto Pa'l Face (Selfie for Facebook).
- Breakout Character: Chichico, played by Raúl Santana. Even in universe the production plays with this.
- Brutal Honesty: The entire video En un Mundo Sincero (In a Truthful World), it's taken Up to Eleven.
- Camp Gay, Double Standard: The sketch Privilegios de ser Gay (Privileges of being Gay) parodies this. A plain and unnatractive boy wants to score with the girls, so he asks advice from a Camp Gay. The Camp Gay convinces the boy that if he becomes gay as well, he'll have benefits with girls. In the end it turns up to be a Batman Gambit to have sex with the boy.Plain boy: (after having sex) Hey, this wasn't part of my plan!Gay boy: No, but it was mine!
- Clingy Jealous Girl / Yandere: Samara from Ya Supéralo (Get Over It).
- Darker and Edgier: The whole idea of El Trailer del Chavo (La Película), by making it an Affectionate Parody of El Chavo del ocho. It wasn't very well received by some of the original staff (See below).
- Deconstruction: Played straight with their sketches Los Maderos de San Juan (The San Juan Maderos), Una Muñeca Vestida de Azul (A Blue-dressed Doll), Mambrú and El Bosque de la China (In The Forest of China) which consists in a little boy thinking about children songs in a literal and Nightmare Fuel way. The little boy gets his BSOD in the end.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Parodied in Sketch Pirata (Pirate Sketch) which a father chastise his wife and son for buying a pirate Enchufe TV DVD which he appears.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "¡Que no me llames Chichico!" ("Don't call me Chichico"). The nickname comes from an ecuadorian monkey.
- Humiliation Conga: Mostly for the Chichico Sketches, where the poor boy suffers a lot in the span of 3 minutes.
- Memetic Mutation: Parodied in Me Gusta (I Like it) which one person say the word "Me Gusta" and a giant meme appears to spit in his face and become a meme too and infects other people.
- Product Placement: After the increasing popularity of the channel and the agency, the team produced many commercials for national broadcastings (some of them go to the category "Sponsor").
- Say My Name: JUANCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
- Scandal Gate: The Chavogate. One week after the edgy parody of El Chavo del ocho, Roberto Gomez Fernandez, son of the original creator, Roberto Gomez Bolaños, didn't like the parody. He said that the parody destroys the original intention of the series, because it put adult elements into a child's show. Later, Televisa sent a copyright infringement notice to YouTube in order to take down the video. Time after, Televisa and Touché Films reached an agreement and the video is now online. María Antonieta de las Nieves stated that she would demand Touché Films when she was in Ecuador. She decided against it, though.
- Tempting Fate: A recurring theme of the sketches "¿Quién dice?" ("Who says?"), where the foolish guy will always try to do something reckless without listening to his more Genre Savvy friend.
- The Internet Is for Porn: The Internet user from Un Día Sin Internet (A Day Without Internet) is a porn addict.
- Trojan Gauntlet: Parodied in Compra Condones (Buy Condoms), when Chichico try to buy condoms in a pharmacy and, before he buys, many people appear behind him, included his relatives, a nun and a TV reporter. And in the end it turns out that the condoms weren't for him, but for a friend, who didn't even ask for condoms in the first place.Chichico's friend: Why did you took so long?Chichico: Here! Have your damn condoms!Chichico's friend: Shoelaces! I said I wanted shoelaces!
- Twist Ending: The speciality of Enchufe TV. Played for laughs, though.
- Values Dissonance: Invoked. Parodied in the sketches "Mundo Alrevés" ("Upside Down World"), were issues like feminism, appearance or vegetarians are put in different like for laughs.
- With Friends Like These...: A Running Gag.