is an action/slice-of-life Flash animation Web series by a fellow known as Dozzer.
Having spent many years controlled by the secret organization named Erecore, Cherry breaks away from her captors and flees for her freedom, using her superhuman abilities against the entity that gave them to her. Erecore's troops finally catch up to her in the city of Greenswoode and engage her in battle. Amidst the rubble, Cherry is rescued by a bystander named Noah who attends the nearby college. There, her life of freedom may finally begin.
What is notable about this series is that aside from the occasional caption explaining what is going through a character's mind, Cherry Weapon
is free of dialogue, preferring to tell the story through its characters' actions.
Thus far, there is only one episode up, with the promise of more to come. But what we have so far is very promising.
This work provides examples of:
- Badass Normal: Despite (as far as we know) having none of her powers, the Erecore assault force's purple-clad commander blocks a spike thrown by Cherry with his arm and does not hesitate to confront her in person when Red Cherry takes over. This doesn't prevent him from losing his limbs and getting stabbed in the face in the process.
- Faceless Goons: Erecore's soldiers, thanks to their masks and full-body armor.
- Healing Factor: Cherry is able to recover from being shot in the head. Within seconds.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: Being a cyborg assassin, Cherry has plenty of this. Special recognition to the bladed mechanical tentacles that emerge whenever Red Cherry emerges.
- Oh Crap: Cherry's reaction when she realizes that the attack she had just blocked consists of electrified cables.
- Phlebotinum Rebel: Cherry herself.
- Pretty Little Headshots: Cherry takes one herself. She gets better.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Cherry's eyes are normally blue, but should they ever switch to red, run. Things are about to get even bloodier.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: It is still too early to tell whether Red Cherry is actually evil or not, but she is definitely superpowered. And very, very violent.