Web Animation: Doctor Lollipop
"I am no ordinary unicorn. I am... A UNICORN DOCTOR!!"Doctor Lollipop
is a web cartoon on Cartoon Hangover, the YouTube
page for Frederator Studios
The cartoon is a parody
of Medical Drama
shows set in a Fractured Fairy Tale
setting. A raptor
eats Little Red Riding Hood
, The Big Bad Wolf
, and a slew of Talking Animals
. He unfortunately gets a stomachache from all this so he seeks the aid of Dr. Lollipop, a pink manly unicorn doctor.
Can be viewed here
Doctor Lollipop features examples of:
- Always Someone Better: Subverted. Doctor Lollipop is obviously reluctant to call in Doctor Woodsman despite needing his help, and it initially seems to be because Doctor Woodsman is this for him. It turns out that it's because Doctor Woodsman is a squeamish dullard who's too concerned with the risk of hurting cute animals to actually do his job.
- Balloon Belly: Mr. Rawr the raptor gets this after swallowing too many Talking Animals.
- Bait and Switch: At the start of the cartoon there is a double. Little Red Riding Hood sees some eyes peeking out of a wolf shaped bush that she remarks are very big. However instead of continuing the classic routine, she whips out some mace. However before she can spray her assailant, the owner of the eyes pops out and it's revealed to be a raptor.
- The Big Bad Wolf: He appears here along with Red. He unfortunately gets eaten as well.
- Big Eater: Mr. Rawr the raptor has a insatiable appetite to eat everyone he comes across. This bites him back as Talking Animals give him a stomachache.
- Bishōnen: Dr. Lollipop
- Bunnies for Cuteness: Nurse Crackers
- Calling Your Attacks:
Dr. Lollipop: Super Magical Rainbow Kick!
- Doctor Obvious: A.K.A. Dr. Woodsman.
- Carnivore Confusion:
A Carnivore's Guide to Eating Animals pamphlet: If they keep a talkin', you keep a' walkin'.
- Chainsaw Good: Coco seems very fond of hers.
- Eaten Alive
- Even the Guys Want Him: Dr. Woodsman
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Mr. Rawr the raptor.
- Fractured Fairy Tale: The Little Red Riding Hood story but with a dinosaur and framed as a Medical Drama with a manly unicorn as the head doctor.
- Growling Gut
- Large Ham: Dr. Lollipop
- Little Red Fighting Hood: Little Red Riding Hood tries to be this by having a can of mace in hand. It unfortunately doesn't help her against a dinosaur.
- Little Miss Snarker: Dr. Coco
- Meat Grinder Surgery: They use an axe, and it's implied that Coco would be allowed to use her chainsaw if she weren't just a resident.
- Mundane Made Awesome: To distribute a tasty watermelon snack to his team before an operation, Dr. Lollipop tosses it in the air and performs a Super Magical Rainbow Kick! instead of, you know, just cutting it open.
- Overly Long Name: Mr. Rawr's full name is actually a very long series of roars and grunts.
- Raptor Attack: Rawr is of the usual Jurassic Park-styled fare.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Most of the animals, but Nurse Crackers in particular.
- Swallowed Whole: Mr. Rawr swallows his victims whole.
- Talking Animal: Every animal in the cartoon is this. Mr. Rawr is also apparently one but he's The Unintelligible.
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs:
Mr. Popcorn Gumball Sprinkles is my father. You may call me DOCTOR LOLLIPOP! Or Doctor LOL
, but only on weekends.
- The Unintelligible: Mr. Rawr only speaks in grunts and roars. He is given a pamphlet to learn "mammal" at the end to remedy this.