Web Animation / Past Cast
A web series from the guys
who make Red vs. Blue
. Historical figures talk about history
. Has since been discontinued. Can be watched here
Provides examples of:
- America Saves the Day: Averted. Russians are quite distinctly named as the people attacking Hitler's bunker.
- Anachronism Stew: In the Julius Caesar episode, Julius has ordered and begun eating some Little Caesar's pizza. By extention, the entire series qualifies for this since every individual featured wouldn't have even known what the Internet is since it didn't exist in their time period.
- Artistic License – History: The Lincoln episode has Lincoln celebrating the end of the war, and talking about viewers supporting him for reelection. Lincoln had already won a second term by the war's end.
- Bad Boss: Hitler screams at some poor soldier who sacrificed his life for him.
- Creator Backlash: Burnie confessed at RTX that the group did not like this as much as their previous projects.
- Dawson Casting / Younger Than They Look: Pocahontas is only twelve, and played by a woman in her late 20s. This is, of course, Lampshaded.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: John Smith's attempts to placate Mr. Hontas with a feast is not going well...
John Smith: *after sneezing into a blanket and handing it to Mr.Hontas* I'm sure we can work out this smallpox— Small problems...
- Dirty Old Man: John Smith.
- Driven to Suicide: Hitler, obviously.
- Double Entendre: John Smith fails at these.
: I'd like her to land on my Plymouth Cock
John Smith: I'd like to poke-her-hotass, if you know what I mean.
- Hypocritical Humor:
: Who would not want to work for such a nice person as me?
- Offhand Backhand: Abraham Lincoln does a firearm variation of this to a would-be assassin. This is ironic, considering how he died...
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Adolf Hitler, as a result of being played by Joel Heyman.
- This is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Lincoln, after taking out an assassin with a rifle: "THAT'S RIGHT, BITCH! I'M PRESIDENT!"
- Wham Line:
"Mr. Hontas": How.
"Mr. Hontas": How can you do this?
"John Smith": Every position possible.
"Mr. Hontas": Do you know how many summers have passed since her birth?
: Uh oh.
This is new information. *to Pocahontas, offscreen* TWELVE
?! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!