The spacemen in episode 4: "Xenophobia"
A pixel art Web Animation
series starring Sips
of the Yogscast
and animated by Balbod. Two unnamed spacemen: a human-hating alien in an orange spacesuit (Sjin) and his human best friend have misadventures as they drift through space.
The series can be found on YouTube here
- Absolute Xenophobe: The orange spaceman hates aliens. Unfortunately, he's not actually human.
- Awesome but Impractical: Difficult-to-obtanium golf clubs, which are heavy, bend easily, and can't actually be used to play golf, but they make you look classy.
- Diary: The orange spaceman has a "space diary".
- Evil Laugh: The deathbots in episode 8.
- Explosive Decompression: The purple spaceman after he takes off his helmet in episode 2.
- Fantastic Racism: In episode 8, the blue spaceman can't tell the deathbots apart. They call him out for this.
- Happily Married: The orange spaceman, with two beautiful...girlfriends.
- Hookers and Blow: The blue spaceman mentions the orange one would spend all the difficult-to-obtanium money on this. The orange spaceman responds that without the prostitutes, you don't look successful taking the cocaine.
- Kill All Humans: The orange spaceman. Despite being friends with the blue spaceman, he often resists the urge to drink his blood.
- The Internet Is for Porn: No-one logs onto the Internet any more after all the dirty pictures were taken down.
- No Name Given: Apart from "yellow guy" (Caroline), none of the characters are named.
- Ridiculous Future Sequelisation: The spacemen watched Weekend at Bernie's 27 in the pod, while James Bond has been on the decline since movie 200, and still hasn't cast an alien in the lead role.
- Robot Maid: The deathbots in episode 10.
- Running Gag: "Space love".
- Something That Begins with "Boring": Episode 7. As they play I Spy drifting through empty space, the answer is usually "star".
- Suspect Is Hatless: The contractor in episode 13 says his brother went missing looking for some hitchhikers, describing him as wearing a spacesuit. Despite the fact that everyone apart from the orange spaceman's wife and girlfriends wears spacesuits, the orange spaceman denies having seen anyone matching that description.
- Space Pirate: In episode 9, a space pirate, wearing an eyepatch over his visor, holds the spacemen ransom.
- SpaceX: Used constantly. Space love, space rickets, space weeks, space months, space diaries, space steroids...
- Unobtanium: Difficult-to-obtanium, which is mostly used for impractical golf clubs.
- The Unreveal: Neither the orange nor the blue spaceman are named in the series and are often cut off before they reveal their name.