Enchufe.tv is an Ecuadorian web series produced by Touché Films, based in Quito, Ecuador, consisting of comedic sketches viewed primarily on its YouTube
channels, as well as on Ecuadorian television channel Ecuavisa. The group was created on November 13th, 2011 by Leonardo Robalino, Christian Moya, Martín Domínguez and Jorge Ulloa (who also acts and directs many of the sketches), and they present many gag sketches with professional actors and production team.
Currently the channel is only in spanish without subtitles, and you can visit the Youtube channel
and the Main Website
- Adorkable: Chichico.
- Apocalypse How: Class 2 in El Último Hombre (The Last Man). A boy is rejected once again by a girl who tells him that she would never be with him even if he is the last man on Earth. After a report in the news about contamination and it's effect on Earth, the boy pollutes the Earth and provokes an apocalypsis in which he becomes the last man on Earth. When said girl finds out, she asks him to be her boyfriend at last....at least until the boy says they're going too steady.
- Attention Whore: Addressed in Foto Pa'l Face (Selfie for Facebook).
- Breakout Character: Chichico, played by Raúl Santana. Even in universe the production plays with this.
- Brutal Honesty: The entire video En un Mundo Sincero (In a Truthful World), it's taken Up to Eleven.
- Camp Gay, Double Standard: The sketch Privilegios de ser Gay (Privileges of being Gay) parodies this. A plain and unnatractive boy wants to score with the girls, so he asks advice from a Camp Gay. The Camp Gay convinces the boy that if he becomes gay as well, he'll have benefits with girls. In the end it turns up to be a Batman Gambit to have sex with the boy.
- Clingy Jealous Girl / Yandere: Samara from Ya Supéralo (Get Over It).
- Darker and Edgier: The whole idea of El Trailer del Chavo (La Película), by making it an Affectionate Parody of El Chavo del ocho.
- Deconstruction: Played straight with their sketches Los Maderos de San Juan (The San Juan Maderos), Una Muñeca Vestida de Azul (A Blue-dressed Doll), Mambrú and El Bosque de la China (In The Forest of China) which consists in a little boy thinking about children songs in a literal and terrific way. The little boy gets his BSOD in the end.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Parodied in Sketch Pirata (Pirate Sketch) which a father chastise his wife and son for buying a pirate Enchufe TV DVD which he appears.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "¡Que no me llames Chichico!" ("Don't call me Chichico"). The nickname comes from an ecuadorian monkey.
- Memetic Mutation: Parodied in Me Gusta (I Like it) which one person say the word "Me Gusta" and a giant meme appears to spit in his face and become a meme too and infect other people.
- Product Placement: After the increasing popularity of the channel and the agency, the team produced many commercials for national broadcastings (some of them go to the category "Sponsor").
- A visible example is in Foto Pa'l Face, which features the Movistar logo prominently.
- Another example is in Tipos de Alumnos which features the Bunky logo. Bunky is an Ecuadorian company that makes shoes.
- Say My Name: JUANCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
- Tempting Fate: A recurring theme of the sketches "¿Quién dice?" ("Who says?"), where the foolish guy will always try to do something reckless without listening to his more Genre Savvy friend.
- The Internet Is for Porn: The Internet user from Un Día Sin Internet (A Day Without Internet) is a porn addict.
- Trojan Gauntlet: Parodied in Compra Condones (Buy Condoms), when Chichico try to buy condoms in a pharmacy and, before he buys, many people appear behind him, included his relatives and a nun. And in the end it turns out that the condoms weren't for him, but for a friend, who didn't even ask for condoms in the first place.
- Twist Ending: The speciality of Enchufe TV. Played for laughs, though.
- With Friends Like These...: A Running Gag.