Ever wondered what would happen if the documentary crew from The Office
Enter Master Ken (Not Ken Masters
), Chief Instructor at the Ameri-Do-Te Dojo. Ameri-Do-Te is the most deadly martial art known to man and all other Martial Arts are BULLSHIT
. Enter The Dojo is a documentary/Web Series about Master Ken instructing his students in the ways of Ameri-Do-Te.
Begin your training here
This series includes examples of:
- The Ace: Master Ken, of course.
- Adorkable: Cynthia
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Master Ken, Billy, and Lin Da.
- Artistic License - History: Master Ken's grip on historical facts is tedious at best.
- Aside Glance: Anthony employs this trope constantly. Occasionally, Master Ken will indulge in this too.
- Badass Mustache: Master Ken, naturally.
- Beware the Nice Ones: "Sometimes, I have evil thoughts and I used to tell them to my teddy bear, but then I thought it would turn him evil, so I stopped..."
- Butt Monkey: most of the male characters, but Anthony most of all.
- Crossover: With Ask a Ninja.
- The Danza: Out of the main cast, Rachel. Amongst one-shot characters there's also Stefani and Alejandro.
- Forbidden Technique: There are many deadly techniques in Ameri-Do-Te, but the deadliest has to be Kill Face. It cannot even be shown on camera.
- Groin Attack: The prime MO of Ameri-Do-Te and Rachel's specialty
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Rachel and Anthony
- Talking Heads: In keeping with the documentary style of the show
- What the Fu Are You Doing?: Three Words: Thrust of Freedom
- Lampshaded by Anthony: "I can't think of a better way to stop someone from beating me up by violently humping them. I also can't think of a better way to get someone to kick my ass than violently humping them."
- The Hurticane, even more so.
TV TROPES IS BULLSHIT.