"How To Kill A Mockingbird
" is a 12 minute-long Flash movie made by Anthony Scodary and Nico Benitez. It centers on a book report of To Kill a Mockingbird
made by a little boy who didn't read the entire book, leading to Crazy Awesome
This Flash movie provides examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo - The guns on the pirates' laser swords shoot other swords.
- Achilles' Heel - The only way to kill a Mockingbird is by hitting it with the moon.
- Alternate Character Interpretation - In-universe.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Everybody, for the (final) ultimate climactic battle
- Bears Are Bad News - Bears that are on fire.
- Detonation Moon - It's the only way to kill a Mockingbird.
- Deus Ex Nukina
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks / Flying Seafood Special - The pirates ride on the backs of flying sharks... That are on fire!
- Giant Flyer - The Mockingbird is a giant cyborg-bird monstrosity with two heads, one of which is that of Pat Sajak, and blades like those of a helicopter.
- Imperial China - Ostensibly. According to the book report, this is the home of ninjas and predates the discovery of fire (even though everything is on fire)
- Incendiary Exponent - The sharks and bears are on fire, and the Mockingbird is on "cold fire".
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja
- Kill 'em All - Surprising, no?
- Large and in Charge: Inverted. The first Mockingbird eventually summons an army of other Mockingbirds that are described as being "even bigger and blacker than him."
- Laser Blade - The pirates' laser swords with guns on them. The mockingbird can shoot lightsabers out of its mouth.
- Lens Flare - The flying pirate ship has a lens flare and motion blur, which is mentioned by the narrator.
- Made of Iron - The pirates can survive falling a million feet to the ground below, because they're pirates.
- Magical Negro - The mysterious slave woman.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot - Quite possibly one of the most over-the-top examples ever made.
- Ominous Floating Castle - Which doubles as a time machine.
- Our Presidents Are Different - They're actually ninjas who transformed themselves into presidents. Wait, not presidents, I meant volcanoes.
- Pyrrhic Victory - The mockingbirds are apparently defeated, but almost everyone dies.
- Robotic Reveal - Scout is actually a robot guy.
- Rule of Cool
- Rule of Funny
- Sky Pirate - Boo Radley and his crew.
- Smoke Shield - Not only was the mockingbird unharmed, it had grown another head, which was even bigger-looking.
- So Bad, It's Good - Intentionally.
- Sound In Space - But they really didn't care at that point.
- Space Pirates - The pirates go into space for the final battle.
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Time Travel
- Time Skip - There is a nine year time skip during the ninja vs. pirate battle.
- Trope Codifier - Given how old the short is, it could probably be this for Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot.
- Visual Pun - Dill is played by a pickle.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting - The ninjas transform into dinosaurs, fireballs, volcanoes, and presidents.
- Artistic License - Linguistics - The book "How to kill a Mockingbird" is written in "African".